Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭reclose

I don’t think Yvonne is a trump supporter though? Or did I miss something?

I find some of the pro Harris posters posting style and comments very irritating at times and find myself trying to counter the narrative because of that.

If I lived in the US there’s not a chance I’d vote for Trump btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭Shoog

That fairly much is the same thing. He didn't actually condemn the white supremisists in defending his wife. He's a complete bag of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

She answered questions, didn’t attack the host, didn’t ramble on about nothing. Cant say that about Trumps interviews.

Cant wait for the debate either. A former AG against a convicted felon and rapist, lamb to the slaughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I haven't watched it yet, but I heard it was "normal", "boring", "nothing much to write home about".

How nice is that?!

Seems the campaign to make politics boring again is gaining steam. Choo choo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

She wants to get tougher on migration along the southern border, vows to continue supporting Israel including weaponry delivery and says she wouldn't mind appointing a Republican to her cabinet.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes down with the American do gooders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭crusd

Am. A desire for a demographic is included in the democratic process is not identity politics. Its a desire to make politics representative of the broader population. Viewing everything through the prism of identity is.

Has @sonofenoch returned to admit they knowingly spread lies and misinformation?

The talking points have been circulated and ye are sticking to them regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,851 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

did not see the interview. Was there much talk of batteries, sharks, windmills or the late, great Hannibal Lector ?

• Advertisement

Mentions of Trump below, but you have been given your talking points and a proceeding with the strategy that if you lie often enough and blatantly enough some people will believe it

Well, let’s start with the fact that when Joe Biden and I came in office during the height of a pandemic, we saw over 10 million jobs were lost. People — I mean, literally we are all tracking the numbers. Hundreds of people a day were dying because of COVID. The economy had crashed.

In large part, all of that because of mismanagement by Donald Trump of that crisis. When we came in, our highest priority was to do what we could to rescue America. And today, we know that we have inflation at under 3%.

Well, first of all, we had to recover as an economy, and we have done that. I’m very proud of the work that we have done that has brought inflation down to less than 3%, the work that we have done to cap the cost of insulin at $35 a month for seniors. Donald Trump said he was gonna do a number of things, including allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices. Never happened. We did it.

But I will say this: That Joe Biden and I and our administration worked with members of the United States Congress on an immigration issue that is very significant to the American people and to our security, which is the border. And through bipartisan work, including some of the most conservative members of the United States Congress, a bill was crafted which we supported, which I support.

And Donald Trump got word of this bill that would’ve — that contributed to securing our border. And because he believes that it would not have helped him politically, he told his folks in Congress, “Don’t put it forward.” He killed the bill: a border security bill that would’ve put 1,500 more agents on the border. And let me tell you something. The Border Patrol endorsed the bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,294 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Exactly.

Plus, she's seen the lessons learned by others, like Hillary, who gave Trump too much respect.

And I don't mean she needs to mock him, which would be an easy mark, she just needs to be the most intelligent and most informed one in the room. And she needs to be ready with the 'no/wrong/that is not true' and stomp all over his nonsense at every turn.

I see Harris is now ahead in 6 of 7 swing states, and level pegging in the 7th, Arizona.

She's gonna win this thing with 320 ECVs, and Real Donald Trump here should really begin stocking up on Kleenex, for his inevitable pathetic cry ****.

As for Actual Donald Trump, he's going to start taking more hits than the battleship Bismarck. He's going to prison folks.

I saw an interview with an ex-Trump advisor yesterday. He predicted that Trumps share of the vote would hold steady till around October and then seriously tank as that is the point where most people come off the fence and actually decide based on what they have seen so far. He predicted a massive landslide to Harris, far bigger than Bidens win against Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,548 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Remember when politicians crossed the divide??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Transcript: https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/29/politics/harris-walz-interview-read-transcript/index.html

The tactic all over the place is clear.

Harris is not perfect either therefore its justifiable to vote for Trump / not vote

You see it elsewhere too:

Ukraine is not perfect therefore you cant criticise Russia.

Climate science can not answer every single question in detail therefore equal credence must be given to grifting charlatans

etc etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

In spite of conspiracy theories by posters, that interview went entirely normally and she didn't use it to spend her time insulting the interviewer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,386 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Harris appeared to blame Trump for problems created in the last decade lol.

Which "problems"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Field east

Also , he is so decisive on a national and international scale; his clear support for Putin, his cosy relationship with the NK. Premier ; his take on ‘World Order’ is dangerous re threatening NATO, pulling out of international environmental efforts ; climate denier, etc. He is a VERY DESTABLISING individual at ALL levels both at home and abroad

. And to sum it all up we cannot believe a thing that he says.

Neither is STORMING the CAPITAL to force Mike Pence to stop the vote re confirming Biden as president, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, very democratic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,851 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

that's all they have to do, just act normal. That will be enough to win. I believe the vast majority of americans want normality. Trump is just looking like a deteriorating circus act. Leave him at it and just act normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

You left out my favourite mention of Trump:

BASH: Speaking of Republicans, I want to ask you about your opponent, Donald Trump. I was a little bit surprised, people might be surprised to hear that you have never interacted with him, met him face to face. That’s gonna change soon, but what I want to ask you about is what he said last month. He suggested that you happened to turn Black recently for political purposes, questioning a core part of your identity.

HARRIS: Yeah.

BASH: Any—

HARRIS: Same old, tired playbook. Next question, please. (LAUGH)

BASH: That’s it?

HARRIS: That’s it.

Treat him like an irrelevance. It'll make him insanely mad(der)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,809 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Unfortunately it will come down to about 150 million Americans.

There is no way the vast majority of them want normality if they did the artificially tanned one wouldn't be on the ticket.

Hardly? You mean she didn't continuously call the interviewer a nasty person and eventually have to carted off by her handlers?

That is just normal though, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,829 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

When Trump is given soft ball interviews the usual suspects complain (rightly). Yet when Harris gets a soft ball interview they pretend that's just normal and endorse it.

Ye but what is important here is when Trump gets a soft ball interview - he still fluffs it.

Talking points have jumped from it was a disaster to it was a softball interview. Ye are all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 23,829 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement

if I was an American with a vote, given what we are presented with and the knowledge we have of both of the main candidates , the question I would be asking myself before voting is “ which of them would I prefer to buy a secondhand car from” . And “which of them would I let my daughter visit for a weekend , no, say for even a half day”. And “which of them would I prefer be sent to represent my country to an international meeting with a backup team of professionals who will be listened to - be it on trade, peace initiatives, etc.” And “ which of them is more than likely to make serious efforts to address the deviceness that exists”

Anyone genuinely interested in asking more questions to add to the above please post them

I am not bullying anyone to vote one way or the other. You can make your own mind up.

Advertisement