Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Case Review of Sophie Tuscan du Plantier murder to proceed. **Threadbans in OP**

1258259260261262264»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭tinytobe

That's probably the reason why. Still, it's odd, or something unique in Irish law. However I am a bit suprised that in stead of a judge a police officer can pass a sentence. I would still have thought it would have to be a written statement

taken by the police that the suspect confesses and presented in front of a judge to pass the final sentence. Judge, jury and executioner in one is a bit strange for a European country.

I don't know if there is anything interesting and new which we haven't explored or discussed by now.

I am a bit careful about books or films. They are written or made by people who want to make money but don't admit to wanting to make money and pretending to care for Sophie's family kind of talk….

Somebody overheard something Bolger said, somebody seen Wolney talking to someobody, somebody allegedly made a pass at Sophie in the pub, no proof anywhere. And that apart from expensive French bottles of wine or men with unshaven faces and dark coats loitering in dark alleys…… And then there are still the secret phone calls of Bailey to Sophie's office getting her interested in his poetry. Bailey behaving strangely, Bailey howling at the moon at night, Bailey taking walks at night….. Neighbours arguing over property and open gates, and grazing animals.

As far as I know there are no new revelations in the case. A cavity block examined for DNA once again, nothing on that one, a trip to France and a questioning of one of Daniel's friends, but nothing new as well. This friend probably denied everything and the police had nothing on him other than some odd connection to Sophie, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭chooseusername

What we do know is that the Hellens really disliked Alfie.

Do we know how the Hellens and Bolgers got on?

As I see it you had Alfie and the Bolgers on one side and Sophie and the Hellens on the other side.

Leo was looking to buy land from Sophie and Sophie was allowing Finbarr to use her land for his horses, but maybe the land he was using was the commonage Finbarr shared with Sophie. That could have caused bad feelings. The Bolgers were in the process of selling up their place in Dunmanus East up near Hellens and moving to larger premises down near Schull.

"Was that picture of Leo?"

I don't know, but @bjsc posted it to show the rubbish bags taken from Shirley's car, and later commented on it when @MonkieSocks put it up again. It appears she has the same files as yourself.

Post5489;

Post 5625

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Post 5625 above was a respose to my post below Post 5622 below

Where Shirley stoped the car ( white peugeot )

Bags at the side of the road........note man walking in field...

Car Again ( white peugeot ) Man in cap talking to Garda

Man in cap on the right side of what looks some reporters

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭jesuisjuste

Just wanted to mention that the back door is beyond the back gate of the house with respect to this route. Leo would have been able to walk past Sophie’s without interfering with the scene in any way, unless he moved passed Sophie’s gate itself. I would think that that gardai had identified nothing of note on that outside of the house, and didn’t keep it cordoned off.

Having said that I’m assuming they did keep the bloodstained back door cordoned off, probably at the gate I would think, but perhaps that’s giving them too much credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭PolicemanFox

No, you misunderstand. If the defendant pleads guilty it is all over in one sitting and it then goes for sentencing. That is all presided over by a judge and the judge decides the sentence. Yes I guess it still counts as a "trial" but the evidence is not presented because there is no need. That's what happened at the Macarthur trial. His counsel did a deal with the DPP. He had killed two people but the second charge of murder of Donal Dunne was dropped if he pleaded guilty to the murder of Bridie Gargan. This avoided a massive media circus but Dunne's family were rightly incensed by this.

• Advertisement

I think this was all a part of the “salacious” side of the reporting, champagne and exotic lovers etc. Given what we know now, it is really just trash reporting, and Bailey was happy to do it too, along with the others. People nearby were obviously happy to spread rumours too, probably including those closest to her in Ireland, which goes to show that she really didn’t have many friends here. Not many to stand up for her at least. The barman is one person who really seem to care very much about her and what happened, and the priest, I’m sure there were plenty more who didn’t talk to the press, but it never really came across that way from many of the others that did, neighbours, employees or many of the other people in the area.

David Dukelow (heating guy), John Scully (electrician)

I think I may have heard of the electrician maybe, but that’s the first time I’m seeing the heating guys name, which is pretty wild to me at least. Did these people ever give statements to the Gardai?

Amazing, that in all this time, I hadn’t seen these guys mentioned (I expect they have been though, prob many times) and I’ve had much more than a passing interest in this case, and they are certainly more important than most names in the story. Im sure perhaps they hadn’t even met Sophie, but they had seen inside the house, prob left fingerprints etc. How many more like them are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭PolicemanFox

Photo 3 is Superintendant J P Twomey talking to possibly Martin Malone, Taken sometime 2:30-4:30pm 23rd

Photo 4 was taken after 4pm by Dan Linehan from left, Unknown photographer (possibly Mike Browne), Ian Bailey in 3/4 length mauve jacket. Eddie Cassidy, J P Twomey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭chooseusername

“Leo would have been able to walk past Sophie’s without interfering with the scene in any way, unless he moved passed Sophie’s gate itself.”

He would have had to go through the gate at the back of Sophie’s house to reach Alfie’s shed and field where the horses were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭champchamp

Surely this is significant given the detailed description the article has about the other items on the table?

• Advertisement
Advertisement