Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new Honda CRV phev

• 29-08-2024 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone on here own or have any experience of the new model Honda CRV?

We are currently car shopping and took one for a drive. It is packed full of kit and was very comfortable.

It is no looker and definitely does not feel premium inside but at the same time there is very little to fault. 70k is the list price these days..

Have been offered an excellent price to trade in for one so just wondering if anyone on here has one and how it has been?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,284 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

At 70k I cannot imagine they have sold many of these here. Even with today's inflated prices, 70k seems wacky money for a CRV imo. I think it's closest rival would be a Rav4 and a similar top spec Rav4 PHEV GR Sport comes in at under 60k. Hard to see what the CRV does better for 10k more and imo you would really want to be a hardcore Honda fan to spend 70k on one.

I also be concerned about Honda's future in Ireland if not Europe, there cars are gone very expensive here and while they are never been big volume sellers, their sales have dropped off a cliff in recent times. They also seem to have little interest in the Irish market with their pricing structure and lack of marketing presence. Them and Mazda may end up like Mitsubishi in Europe.

Post edited by bazz26 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭carsfan2

the dealer actually said Honda are not great to deal with..

The car drives nicely. It is packed to the gills with equipment but lacks a premium feel for the money.
    We are being offered an excellent trade in value for our own car which is obviously inflated by a discount on the car so they aren’t selling at the 70k price.

I watched nobbys review which was overall positive except for the price.

While there I noticed a Honda civic is now a 50k car!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭freddieot

Packed to the gills is relative. Look at kia, hyundai, skoda, toyota etc for the same cost... I've always seen Honda as an over priced brand for what you get..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭MarkN

I did like it, felt well built but yeah, the price was a tough one. Hyundai Santa Fe probably worth a look if you're in that ball park and can get over the rear looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭beachhead

Honda are a reliable car.Diesel my preferred.A rip off at 50k though.May have lost interest in Ireland since Swindon assembly closed down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭freddieot

Agreed, or Kia Sorento, Skoda Kodiaq. All these are far better value than the Honda IMO and might leave you with nice change out of 70k. There's a reason you hardly ever see a newer CRV around these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭MarkN

Kodiaq PHEV doesn’t have the extra seats though but I think OP said elsewhere that’s not really needed anymore. Sorento has just been face lifted, always liked the current model. Unless there’s a bargain EV9 out there somewhere as a demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭joe1303l

New 5008 due shortly, could be a winner in this segment if priced competitively here. Full Electric E-5008 73kWh now available to order in UK @£48.5K starting.

Advertisement