Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis Reunion. Its finally happening😱

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kennytheboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭flended12

ahem...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kennytheboy

Also to let ye know there were definitely 4 €86.50 tickets as I was offered them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Poor old Oasis fans are paying for Noels divorce. Sarah Mcdonald you bitch😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭kippy

No one is forced into buying anything. This is the main point.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭tommythecat

But that's not dynamic then. It says the price changes based on demand, not that there are a certain number at X price and then the remainder are at y. So it very much does change during the sale or else it's all a load of tosh.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭TenPicnics

Turns out the gig was from '94 just after DM released. Liam sounded quite polite between songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I don't know if anyone is saying 'its legal so it's grand'....to be clear I am saying if you don't like it, don't engage. Enough people do this, practices change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

On your last line, that certainly wasn't the case on Friday night anyway. There were 2 teenage girls next to us alright, but we made a point of it at the time that there were a lot less people under say 20 years old than we thought there'd be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

What’s it got to do with taking on Ticketmaster? The artist sets the prices and opts into dynamic pricing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,746 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

I am shocked.

Shocked I tell you, that people think concert tickets should be cheap.

Who doesn't want everything to be cheaper.

I'd love to be a top quality car for a price I deem acceptable.

The fact of the matter is, they sold out every single gig, so potentially, you could argue that the tickets were priced perfectly, or even a little cheap.

These arguments have after every big event, where people don't get the tickets they were hoping for.

The only issue I have is with the ticketmaster site. People queuing, and then getting kicked out for no reason is ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

I was one of the lucky ones to get tickets in the presale on Friday night. I actually bought them while walking into Croke Park to see Coldplay. €136.75 each for the Upper Cusack back toward the Davin so a good bit back from the stage. But I'm happy out with it and realise I was one of the very fortunate ones.

I'm just catching up on this thread now and I hadn't realised about the dynamic / platinum tickets or whatever they're calling them. That's very disappointing and I'd hate for that to become the norm. Having one fan standing next to another having paid multiple times the cost of the same ticket is wrong in my opinion. If the band / promotor have a number that they aim to make €x in ticket sales per concert, I'd prefer they increased all tickets by €20 or whatever (even if it would have cost me extra this time) rather than the way it was done. Hopefully there'll be extra dates added, although I wouldn't blame anyone for staying away after how these 2 dates were handled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭jj880

Agreed. If all tickets have to go up a bit for everyone to get a fair shake so be it.

Just because dynamic ticket pricing is within the law or unregulated right now doesnt mean it should stay that way.

Many underhanded advertising and sales tactics have been banned. It happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Catching up with all the posts regarding all the dynamic pricing nonsense and the justifications behind it and the cons of it.

It's as simple as this, Noel has gone on the record saying if ya offer me X amount I'll reform Oasis, he's now got a 20-30m divorce bill to pay and because of that he's reformed the band, he clearly wasn't making enough with HFB to be able to pay that. He's cashed in on the Oasis reunion and will make a fortune, more power to him along with Liam. If anyone of us were offered a load of money to stand next to someone for 90 mins and play some chords we'd all do it in the morning.

People were gonna pay what they needed to pay to see them, do I think the prices are mental? Yes, but its the way the market works, if theres low supply and high demand the markets gonna adjust, does it price the average person? Yep, but in the endless queues and ticketmaster dragging it out they create a now or never scenario where they put you in a panic to buy them, im sure they have a team of people who's sole focus is to design this in such a way for you to buy them and get the dopamine rush.

It's a concert nobody is forcing anyone to go, I've seen so many of the bucketlist acts this year that I wasn't fussed in the slightest at the end of yesterday. Was I disspointed, of course I was, im as big a fan as anyone else, I've seen Noel and Liam 6 times in the last few years, been there done it and would have liked to finally have seen both on the stage.

Only part that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth is who they deem is a loyal fan and who got presale access, is a loyal fan someone who is on a mailing list for a number of years where they were inactive or someone who's seen and supported both their solo work and paid merch, tickets etc? Or is it someone who googled the answer to the ballot question, thats my only real gripe with the entire thing, they should have allowed genuine fans who supported them an actual chance at being able to see the reunion and they failed to do that.

You’re bang on. The people complaining about gigs getting too expensive etc. mostly have no interest going down to Whelans, The Grand Social etc. and seeing someone for the price of a couple pints, nor do they seem to realise that the reason the likes of Oasis can charge that much is because they are interested in going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

It seems TM do get a cut of the ticket revenue. Interesting read this one.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/article/2024/sep/01/oasis-tickets-dynamic-pricing-live-music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭nachouser

The Divorce Tour. You gotta roll with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 nippy12

They use dynamic pricing in the US but I think this is the first time it was used in Ireland. They have some many labels on tickets it was confusing to see what was what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭jj880

It has an incentive to advise the use of dynamic pricing because Ticketmaster takes a cut of the ticket price. The higher the price, the higher the cut.

Plenty were certain dynamic pricing is nothing to do with Ticketmaster and they only take the booking fee. Oh dear.

Definitely puts the "very clear explanation" of dynamic pricing above in a new light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭morphy87

So will oasis announce extra dates for Ireland? I only know one person that got tickets and id say that he couldn’t name 2 oasis songs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,746 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭jazz_jazz

All we have at the moment is The Sun saying yes and The Mirror saying no.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭crl84

This is nonsense.

It's not Ticketmaster's choice to enable dynamic pricing.

The vast, vast majority of acts choose not to have dynamic pricing. They instruct the promoter not to do it, and the promoter then does not request and negotiate its conditions with Ticketmaster.

99.9% of concerts in Ireland this year will not have dynamic pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ticket page now removed from the Saturday show after you queue ,there must me a mad scramble in the background to rearrange the platinum tickets 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭crl84

Probably the Hultsfred Festival 94?

Was recorded for radio as part of an old European live music recording initiative and played on radio stations across Europe who were members.

Was subsequently widely circulated as a bootleg recording over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,987 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If they make money from doing so and they've developed functionality on-site to support dynamic pricing - you're frankly naive if you think it's not in their interest to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think the article agrees with you..

He then concluded by noting, “We have those tickets that are going to go for that [higher] price somewhere anyway. The ticket broker or someone is going to be taking that money. I’m going, ‘Hey, why shouldn’t that money go to the guys that are going to be up there sweating three hours a night for it?’ It created an opportunity for that to occur. And so at that point, we went for it. I know it was unpopular with some fans. But if there’s any complaints on the way out, you can have your money back.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

In their interest to do so? Yes.

Can they do it without the artist consenting and agreeing to the price strategy and dynamic pricing? No.

• Advertisement

It isn’t the first time it was used in Ireland at all. Certainly post covid its almost normal for arena sized acts and above to do that or take the outrageously priced VIP ticket route. This year alone Green Day and Pearl Jam had them but they didn’t sell out so ended up getting reverted to normal price tickets, but it’s been used since at least 2022 here

Advertisement