Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,605 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In order to preserve democracy you need to use your vote.

The force and bullying was when Trump incited a mob to storm the Capitol. Not on a discussion forum where posters spell out the possible implications of voters abstaining and not supporting the only actual small d democrat in the race who can stop Trump.

Cubism? You can call it whatever you like, your claims still have zero credibility.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

you posted this-

“And the likelihood of a candidate outside of the GOP or Dems winning is zero. So yes, working within the current system they are limited to Dems or the GOP. It's incredibly disingenuous to imply otherwise.”

Theyre not limited - they have “choice”- if they choose not to exercise that “choice”- that’s fine - but the “choice” is not limited to Rep or Dem - I don’t care what the “likelihood” is- I’ve never discussed “likelihood” - that’s your word not mine - right now Americans have “choice” - that’s a fact .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Well that's a legit source. Seems highly reputable.

Sorry now but if you wish to talk credibility on this thread let’s talk about posters promoting racist acts against Republican candidates wives just for the lols - whilst telling others they’re Trump supporters for not voting Harris -,let’s talk about posters calling people “Trump supporters” just to shut down conversation and discussion - you’re in no position to lecture me that’s for sure

• Advertisement

It seems anybody whose arguments you are unable to actually rebut is "lecturing" you tonight.

Nope. I am talking about the false claims in your post, the one I replied to. False claims you throw out like confetti and when challenged are unable to defend. Instead we get a goal post shift and a gish gallop onto the next set of false claims without foundation.

It is not lecturing when in a discussion claims thrown out without foundation are discredited. Thats what I am in a position to do that - and other posters too.

You contradict your own posts this evening you were claiming communism for a set of actions a couple of posts later you had decided was fascism instead. You cant keep your story straight because it has no foundation, no basis in facts.

Your claims have no credibility and are discredited by such posting tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭Shoog

The point with Vance is that he has courted an extreme right wing voter demographic - and they bite him on the ass by been racist to his wife. Why should anyone be surprised at the outcome.

I think it's disgusting that the right wing base of MAGA is hating an Indian women - but not remotely surprised.

“hung around with Jeffrey Epstein,”

OMG you mean Bill Clinton is really a….a……Trump Supporter???

And it is missing the point entirely ... no criticism of the actual hateful racists but the poster who draws attention to the racism instead gets it.

Cant be bursting the "See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil" bubble when it comes to racist MAGA types seemingly.

It still doesn’t excuse a poster on this thread sharing the news article about his wife getting hate abuse, just for point scoring in a discussion forum - that’s inexcusable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭Shoog

Pointing out that Trump supporters are racist is highly relevant to this discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Far from it - but you know that - I’m not going down rabbit holes with you - sorry, I’ve wasted enough time on this stupid concoktion of an argiement that “all non Harris voters are Trump supports”- as much credibility as the original version - all non Harris voters are repist sympathisers - have your believes couldn’t care less - nor do most people thankfully -I’m more interested in waiting on the verdict of Harris interview this evening - that will be interesting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,944 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Indeed, but this is also used as cover.

The equivalent of someone who knows that can't openly support e.g. Putin, so instead they endlessly criticise and nitpick his opposition, okay but it quickly becomes absurd because Putin is objectively magnitudes worse.

There's plenty of normal criticism for e.g. Harris, I'm not a big fan myself and have criticised her in the past - but if I solely focused on criticism of her, on minor points, whilst at the same time ignoring the major flaws in her opponent - then my agenda would quickly become obvious.

That's what occurs here a lot, to repeat once again, we have candidate A supporters who play a game of "sitting on the fence" simply because they know they can't defend that candidate. And revert back to acting up when called out on the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭maebee

"My wife isn’t white but I love her anyway". Quote from Vance which tells you all you need to know about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Dingaan

Sorry mate. If you don't participate in the circle jerk, you're going to get thread banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,102 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump flip flops on abortion again after Daily Mail asks him about it. This following reports he’s been trying to keep quiet about the issue in Florida, fearing high turnout at the ballot.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-campaign-walks-back-his-supposed-support-of-florida-abortion-measure/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Look, I'll make it really simple for you because you've spent the last couple of days skirting around a lot of bollocks talk with your posting here.

Would you rather have yourself cut in half from the waist down or your toe cut off? And to clarify, having your toe cut off is choosing Harris.

Because, put simply, that's the analogy you need to think on.

In American politics, if often comes down to the least worst option because that's inherent in their two party system, and in this particular race Harris and the Democrats are BY FAR the least worst option and no amount of if, buts and maybes are going to change that.

To the American voter, I would say what is the least amount of damage you can do with your vote given the options that are on the table.

As far as I'm concerned there are no optimal choices in the US political landscape. However, with the options that are on the table, it's ABUNDANTLY clear that Kamala Harris and the Democratic Party are the least damaging option when the opposite side of the table is occupied by Donald Trump and his MAGA version of the Republican Party.

I'll be perfectly honest here, I don't particularly like Kamala Harris, I find her kinda abrasive, and I'm also not that much of a fan of the Democratic Party either who I find are too much wedded to big business (largely due to the trappings of how US politics works). However, in a two horse race, they really are the only game in town.

Because the alternative is much, much, worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,660 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

He's pro abortion/choice I'd imagine.

A no no in tribalistic American politics. You must never stray into the other camp...

• Advertisement

He’s taken just about every position on the subject, the ultimate flip flopper. Everything from there “has to be a punishment” for a woman, for getting an abortion, to being pro abortion, to 6 weeks, to over 6 weeks, to “proudly” taking responsibility for ending Roe, to denying any responsibility for ending Roe, and on and on and on.

As the 2022 midterms especially showed, women are sick to death of the right both creating this health crisis for them and for the deliberate creation of chaos and uncertainty on what is happening and what will happen with the laws being written to govern their bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Harris is going to get destroyed in the debate with Trump. Her edited interview tonight just proves she's not up to the task, also looks like she has aged 10 years over night.

https://x.com/FrankLuntz/status/1829327636050628923?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

a Twitter dump.

Trump gave incoherent, rambling responses during his debate with Biden, virtually none of his answers even stuck on the topic asked, much less addressed them. That this was overshadowed by Biden’s performance at the debate seems to be giving MAGA much false confidence in their geriatric candidate.

Suggesting that she’s going to get “destroyed” by Hannibal shark battery man seems like wishful thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Anyone criticising that, surely can’t keep a straight face with the absolute car crashes that Trump has been a part of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I couldn't believe someone would actually say that about their own wife, let alone a person running for political office, so I looked it up. Not surprisingly, that's not a quote from him at all. What he actually said:

"I love my wife so much. I love her because she's who she is. Obviously, she's not a white person, and we've been accused, attacked by some white supremacists over that. But I just, I love Usha. She's such a good mom."

https://thehill.com/video/jd-vance-acknowledges-white-supremacist-attacks-against-wife-usha/9907414/

so he actually said “obviously she’s not a white person… but I just, I love Usha”

That’s not drastically different is it

I find it revealing the reason he gives again, relates to his obsession with child rearing. He barely addresses the white supremacy stuff, like he’s afraid to turn off those voters from him.

Trump seemingly reveals that he’s being led around by handlers and has limited control or knowledge of his schedule:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-tulsi-gabbard-town-hall-wisconsin-b2604210.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Signs of old age. Trump in apparent surprise told the crowd he thought he would be giving a prepared speech, until he got told differently by his handlers and learned he was at an event hosted by Tulsi Gabbard.

“I figured I was going to come here and we’re going to make a speech. I have a speech all set for you. I was ready. [And they said, you’re] doing a town hall. I said, ‘Oh, nobody told me that.’ I said, ‘Who’s doing this? Tulsi?’ I said, ‘Well, that’s at least good news.’

Post edited by Overheal at

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭advisemerite

Kamala Harris has stated she doesn't regret backing Biden to remain on as President. That alone shows her judgement needs to be examined.

Trump reacts to her Joint interview as boring and he is right. All Presidential hopefuls have done Joint interviews but the difference is they had already done single/lone interviews by themselves, Harris hasn't. It's almost like she's scared to 😉.

Roll on the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭advisemerite

Harris appeared to blame Trump for problems created in the last decade lol. Trump was President for four Years. Biden/Obama were also Presidents for a portion of the last decade. This Woman makes no sense whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone who said they did would be lambasted for stabbing him in the back. It's a question you can't give a right answer too, no matter what she said, someone would say it paints her poorly. Her answer is in line with the type of president she has been selling. She also has to work with Joe for another 6 months no matter what way the election goes.

Whether it's the right answer or not, I'd have thought poorly of her if she said she did regret it. It also gave her a really strong, albeit unexpected position for running.

I still think she would be the stronger candidate even if she had started earlier but it would have been tough to deal with the Trump campaign as an observer if it happened earlier, although I would say, I imagine the Republicans would have been in a stronger position to chuck him for someone else.

Advertisement