Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putter grip fitting

• 29-08-2024 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi folks, any recommendations on where to get a putter grip (supplied by me) fitted around d14 area or near enough and for a reasonable cost? What should I expect to pay? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Neewollah

Not from the area, but if I brought one into my own local golf shop he'd probably stick it on for free, Max price between 10/20 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

If you have double-sided tape and paint thinners, you can fit the grip yourself. Just cut off the old grip, sharp knive will do the trick - watch your fingers. Put some double-sided tape to the shaft, and add some paint thinners over the tape and inside the new grip. The new grip should slide on easily, and you'll have a moment to align it properly before it dries. Let it sit for a few hours to dry completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Sorbet

Not sure if loughlinstown is too far but I know this guy and couldn’t recommend him more highly for all your grip/repair stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Spawell have a grip fitting room at the range. I'd imagine they could fit one for you while you spent an hour at the range hitting balls.

I'd say give them a call to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

wouldn’t be a million miles from there if you want to give me a steer towards who to contact….might be regripping a couple so if they were better value than say mcguirks then would be worth my while….

• Advertisement

thanks! I forgot about them and they’d be reasonably handy so might give them a shout to see what the cost would be….

cheers for the suggestions….not sure I’d trust myself not to screw it up….i did look up a YouTube video and as soon as they mentioned things like vice grips and stuff I just checked out….id just be afraid I wouldn’t align it right even if I could manage to do it as easily as you describe it…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah, especially if it's not a standard round putter grip, you don't want a putter grip fitted off of square

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Sorbet

sorry should have explained. If you want to contact Conor that’s his Adverts name - if you search golf grip on adverts you’ll see one of his adverts and if you just bid €1 for pm purposes you’ll be able to contact him through there. Really genuine guy and I guarantee he’ll be cheaper than the shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

• Advertisement
Advertisement