Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

You can't actually see it, but there are the same posters either ignoring what I said or have me on ignore! It's very obvious really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why would anyone have you on ignore? Haven't seen any poster who had a disagreement with you.

There have been times when I’ve posted something and replies later show that either I’m on an ignore or that they just skip by when they see my post!

Honestly, it really doesn’t bother me, just think it’s a bit mad. I don’t want to cause any rows here so I’ll leave it at that. I enjoy this board too much, where I get to share mine and my families views on our beloved Gunners.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Lol. Put a 1 before that figure at this stage of the season, and we'll talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bit ridiculous to put the bid in when Arsenal's window is closed..

Ornstein saying offer was made yesterday and turned down. So all is well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Merino out until mid October apparently.

Assuming that's the case the below are the games he'll definitely miss:

- Spurs (A)

- Atalanta (A)

- Man City (A)

- Leicester (H)

- PSG (H)

- Southampton (H)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Jorginho is going to be a busy man! Fingers crossed we don't pick up any injuries during the international break and Merino gets back to us asap. Just keep Martinelli away from him in training!

• Advertisement

Been watching the U21 lads on Sky sports+ and there really is a lot of very talented young men in this club. Some serious operators!

The ladies team had a massive win last night in the champions league qualifiers. Anybody watch it? I saw glimpses of it, one of my boys was watching it on the website, a couple of great goals scored.

Raya starts in goals for Spain tonight against Serbia. It's live now on Virgin Media 2.

They were fantastic. I saw a good bit of it last night. Rosenberg next on Saturday @7:70pm. The game will be at the Emirates. Last night's win was a Meadow Park where Borehamwood play.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Calafiori has been injured playing for Italy tonight in their win against France. He collided with Dembele and had to be taken off. Fingers crossed it's not serious.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/arsenal-handed-major-riccardo-calafiori-29886961

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/live/c5yd7zewe5wt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Timber, Merino, Calafiori...

We don't have it lucky with signing new players, do we? They all seem to damage themselves in the first month. Like a weird form of hazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭lau1247

Didn't see this being mentioned here.. Ref watch doing a complete 180 for near identical incident (Couldn't find a way to embed the video from Reddit).. Like Arteta said, amazed amazed amazed

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/1f86m3u/dermot_gallagher_on_an_incident_a_few_years_ago/

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Calafiori is fine and the manager has said he'd be fit for the match against Israel on Monday. He took a slight knock and the media took over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I didn't see the France - Italy game but how did Saliba do?

• Advertisement

Another absolute load of crap from Gallagher. An apologist just like Dean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Im back after a lovely little ban for expressing how much I didn't want Rashford at our club, (and by God, I was proven right).What did I miss?

Fantastic start to the season imo. The rice decision was f*ing mental and cost us.

Sterling singing has me pumped to have a saka alternative. Lads moaning at work he's washed up etc, conversation ended when I said to name a Chelsea player apart from Palmer that has looked decent in two years. Man still has a lot to give and imo a great loan signing.

Havertz got Germany's 5th goal from the penalty spot last night as they cruised to victory against Hungary. 5-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

calafori has left the Italy camp and now returning to be assessed by arsenals medical team

The internet isn’t for everyone

Rice conducted himself very well yesterday amid the constant booing. I didn't like the decision he made to plump for England rather than Ireland at the time but I can see why he made it. He was born and bred there and it opened doors for him. He is a fantastic player and fair play to him for how he dealt with the constant barrage of abuse yesterday. Glad he's at Arsenal now.

odegard has limped off after twisting his ankle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Based on initial reports I'd be shocked if he's back for Spurs or City. Some start to the season with injuries

FGS. I’d nearly expect an ACME safe to fall out of the sky and hit Arteta on the head at this stage!!! And the road runner to say MEEP MEEP as he squirrels away!

Fairly frustrating alright especially as we've been relatively injury free for a couple of years. Hopefully neither of the injuries are too bad and they're back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭IrishOwl...

Well the main stick people use to beat Arsenal with when comparing them to City or Liverpool, is how they would cope when they get some injuries after a relatively decent 2 years in that area.

So if they get through this period, it could be a confidence boost to the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

It'll be another disappointing season imo. Not signing a striker was criminal after selling Nketiah will come back to haunt us. City will run away with the league and Arsenal will be playing catchup another 2nd place finish perhaps we might even drop to 3rd or 4th this season as Liverpool are looking good.

The question I have when will the pressure on Arteta start to mount if we don't win anything this season it'll be 5 years trophyless, he's bottled the league twice and been poor in Europe that Bayern game last season was a disgrace it looked like the team gave up after going 1-0 down in the second leg. Also Saka has looked average at best lately for both England and Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Bottled the league… 🙄

If he declared for Ireland he probably wouldn't have cost us 105m

Also Saka can continue to "look average" if he's getting 4 goals contributions every three games, such are his stats for the PL so far. Such an amount of hyperbolic bollocks there @mikeybhoy

What else was it? All he had to do was beat Villa and we would've won the league last season. 4 points from a possible 12 vs Fulham and West Ham last season was also poor you can't give City that kind of leeway.

If Arteta was Real Madrid manager he'd be long sacked by now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭ronjo

They won 16 out of last 18 games.

Bottled the league FFS……. Worst take I have seen on here in a long time.

So we might have a completely new midfield apart from Partey for the Spurs game. I can see Trossard slotting in and also Zinchenko moving into the left side with Sterling/Martinelli starting up front on the left..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭ronjo

I think he might have 2 sitting deep in Partey and Jorghino and play more on the counter

Well ultimately it was not enough as we failed to win the league

• Advertisement

22 players named for the premier league squad was already the lowest and now folks getting injured in friendlies is a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Two totally different clubs, so I don't know what good that comparison is.

Arteta didn't take over at Real Madrid: who even at their lowest at still competing for leagues and in Europe. He took over at a club in disarray, well off the pace, with a totally substandard squad - it was a long term project, with a totally different context.

I'm sorry but that Real Madrid comparison is just silly.

The expectation is that Arsenal will challenge for the league this year. If they go backwards - even to finish third - then Arteta will be under pressure. It's just the way this level of football works.

Arsenal have improved year on year every season under Arteta, but I think the next step will be the hardest. City are an absolute machine: only Klopp has managed to best them, once.

Yet we supposedly moved to the Emirates to compete with the likes of Real Madrid, Barca , Bayern, Milan, Inter, Juventus etc. The club still haven't gotten back to where they were under Wenger when still at Highbury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Hugely different playing field now to when we played out of Highbury to be fair. As we left Highbury we already had chelsea and their Russian money changing the game with us struggling to compete, then the petrodollars came in and even blew that out of the water with City and their unlimited funds. Now we'll have Newcastle starting to ramp up as well. So to be comparing football and resources from 20 years ago to now is like comparing the busby babes to peps city the gulf has grown that big.

The emirates has been financially a huge success story for the club, had we stayed at Highbury we'd be miles behind in the financial stakes, and given what we're competing with nowadays we'd be so far away from being able to compete we'd probably never catch up unless there's a seismic change in the entire football industry.

When the new stadium was being developed no one could have envisaged City and their financial doping changing the landscape to the extent they have.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

speedy recovery needed

Man City and Chelsea being good is not an excuse for our failure as a club since leaving Highbury. Since we've left Highbury United, Liverpool and even bloody Leicester have all won the league all clubs not named Chelsea or Man City.

We've actually outspent Man City since 2020 and have nothing to show for it. Ten Hag, Brendan Rodgers and even David Moyes have all won trophies in that time.

If we don't win at least an FA Cup this season Arteta and Edu must be sacked.

Arteta is an overrated manager he's been alright in the league but his performance in Europe and the domestic cups has been dismal besides winning the covid FA Cup with Unai Emery's squad not to mention the transfer howlers like buying Willian, Fabio Viera, Pablo Mari and Nuno Tavares aswell as letting Auba, Pepe and Martinez leave on frees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

If that's what you genuinely believe then there's really no point in debating.

COYG.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I'm fairly sure you will find that your opinion is very much in the minority both on here and in the real world. Personally, I couldn't disagree with you any more.

So what do you think we should do if we go trophyless this season? Not having a go just asking for your opinion. If we don't win a trophy this season that'll be five years without a trophy which imo is not good enough for a club like Arsenal.

I've heard some online say that trophies is all a season should judged on. Some say they'd rather win a Carabao Cup and finish 8th in the league than win nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Blessed last year with injuries so this would happen sooner or later. One of those things but we cant whinge about it if we lose a few games.

Advertisement