Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis Reunion. Its finally happening😱

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,241 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I know.

It makes no difference to you having sour grapes. You

re annoyed you didn't get tickets. What exactly do you want to have happened? Either 170,000 people got there ahead of you, or yuopu had the chance to pay €415, like I did, and chose not to buy them.

You haven't been done over here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Titanium11

What about people who were in the queue and then got kicked out? That happened to lots of people.

That is not the buyers fault. That is definitely ticketmasters fault.

The technology of the ticketmaster is not fit to cope with hundreds of thousands of people at once. The tech on that site is like something you'd see in 2010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭COH

My mrs logged in 7 hrs ago and is still 15k in the queue 🤣

I agree they shouldn't have a monopoly.

But whether tickets were available from one of 73 vendors, demand would have been the same. It wouldn't have changed anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Appreciate it, however I've been to tonnes of gigs this summer and you'd actually be surprised how many chancers buy these tickets,

I was at Taylor Swift and two women bought tickets for the wheelchair area because you get the companion / carer ticket for free, to cut a long story short they were half cut by the time she came out, annoyed the shite out of everyone and ended up being put into GA standing , tickets are not verified at all anyone can buy them unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭robwen

From the Oasis tweet earlier,

"Tickets appearing on other secondary ticketing sites are either counterfeit or will be cancelled by the promoters."

I hope they carry through with it & if they did would these tickets be resold then legitimately?

Anyway it's a lovely sunny day. I'm going to have a few drinks to get over my ticket anger!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Personally I am going to Heaton Park and am loving the hate coming my way. I would be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Are t they in their 50s? It will probably get them over a few more marriages - they’ll be back in their 70s for more 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭mickey15ie

Did anyone actually get tickets today at face value prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They're just the only game in town and once they had the market, there was no space for anyone to sell tickets.

It's a lot more complicated than that but put simply, ticketmaster is a live nation company, and live nation also own mcd, and also own some venues and have agreements with others. So they're entrenched everywhere. It would be impossible to compete with them.

Want to use 3Arena? Gotta deal with Live Nation. Wanna deal with Live Nation? Gotta use Ticketmaster.

Want to use MCD... See above.

Etc. Etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭techdiver

The "tout being cut out" is effectively meaningless when ticketmaster themselves have taken over the roll. In Demand/surge pricing is essentially touting by another name and should be banned. If that means that every ticket is €200 instead of €150 then that's fine. But prices should be up front and fixed.

It shows that there are still loads of people in the queue, but it says that tickets are sold out.

But if people will pay €415 for a ticket, that's the ticket's value whether you like it or not.

Tickets for the UK dates are being touted for £1k+ on Viagogo right now. THAT'S where touts get you.

At least this way, the punter is paying less than had they gone to a tout and the money goes where it's supposed to go: to the artists and organisers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭squonk

The way the show was priced they were going to make money as was. That should have been enough for them. As is, now published ticket prices are only a guide price it seems. I’d love to see a breakdown of the added value in a dynamically priced ticket. She’s nose if the increase go to TM or shared between TM, Band and Venue etc.

I didn't even get as far as getting the chance to buy tickets for any price. I was just constantly stuck in the queue.

And another thing that annoys me about the queue. They are not clear about the queue. I joined the waiting room at 6.45am

Were the people who joined at 5am , ahead of me in the queue.?

Or were we all allocated totally random places in the queue at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

I’m getting seated tickets at Wembley for the Wednesday at £490 each 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭squonk

Not getting people falling over themselves to excuse Ticketmaster for dynamic pricing and acting as touts in their own right.

No amount of griping was gonna get you tickets in your case.

Also, they were VERY clear about the queue. YOu go to the waiting room and at 8am you get allocated a random spot in the queue. Doesn't get more fair than that.

I also wouldn't call it sour grapes. I think you could have a bit more empathy for people who missed out. People are genuinely upset.

These bands only tour once every so often. It can be a once in a lifetime chance to see them

I was a big coldplay fan. I really wanted to see them. I wasn't able to get coldplay tickets. Coldplay will probably not do a tour again for many years.

Similarly, oasis will probably never do a tour again for many years.

So when you miss out on getting tickets, it's not like "oh great sure I'll just see them next year".

Its your only chance to see them In your life and you didn't get it.

Right there are not enough tickets to please everyone, but I can understand why people are upset today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Does anyone here know much about Heaton Park?

If I was to make a holiday of it and bring the caravan to a site near it then bring some beers and sit outside Heaton Park and listen. Is that possible in that area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,746 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only the Sun saying '2 more croke park dates'

Why are you so aggressive? Of course people are going to be upset today. Why not let them be upset. My friend just called me saying shes upset that she didnt get tickets. I wasnt nasty to her.

How is a random spot in a queue fair exactly? That goes against the meaning of the word "queue"

Scenario A) Touts sweep up all the cheap tickets and sell for 4x -5x the price (As it happening in the UK right now). All excess money goes to touts who will continue to do it for every gig.

Scenario B) Touts are cut out by Ticketmaster and the artists and promoters finding the "true" value of tickets with dynamic pricing. Prices go to 2x - 2.5x the price and excess money goes to the artists and those putting the show on. No money goes to touts

I know which is preferable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭techdiver

In my opinion that is just an excuse for ticketmaster to gouge prices with the "Look over there at what actual tours are charging". It's institutional touting and price gouging whether you like it or not. It's not in the same postcode as a pro consumer move.

The excuses don't wash with me in afraid but you're entitled to your view on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DylanAFC

Wasn’t one of the lucky ones getting tickets today. Couldn’t justify paying the 450 quid for a standing ticket.

One thing I would’ve liked to see is if you had a history of buying Liam/Noel gig tickets maybe 3-5 in the last 5 years would get you a presale code. Surely couldn’t have been that hard to facilitate something like that. Era hopefully some might turn up closer to the date.

No, I don't have empathy. WHy would I? It's only a gig. Who really cares?

I've been an Oasis fan since the age on 10. I've bought each album on release day, I rebought all the vinyls, i'm a fan.

I tried to get tickets this morning and couldn't. By the time I got in, there were only €415 tickets left. i chose not to buy them.

I deserve no sympathy. I made a choice. Ill move on with my life and enjoy a nice weekend. No big deal.

I've been neither nasty nor aggressive. Strange post!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Think this whole experience goes to show that this will be the new norm when it comes to buying tickets at least for these in demand gigs, often joke about these platinum tickets and who would pay those fees, I think we've our answer now, I fail to believe anyone logged on this morning with the intention of spending 1-2k on 2-4 tickets but clearly despite there being a 'cost of living crisis' people seem to have that level of disposable income.

I think they definitley could have made more of an effort to have given fans a genuine chance of getting tickets before the madness today of dynamic pricing, the ballot could be filled out by virtually anyone, why not extend it to people who saw Liam on the DM 30th this year or NGHFB over the years, I've seen both solo everytime they've been here haha and ordered the albums and all that shite,

You can't make an excuse for dynamic pricing, how on earth is it fair that someone who was lucky to get an email has to pay 4x less the price than you for the exact same ticket, not being salty, its just blown me away some of the excuse making for price gouging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭rockterrain

One more date at least to be announced. So I hear.

Advertisement