Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LSL to charge for the App

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Online mart viewing and bidding platform LSL Auctions has confirmed to Agriland that there will be no charge for existing customers of each mart to view or bid on the online platform for the specific mart or marts where they are an existing customer.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/lsl-auctions-no-charge-for-mart-specific-farmer-customers/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭emaherx

I almost feel sorry for them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Naillers

So now the marts have to supply login details to their customers.... Before 01/September ...LSL Should now delay plans for 01/September take a step back to figure out a way out of this mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭kk.man

It was going to happen once one of the others confirmed they would not charge. Don't worry the seed has been set they will all take more from the marts which will be passed to the buyer and seller whether on line or not. Great little ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭flyer_query

Thats a bit harsh (and the Ireland bashing a bit daft, do you think private companies in other countries give away their services for free?). There are plenty of lads watching marts to pass the time of no benefit to either the mart or LSL. They are getting a free service of both the marts who pay LSL and LSL themselves having to provide the infrastructure. Let them pay a service fee similar like they would have to for a service like sky tv or the farmers journal.

I think its a good compromise.

This country is expensive for almost everything and now you agree we should pay another direct debit. The on line thing has been the biggest game changer in the marts since the auction system was introduced in the 50s. I am a shareholder in a co op mart and I have not got a single cent in dividends let them suck it up. Did you see the wages on those annual accounts it's a cosy cartel for the few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭flyer_query

My reading of the compromise (post backlash) is that there will be no charge for your mart, only a charge for marts you are not a member of. I might be reading it wrong.

If I am understanding correctly then it seems like a reasonable approach, as I said in my post no reason why non members of a mart should be getting a free ride of members who are paying for the LSL.

It's a constant reverse from LSL it wasn't what they were proposing when they announced the charge imo. They got stranded on an island when the others didn't follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Great analogy of being on stranded. They are stuck in a right bind. They have now changed twice. Whether this will be enough to get it over the line, personally I don't think so. Their reputation is falling hugely with each change of stance. If this current change doesn't get traction, they are just going to have to let the status quo remain as is. The damage to their reputation has been huge. 3 major changes in stance over 10 days each having a huge impact on revenue and reputation. That says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

I heard 1 of the bigger marts went to them on Monday and told them to pull the idea of charging bidders or they were moving this weekend. So this latest proposal is a panic option. Can't see how it's going to work either..

It is probably the better of the 3 apps and could have set itself up to take over from the two others but can't see that happening now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭leoch

the leaches id love to see them going to the wall now over it …another crowd leaching of the farmers backs as if there wasnt enough of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭White Clover

They are the only ones that don't display the €/kg price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Robson99

True ...but are they the only ones where you can look back at historic sales ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fulldnod

I'd say they all will go down the road of ads before u view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭893bet

It’s basically back to free.

All one would need to do is apply to the mart for the right to “bid” and then that makes you a “customer” of the mart.

At least one mart has had enough of LSL, I guess MartEye are only too willing to take advantage, I wonder will there be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 captain hadley

I see kanturk are gone to marteye from today .I wonder will some of the big marts down here jump ship aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Looks to me like you have to have bought or sold animals at a mart to be able to watch that mart for free, being registered to bid isn’t enough.

Don't know about your area but according to the MartEye Facebook feed about 5 new marts have been announced so far. They've certainly had a good week for new business.

• Advertisement

Once the ship is started to turn it will move quick. I can see more moving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

I wont be paying, people throw in their scrap into these auctions and I just go in person and bid when there.

Is it just greed here on their part as been bidding online and most times theres no sound or some other mess up, it's just not reliable or honest

Is there no competition to the all platform that marts and others could move to

I suppose if Marts and customers dont pay it and go back to how it use to be then they think twice about it

There are 3 platforms in competition at the moment but marts seem to only ever be on one. (I imagine the fees would be too high for multiple and/or subject to contracts)

I suppose most marts dont want to change once system up and running but the unreliability of it online did put me off and I was paying nothing. I know few marts complaining that's its shite and if there was a good cheaper alternative they'd go for it

There probably tech guys on here that do a better job for less and we would support them

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Murang

kanturk is after moving to marteye from LSLAuctions is any other mart after moving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

Have spoken to a couple of managers that haven't moved yet, don't want to move this near the busy season. Next summer may tell the true story.

I'm told there's pressure on the system with the amount of non active farmers viewing, with retired lads using it for social reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭ABlur

Clare Marts moving to Marteye too, time to cancel my LSL account😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

just got a text.

LSL have themselves shot in the foot.

Thats a big one to move.

Has anyone a breakdown of the rough %ol of marts with each platform

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭893bet

what a **** up by LSL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭QA1

greed is bad for you how many old fellas watch it if only 100 people per county paid x €50 is €130k lsl fucked up big time got too big for there boots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭cute geoge

If lsl is not supported it will fold ,I think the oap are well able to fund 5 euro /month. Isl is easy to use ,I found marteye a balls to log into and now all marts in kerry are lsl,which offer a good service. To fuking watch a match is 10 euro a game on clubber/gaago,its not fair on marts⁸ to be coughing up for free view for ole coggers sitting at home

Ole coggers. Lovely post. Great respect for people that probably worked their ass off to rear people like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Like my accountant described a share of his oap clients ,still holding onto the land,drawing the oap,shares in kerry co op worth millions in the drawer,a super ser in the corner warming the house and expecting everything for nothing!!!

That's the reality behind a share of the moaners about parting with a lousy fiver a month for an excellent service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Silverdream

I think you are on a different topic here. You might be correct the OAP in Ireland have a lot of wealth, indeed there has been a large shift in wealth from the young to the old over this generation, but it's not connected to paying for a streaming service which should be free when you consider you can stream live content on platforms like youtube or twitch for free.

The other thing to remember is the O in OAP. These are Old people, I know I rather youth to wealth, and you can't bring the money to the grave.

You are now comparing you tube channel to live internet bidding stream which needs engineers on call to service any breakdown or would you prefer cattle left standing bawling waiting for auction ,it is a A1 top drawer service by LSL and it would be a big loss over ole lads bickering about parting with less then the price of a pint every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

It's live streamed in the some of the nursing homes, as it stimulates conversation and get the brain going, old people aren't just flowers to be watered and put in the window. Most marts were built by people's hard earned cash.

Lsl's problem was probably got too popular for revenue stream, they were originally only getting paid on animals bought through the app, then moving to a mart subscription.

Getting suitably qualified AI lads probably expensive now and glitchs probably showing up with more traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Bear in mind I haven't been at a mart in years and years but In my mind this is a cost of doing business that shoild be bourne by the Mart same as any other overhead. Ultimately it's the business that is benefiting having more eyes on the stock. Whether they are auld lads in a home or active farmers. If I owned a shop I would not be saying only real shoppers can come in and browsers can feck off. They don't charge lads to go into the Mart just to look, so why agree to a charge for just viewing online.

If they want to sell online they should incorporate into their fees. What could it be, a euro per animal on the sellers fee. Most auctions these days have a buyers fee aswell so split the cost between buyers and seller for the convenience. Or maybe an additional buyers fee if the animal is bought online.

Let the software provider, LSL in this case do it's deal with the Mart and let the Mart do its deal with LSL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭QA1

lsl just saw all these hits watching and see and opportunity to cash in I don’t believe for 1 minute that they need more money to run there business they managed just fine with a few marts and now they are trying hard in the property space

marts are a cash cow at the moment if running a tight ship just go to shareholders meeting and see

Shareholders don't get any dividends. The only people who benefit from the marts are the management and the dealer's with their allocated times to enter their cattle. This is going to be a hornets nest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭alps

I find that a post full of misery and spite. Who knows what financial position a company or maybe the individual is in? These platforms put on an incredible service immediately when required and saved our livestock asses when covid could have destroyed us and reformed our trade. Why the spite towards success?

They made a really bad call with this tactic and they could pay the ultimate price for such bad judgement, but maybe they took the view that the time was **** ir bust for them.

to me they sound like a clueless bunch . what company would introduce such a sub without firstly consulting with their clients (mainly the marts) they then back tracked and changed proposed subs 3 times in 48 hours when met with opposition they are now grasping at straws and the ship is sinking fast.

I don't know what payment system is in place but to lose the likes of clare marts coming up the busiest time of the year, with 3 or 4 sales a week in ennis alone with 3 rings going some days, and then their couple of branches with weekly or fortnightly sales is unforgivable.

your a/c and yourself seem well matched, btw I really don't think your username is appropriate to your postings, imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I reckon he's involved with lsl, as they are wonderful

Spit it out man ,I taught marteye was poor compared to lsl anytime I tried logging infact I just gave up on them ,it is when 3 sales ring on the go together and it goes down that will be the test of marteye. I have lsl sort out technacial issues fairly promptly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Who2

Theres a few marts I go to and follow that use mart eye and I have seen no issues or problems with them.

I could not even turn on a computer up to a few months ago ,I just don't see the big deal about having to pay a small subscription to use a service ,if ole codgers wont pay they can watch home and away instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

The main purpose of the app is to allow online bidding. Much like the mart doesn't charge an entry fee to view the sale they shouldn't charge to view the stream of the sale or would you suggest an entry fee to view a sale live.

Advertisement