Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

TA… Sunlight reflecting off car window on other side of the road… glare straight into my eyes.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

lunch in the men’s test cricket. Yet 85% of the time during the break is spent by the pundits discussing, promoting and analysing the upcoming women’s World Cup. Instead of the mornings play.

If it was the other way around. Woman’s game yet the pundits during the break focusing on the men’s team you’d not hear the end of it… and rightly… play to resume and off to the adds..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Test cricket is almost seen as an inconvenience nowadays

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My phone. Missed a call earlier on. didnt hear it. noticed the volume was turned down so i turned it up to full. i have missed 2 calls since. only now do i realise that i had Mute turned on. somehow putting the volume to max doesn't turn off mute. stupid phone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My back is being a right painful bastid today. Also spent half my lunch on phone to council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

My head is melted off me in work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Oasis. I barely know who they are and I'm sick of hearing about them.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,489 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Couldn't care less about the reunion.

I used like their music but was overplayed to hell on everything at the time and it's something I've grown out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Deregos.

She's got the hump with me again . . don't know what I'm supposed to have done wrong this time . . Ah well, I'm off down the pub to finish the darts competition.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I didn't have a lot growing up so I never got to go to the cinema or listen to music beyond what was on the radio so I missed out on Oasis. Generally, when something like a series or movie franchise is revisited, the results are underwhelming in the best case scenario.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

my driving licence is about to expire , filled in the form to get the new one and I can’t find the form.. I put it in an envelope for safe keeping, put the envelope in a storage box on the kitchen table and now it’s awol.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They are small areas in deserts where water can still be found and were plants grow. It's also the name of that green, spongy material florists use for flower arrangements, much for the same reasons. :pac:

It was a nice refreshing beverage until sugar tax ruiined it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Same . I would have went to their concert in the 90’s early 00’s but couldn’t be assed now

my TA about the Oasis thing is firstly the venue and secondly the ticket prices.

Stinks of just one almighty cash grab. Absolutely nothing about it is in anyway related to making it a positive experience for your average gig goer / Oasis fan. They just entered the world of the corporate gluttons. Play to as many people as possible in as short a time as possible and ££££££££££

And this from a band that during their heyday were non stop “ ohhh we are working class blahh blahhh “

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I had to go to the hospital today for a follow-up after my recent stay there. My trivial annoyance was that I wore certain clothes to make it easier to show how my shin was, but the consultant couldn't be bothered even looking. "No, no need for me to look. But is it okay now?".

Eh, just have a look, if you're interested. Or I'll give my opinion about it and charge you €150! 🙄😄

I just imagined an insect version of Papa Lazarou from The League of Gentlemen saying "You're my wife now!!!", and debridement was the only way to cancel the marriage. (Have I shown too much of the inner workings of my mind?)

No... not Papa Lazarou...

TA that will strike fear into the hearts of LoG fans before bedtime!

If your doorbell rings dont answer it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Babyreignbow

coverless duvets. why?

Use your mighty arms to slay the fierce enemy that is selfish desire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That nobody on this site remembered Michael Jackson's birthday today. A man who was innocent and found innocent in a court of law, hounded by the tabloid media and played a large part in his early demise. RTE won't play his music, but have no problem playing music from artists who have actually committed sexual crimes.

My maths has gone to **** . Trying to get my wordle score I need to do it on calculator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Things might have changed since the initial announcement so forgive me if that’s the case but from what I’d seen tickets were rather reasonably priced?
    €88 to see Oasis isn’t at all a rip off, would be well cheaper than average prices for acts of equivalent size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

My TA is hotel breakfast black pudding

My job sees me stay in a lot of hotels so I see a lot of hotel breakfast buffets around the country - 95% of the time the black pudding is overcooked and so dry there’s nearly a thick crust over it. Pudding should crumble nicely, not shatter.
    Even accounting for some drying due to sitting in hot holds, they’re still nearly always over cooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Ugh...black pudding...just the thought of eating animal blood turns my stomach 😵

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,489 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Back to back seats in waiting rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Seneca the Stoic

People sticking out their arm to call the bus when it is clearly pulling in to the stop anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

I've mentioned it before about the new,wide,smooth road/cycle path/footpath near me,decided seeing as it was a nice morning to go for a wee walk on the new footpath as i havnt had a chance before,anywho….strolling along,nice morning,bit of sunshine,listening to the wee birds chirpping,kind of morning makes you think "aye,this is not so bad" bit of a breeze blowing,all in all…nice…was lost in contemplation when i get a shout.."lookoutgetthefugoutofitfugginmovegetmooooove" a whole fleet of tour de fukcwit "cyclists" on the footpath and all over the road but no a one of them on the actual cycle path,….which i have to point out is smooth as a babys arse,not even a pebble on it,its near the width of a car lane,put in at, im sure, a cost of many,many millions for cyclists….needless to say these lads broke my contemplation,shouted at them "would ye not use the cycle path FFS!!!!??? they shouted back "we'llcyclewhereverthefugwefugginwelllikenowgethefugoutofourwayoldbollix" cnuts fukced up my good mood and i used to be in the "live and let live" camp…now i hate fukcin cyclists!!! sorry for the bit of a rant but ****!!!

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

pps wheres my wheres my rte macaroons,kevin?

Advertisement