Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis Reunion. Its finally happening😱

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭riddles

they played it well announcing the reunion and selling tickets in very close step cashing in on the frenzy - preventing the obvious time to reflect on what Oasis were and what we are likely to get 30 years on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭ratracer

There’s definitely, maybe a bit of truth to that alright.
    It’s really only out of the college era nostalgia that I’m going for. Even at €166 standing to hear two of the most annoying w@nker$ on the planet moaning!! But sure it’ll be a grand day out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

I'd be one of the originals. Can't remember last time I listened to Coldplay. They are like a different band now.

Oasis similar. 2 albums in , and utter boring afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Interesting to see that the platinum tickets tab has been removed from the app ,I randomly went onto the app last night and there was a ticket (platinum) ,upper 705 ,near the seagulls ,including the fee was €512 ,needless to say I didn’t take it!!!

Agree. It always seems to the posters who have loads to write that condone Ticketmasters behaviour.

Wouldn't be surprised if they had vested interests tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭riddles

Ticketmaster seems to put at lot of work into maintaining their trustlilot ranking with fake reviews. Not sure why given their monopoly scenario here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,398 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Never go to something bandwagoners want to go to, one of the rules I live by. I saw Liam this year in 3 arena for 80 euro, I bet that was a better gig than what will follow in Croke park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Justin10

5m over 17 shows at say 60k people per show is a fiver per ticket cheaper.

Shows how much that ticket money gets chopped up and how many fingers are in the pie

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Charlo30

Two Brothers who seem to have a clear dislike of each other going on a reunion tour purely for the money. What could possibly go wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

LG is only worth 8 or 9 million. And has recently bought a fancy house for a few million that he has to spend a lot of money on. Plus all those kids and divorces. Needs a few bob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Sunjava

Exactly, the Noel and Liam are the management. The big decisions are theirs...you would think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

saw LG in Thomond park a few weeks ago. Was a brilliant night. Crowd cheering the Spanish goals against England could have went either way.😋DM and WTSMG were the first 2 cds I ever bought. Bought them together in 1996. Would love to see oasis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭Titanium11

We are talking about regulation of businesses.

The very large irish company that I work for gets heavily regulated and audited every year for business practices.

We are checked on the following things:

We must give certain information to customers before they buy a product.

We are not allowed to provide misleading information to customers

We have to declare conflict of interests.

We have to follow many fair standards practices set out by different regulations which protect customers .

That's why I can't understand how ticketmaster are not being regulated. They seem to have a lot of conflicts of interest, which are affecting customers negatively.

There is now a video on the front page of RTE news today where they are calling for ticketmaster to be investigated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,561 ✭✭✭squonk

Id say the truth is there isn’t much Ireland can do. This sort of investigation/regulation needs to be at EU level. You’re “service charge” and marked up prices are also, I’m sure, going towards a lobbying slush fund to deter those in power from taking these kinds of actions. I agree though, it’s no different from the EU forcing Apple for instance to open up the App Store and shift to USB-C. When big companies have the field to themselves the consumer suffers. Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭vswr

it'll be a grand day out for all the parishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,794 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Retired Ticketmaster exec on Anton savage show a few mins ago.
    Very bullish and assertive in supporting ticketmaster

he said Ticketmaster is basically a revenue collection agency that takes its orders from the promoter of the concert

Said the issue with oasis using dynamic pricing is not ticketmaster at all - ticketmaster simply does what the promoter asks - blame them and Oasis basically.

Eff you greedy Gallagher brothers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭ooter

TM weren't the only ones selling Oasis tickets, see tickets and gigs and tours were selling them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭macchoille

I stand corrected on that part but Ticketmaster have now become touts themselves.

My other other point about their IT resources (called scaling in tech speak) also holds. They knew in advance there would be heavy demand. They also knew from the queue size just before they opened of the demand. If they have a modern IT setup they can scale their systems in minutes, it will cost them more but only for the time they need them.

Post edited by macchoille at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭COH

The touts are selling them for 800+ on gigsberg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,724 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Surely it’s the band/promoter who decides on pricing and availability, they have the option of selling the tickets with fixed/dynamic pricing, and obviously the band/promoter earn more if demand pushes up prices if they make the choice to use dynamic pricing.

I think your angst may be misplaced if it’s on cost/availability, certainly Ticketmaster should make it harder for bots to buy tickets, but sites often have to catch up with programmers who design these bots, after the fact.

Noel makes no apologies for all the plagiarism he did over the years -

Cigs and alc - T Rex played a little faster.

shaker maker - “coca cola” ad.

Hello - Gary glitter.

widespread copying of Beatles in many songs

lyrics are often cringe /rhyming nonsense

And he’s a greedy bollix too - while playing large on being “the man of the people”

https://www.culturesonar.com/7-oasis-tracks-that-ripped-off-other-songs/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 slideaway

The reality is the dynamic pricing was probably one of the tempting factors for oasis to get back together. They were likely told this is how much you can make and made the decision based off that. . I get the fury but as others have said that's life, most would do the same.

As many have said all the hits have been played in fields and arenas throughout Ireland for the past 15 years by Liam and or noel for 50-90 euro and we're great gigs but not huge demand, so it's mainly not big fans driving the demand.

Thankfully most people I know that went to those gigs got tickets.

I got presale but if it didn't would have been open to the 400+ tickets. I would likely have gone to a tout but now the risk of buying from a tout is removed which in some way is better for me. I paid 400 for a UK gig.

My only real issue is the way it was advertised and wasn't up front from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭macchoille

I’d well believe it. I’d really love to see Oasis live but no chance would I (or be happy for the other half to) pay €400 a ticket.

I wouldn’t pay 400 for a standing ticket even if it was Elvis himself back from the dead with the Vegas band.

Atmosphere will not be good at these gigs if oasis are not on form - ppl will be jostling and pushing,

add in barrels of lager and spirits, hard drugs,

Sh1t sound quality in croke park.

ppl reflecting on spending a fortune for a standing ticket ffs and getting angrier and angrier as times goes on

Paying a fortune for some kip accommodation and food and drink all jacked up crazy prices for all the mugs

Tldr : If it is a miserable wet rainy night and oasis are below par things could get fairly dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,671 ✭✭✭✭kippy

As I said, I have no issues with them being investigated for advertising practices, providing transparent pricing prior to tickets going on sale and any other thing you think might be of benefit. But ultimately the issue people really have is that there weren't enough tickets on sale to satisfy demand and some of those that were on sale were far too expensive. But it still sold out.

Again, your company are not told how to set its prices, which again, appears to be what a lot of people are looking for here

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭iMac Hunt

I have a feeling that no more Croke Park gigs will be announced but that they might announce Slane for 2026 after Croke Park when the hype and FOMO will be peak, that is assuming they haven't fallen out before then after this tour!

Ticketmaster are still a large part of the problem. No competition.

And the musicians pay their bills, so why would Ticketmaster want to change the system unless forced to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Delete

Advertisement