Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis Reunion. Its finally happening😱

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

€391 for 2 nights in London (which I’ll pay half of) and flight was €85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭jj880

Pop up campsites in back gardens for £400 for UK gigs. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭JVince

Ticketmaster have absolutely no input into pricing.

They get the booking fee.

The gouging is by two Manchester boys taking the piss and making millions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

100% this. They signed off on dynamic pricing and the pricing scale.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's on the T&C of the tickets when you buy them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,753 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

pricing is due to all entities involved, i.e. artists, promoters, tm, management, venue owners etc etc etc, its no one entity, but clearly tm are the facilitators, and are operating the actual operation of pricing, but with the agreement of all…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Was never a fan of Oasis and wouldn't even want to go to the gigs, but it seems the main ones celebrating the reunion this week were not the fans but Ticketmaster and the hotels across the UK and Ireland - an opportunity to fleece everyone to the max (a 'captive audience' and all that).

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GHendrix

I gave up earlier on around 10am. Should I rejoin and just wait? Are people still getting tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,030 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Stayed in the Sunday queue and eventually got a chance of getting tickets in the nosebleeds in the Cusack for €315 (plus booking fee) per ticket.

Passed on it. Not paying that much for one band.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

Brutal experience but came out the other end with a Murrayfield ticket so I am delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

what’s the average people are paying for tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭nc6000

I've tried to rejoin but have been in a queue to enter the site for about an hour now.

no harm in rejoining, but it seems like dynamic pricing has been implemented, so its very unlikely you ll get appropriately priced tickets, so if you re willing to pay hyper inflated prices, rock on, if not, hold off until maybe next year, where you might get such a cheaper ticket, might….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,241 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I get people are annoyed, I didn't get tickets either, and I KNOW I'll be in the minority here but.......

Dynamic pricing is a superior model to the one we had before: touts buying all the tickets for face value and selling on for extortionate prices.

For years, touts have taken advantage of the fact that the real market value of a ticket is not necessarily what the face value is at sale. They snap them up and resell them for more because that's what people are willing to pay.

If it wasn't for dynamic pricing, I dare say there would be fewer actual tickets sold to people who will eventually attend. Most tickets would be in the hands of the scumbags, who would sell on to punters who have no choice but to pay whatever the scalper wants if they really want.

Today, hours after they went on sale, there were still €415 tickets left from the source. I baulked at the price as did many others.

They're sold now, and the proceeds will go to the band, the organisers and the ones putting the work in, where it should go. And none into the hands of scalpers.

..so rather than touts hyper inflating prices, we now have tm doing it, sounds like a great deal for fans!

…fans need to sit tight now, they might get lucky next year in regards tickets…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Titanium11

I'll need a heart operation after this morning on ticketmaster 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,883 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just got in for Sunday and there isn’t even in demand tickets left. The pricing for them makes me even more chuffed that I got standing for Murrayfield in the presale. £151 each is acceptable given today’s mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Well, alls well that ends well. Can only imagine the extra dates will be every bit as bad as these were to get tickets for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Checking Sunday now and all appear to be sold out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Fanirish

pricing is a three way conversation. Promoter does up a budget including including artist guarantee, and suggests pricing rates across all ticket types that will ensure profits to cover the budgeted costs. Promoter will send over a venue map and highlight proposed pricing structure and quantities. Agent reviews, makes price and qty changes and then show budget is updated. Promoter inputs the agreed pricing structure and quantities into ticketmaster and it’s ready for going on sale. Now in case of oasis promoter and ticketmaster are both owned by same parent company.
    both promoter and ticketmaster get set % on show revenue. So yes it’s in their interest for dynamic/vip etc but not that impactful to bottom line.
    Dynamic pricing here isn’t actually dynamic as it’s not constantly changing its more so static prices for certain quantities remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bulmers

yep,it’s a pure money grab,which to be fair I get too as like anything,if there’s a market.

Just hope someone calls them out face to face on it..Liam always kept his ticket prices reasonable for his fans and made point of it. I get there are 2 cheques here too.

They’ll get their pay day but will lose respect ..cash is king

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Titanium11

There definitely should be a better way to buy tickets.

What would be a better way I don't know.

But surely they could start to look at other ways of selling tickets, other than this total failure of a system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭watchclocker

I don't agree with that.

Now face value is €415 for that ticket

If someone genuine wants to pass that ticket on for whatever reason through toutless or the likes it goes for 415

If they resell it through ticketmaster it's probably 470 euro to the end user

The fan is in no way benefiting here

Perhaps, but the TM prices aren't as high as the scalper prices

Plus this way the money goes to the right place.

I'm not sure what the alternative is. Like it or not, if people are willing to pay €400 then that's the value of the ticket

…..and once again, you re trying to apply logic to clear price gouging by the entities that set it, again, this is clear price gouging, to truly benefit those that are benefitted, i.e. by fcuking over the fans!

…and once again, fans need to sit tight, as fair priced tickets may become available in time via tm and other sources, possible next year, just hang tight….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Money grab or not - it's down to what the market will pay and very obviously there's a big enough market will to part with hundreds of euro for various tickets and "experiences" as we have seen time and time again.

It's also likely that for this particular market they could announce another 5-10 similiar sized concerts and manage to sell those out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭lemmno

Well done to the few who managed to score tickets this morning. I’m waiting for new dates to hopefully have another go at it. I’m curious..someone referred to the concert celebrity page as a scam artist a few pages back, wondering why that is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The same standing tickets I bought for €167 in the pre-sale are now 'in demand' standing tickets for €415. Disgusting.

Apologies, it's not letting me reply to posts for some reason

@watchclocker I'm not talking about reselling. However, while we're on the subject, if someone wishes to resell their €145 ticket, they can't just tack 3x or 4x onto it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭ooter

Hopefully you're right but it doesn't seem to be happening for Coldplay and that's 4 nights.

Advertisement