Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis Reunion. Its finally happening😱

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You're right, I phrased it really poorly. I was trying to say that its quick to stop anything it thinks is a bot.

But of course the false positives seemed way too frequent and it happened to me too at numerous points.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭crl84

They don't. Thats the job of the promoter.

You don't seem to know the first thing about how a gig is put on.

A lot of people in here that don't seem to even be aware of the basics of the live music industry and angry at posters for trying to educate them and absolve them of their ignorance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

There's another aspect to this overlooked and it also relates to the annual Glastonbury ticket scrum. Purchasers/bots with superior internet speeds and devices are always going to have priority over those less fortunate.

If punters want this system to change there has to be a mass consumer strike against it whenever these ticket scrums for far off dates arise. Don't participate. Let Noel play to a full stadium of the Real Housewives of Cheshire types and Ernst and Young accountants and see how he likes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭squonk

It doesn’t matter about the product or the nature of the product. Fair enough there are many milks, there’s only one oasis but quibbling over the nature of the product just distracts from the point which is the expected price is not reflecting the actual price. The fact that the actual price isn’t transparent. You are, as suggested, free to pull out if the queue but if you’re expecting a ticket price of €86-€170 in the queue, you’re then confronted with an inflated price out of the blue in reaching the end of the queue. You’re also under a time limit. So really what you’re buying doesn’t matter. The way you’re forced to buy it is the problem. ,

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CivilCybil

Professional in my 40s here. We were at Coldplay with our kids in their late teens/early 20s.

My two cents, Coldplay spans the two generations. Our kids grew up listening to Coldplay because we listened to Coldplay and as they got older, Coldplay stayed popular and released new music so they continued to listen to them.

They've no real interest in Oasis because, while they grew up listening to them, they haven't released anything new. The younger one would probably have gone but we weren't shelling out for a ticket and neither was he. Older one had zero interest in going.

As for us not going to other gigs, define gigs I guess. We've been to a few concerts this year - as a couple, as a family and we've each gone to at least one concert alone due to ticket availability/music preference. We've also been to comedy gigs, musicals and small festivals. We do tend to avoid gigs that are a nightmare to get to/from (St. Anne's park, I'm looking at you!). We probably wouldn't camp at a festival.

As an aside (not related to quoted post) I don't really like gatekeeping of music or events. We all had to start somewhere. I see a lot of people saying under X age shouldn't be allowed. As long as a person is there for the music, then let them be.

The only time I get a bit "wft?" is when someone or a group are talking or messing through the whole gig and preventing this around them from enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭nc6000

Yeah, and leave another load of people doubly disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,191 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I know it has been asked a few times already but did anyone get or know anyone who got the tickets priced at €86.50?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,740 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

True but maybe Demand might not be as high

Its odd given this is a ££ tour and more dates = more £

Maybe some 'pop artist' has Croke Park booked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,794 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

1 positive out of this is people might now realise Noel and Liam and co are complete and utter gougers and not the “band of the people” they desperately pretend they are.

It’s all hype and bluster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭jazz_jazz

I for one didn't get tickets because I think they're a band of the people. I got tickets because I've always been a big fan of them and their music. And if Slane or somewhere is announced I'll be trying for tickets there too

Sorry no, look up Noel’s interviews - constantly goes on about being the band of the people, working class hero who never forgets his roots - all that bluster that the fans believe in.

Well now the bubble has burst.

So basically you are fine and dandy with “dynamic pricing”?

If given a chance You will pay stupid money for Slane?

Oasis will keep at it as long as there are ppl to fleece and mug off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭murria

Not €86.50, but i did get them for €92.50 plus service charge so €104.05. I entered the ballot and got a code for the presale on Friday. I’m the only person I know in my groups here and in the UK that got a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It's possible to be both working class and have the ego of, well......rock stars. It's not a criminal act to be crucified over.

I'd fancy the odds that the people moaning about the cost never liked the band or the brothers anyway. It's a form of classism in itself, as in how dare they take advantage of their undeniable popularity when they're just not that great in their view.

I never said I'd pay stupid money.

I said I would still try for tickets, however if I ended up being offered the 'in demand' tickets I absolutely would not get them. I am happy to pay the standard price, I am not paying double or triple the price someone else paid a few minutes earlier for the same ticket.

But I'm also not deciding I'm done with the band because they've crushed some dream that they're 'a band of the people'.

Know it's sour grapes a bit but the presale thing was unfair as those with codes had all the 'face value' tickets while the rest of us classed as 'you're not selected **** you' had to battle it out and deal with the 'in demand' prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Fanirish

there is no venues/stadiums to play. A lot will be in use for football and then it’s too cold.
    they aren’t going to play arena shows. It’s stadiums or nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭squonk

I’d reckon most here are fans. It’s possible to be a fan and complain about egregious touting. I was an oasis fan back in their heyday and while I’m a fan they’re not my favourite band in the world. I will say that if my favourite act or band price gouged like Oasis did yesterday I’d be fairly miffed. Rightly or wrongly it would also force me to reevaluate my appreciation of them and their work.

• Advertisement

That's not true though. There were plenty of face value tickets sold in the general sale.

Yeah for the lucky few but huge % only got the 'in demand' tickets to choose

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭oppiuy

It took all day to sell out so there won't be other dates announced here as the cat is outta the bag around pricing. There's no way I would or could shell out 150 for standing let along the amounts quoted yesterday. All the best to those that did and I hope it's a great event but it was one big heist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭jj880

For sure. Everyone knows the craic now. However not much use to those who thought they were getting the same offer as everyone else on Friday morning and got robbed. They should do a chargeback and tell Oasis to stick their dynamic pricing up their hoops. I was an Oasis fan but this kind of gouging will sour a lot of fans. Its really low carry on.

Just because it's been happening for smaller gigs doesn't make it right. Same goes for the "it's legal so its grand" stance. Bizarre reasoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Fanirish

ticketmaster representatives aren’t involved in ticket pricing. They simply run the process for promoter/artist upon the set rates.
    Oasis agent has discussion with MCD, oasis agent sets out the guaranteed fee they want, €5m for example. MCD then draft up a budget with contingencies build in and then present show budget and ticket price possibilities ranges that a) cover costs b) generate different levels of profit. Oasis agent very likely gave indicative ticket prices to mcd to work from I.E we are charging £150 for standing in UK so ireland price needs to be close to that.
    the number of vip, dynamic tickets etc out of the venue capacity are decided by agent.
    with a full breakdown for each ticket category. Agent then signs off on it and mcd submit this info to ticketmaster to upload to their database.
    MCD will get an agreed % of revenue/profits and ticketmaster get service fees based on tickets. After costs are done then oasis get the remainder

The UK ticket prices were released a couple of days before tickets went on sale, the Irish prices were always going to be similar. I knew before trying to get tickets that a standing ticket should be about €170. I don't believe anyone who paid €400 or whatever it was for a standing ticket thought that that was what everyone else had paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭forumdedum

150 is a rip off for standing for any concert in my book. Also, no one should pay more money for the same seat/area on the pitch. In fact the sound can be so much better in cheaper seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭jj880

Should they have waited to find out exactly where they stood or how much more they were paying compared to others? Sitting in a queue for hours then you get an offer and maybe you think you're getting robbed and maybe you dont. You dont know for sure though. Its scalping without the reseller.

Don't get me wrong, I think dynamic pricing is totally wrong, and the price should be the price and that's it.

My point was I knew what the approximate standard price should be, and that is what I was willing to pay. I was never going to pay 'in demand' prices.

• Advertisement

Took all day because nobody could get into the site

Advertisement