Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Beautiful morning in Galway.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,137 ✭✭✭pauldry

6c difference between Mayo and Sligo.

One again Sligo is the coldest place on the island. Has happened way more this year than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Needmoretea

There was a definite chill when I surfaced this morning in Dublin, and it was still dark but starting to get bright. But its sunny! and calm! This is the summer I have been waiting for 😁

Its amazing how the temperatures can vary accross the country, especially among neighbouring counties. I hope everyone gets to enjoy some warmth today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Already nearly doubled in temperature in two hours. 15c, perfectly clear skies. I have a feeling t will feel very warm come mid afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭kingshankly

stunning morning in the north east no wind or rain just blue skies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

It's just seeing a totally blue sky without any clouds that is good for the soul…could turn out to be one of the best days of the year..although it is a low bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭acequion

Beautiful, if still somewhat chilly morning here in Tralee. Blue skies, birdsong and perfectly calm. Food for the soul and how life should be lived in summer.

We need this and we need more than just a day or two. Fingers crossed this entire windswept island gets a decent break.🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Thunder87

Yep, dare we say it's actually "sunny" in Dublin (not partly cloudy with sunny spells) and equally importantly it's also calm. Very few, if any, times this year we've been able to report that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,210 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Beautiful morning in Galway. Great sunshine.

When you see a morning like this, you realize how bad the weather has been over the last few weeks/months.

Heavenly. Found a nice sheltered spot to soak up the rays for half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It's looking increasingly likely that Dublin Airport will have a sunnier than average August 😱

That will break the six-month long streak of cloudier than average months. I'm not surprised, I expected July or August to do it as even an average July/August is very dull (especially July), so marginally above average doesn't really mean much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

gone very cloudy here the last 30 mins. You couldn’t make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭highdef

Was a pleasant cool, clear and calm morning in Trim, Meath. The afternoon is turning into a fairly pleasant one too. Cloud has bubbled up so it's in between partly cloudy and mostly cloudy and with the light wind, it feels very pleasant in the sun, especially as this sort of weather has been such a rarity so it's easy to feel the warmth. In the shade (where the temperature is measured), it's mild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭compsys

Dublin Airport will end up warmer, sunnier and drier than average so. Which just proves that it's actually been an OK month in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭fits

just went for a swim in the river barrow. It’s not that warm! Maybe later in afternoon would be better. Also a bit cloudier here. The clear blue sky was lovely while it lasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,124 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Beautiful in Dublin today and fingers crossed for our family celebration tomorrow.

Maybe we won't need the Child of Prague after all or the Scottish sausage ?!

Be a first if the forecast was actually 100% accurate though so we might go with insurance ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,387 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Roasting in Dingle now . Was out surfing in Brandon Bay earlier was just beautiful. Have gotten very lucky with the weather here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭fits

Unbroken sun in Dublin. Very pleasant! The first (almost) cloudless day since May I think. August has been generally grand but June and July were so rubbish that the bar was low. This nice weather lifts ones spirits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

September 1991?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,124 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Thunder87

Only reached 19C but easily the best day all summer in Dublin today. It took until the 30th of August but finally a calm sunny day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Smashing day around Tralee, blue skies all day, got up to 20.3C at home and currently 12.8C with the look of fog forming at dusk.

Pic early evening .

Incredible night at Croke Park...the beautiful weather just made it so much better....what a belter of a day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,137 ✭✭✭pauldry

I agree with this. Even though it was cloudy until 11amand then again at 8pm today was one of the best days of the YEAR and there's many more to come in September. Sumtemer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭acequion

Welcome to the kingdom TM. You really did get lucky! Enjoy it and hope it lasts.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Today was the 2nd best day of the year here in carrick as Thursday also delivered sun yes sun 🌞 the heat may not have arrived during the leaving cert but maybe with kids going back to school we may finally have a nice settled few days , I just want the sun at this stage rather than heat , this summer so far has totally effected my mental health , fingers crossed 🤞 we get a few settled days in September

Another cracking morning so far in Dublin…and like yesterday not a puff of wind. Great when it's like this

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Unfortunately MT is the only one now to show a dry settled week. The UK Met office now going with Met eireann for spells of thundery rain. The high pressure just keeps getting pushed back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭pad199207

Stunning Morning in N Kildare

Advertisement