Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oasis Reunion. Its finally happening😱

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,509 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Might be able to get my hands on some Brasso…

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CantonasCat2

any sign of any tickets on Twickets?

Was surprised to see them offer Croke Park! But at least we’ve another torturous source of constant checking and damnation to focus on now too !!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CantonasCat2

someone’s been spending too much time on lit erotica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Time to go outside for some fresh air and put the phone/laptop down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭TenPicnics

But hang on there, give the man a chance, he's been very busy organising the local GAA club bus full of kids heading for the free "kids' zone" he informed us was definitely happening for the Coldplay gigs! He also mentioned that Coldplay were doing a free charity gig, "for the kids", last Saturday - no word on that since, funnily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,872 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

We enquired, and we were turned down by the promoters. Hence the silence.

Cmon, admit it, can you imagine the attention and atmosphere it would create if this actually happened and everyone was paid back the surplus !!

And then as the final song “don’t look back in anger” EPIC vibes !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,568 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Don't tell anyone about those €86.50 tickets, you'll blow their mind. That's mad that it was first-come, first-served. Happy days for you!

Out of sheer curiosity, are there many more people eligible for that draw than the amount of tickets? How lucky were you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

There's bands louder and heavier with distortion, the sound the Kinks first created, which is the origin of what became heavy metal. Don't worry I know my history.

Oasis simply don't use that, their sound more raw, pounding and bigger in scope than any band before or since, regardless of how loud any band has gone.

The force of Oasis' music has simply never been seen before or since, they landed onto the scene with an absolute balls to the wall sound, a statement of intent that blew everything away. It sent them supernova.

Slipknot and the like can bang as loud as they want, their sound will never be as big or as heavy as Oasis, in scope, force, or real guitar playing.

Maybe I'm not explaining it well, but surely people should be able to grasp the point!

No one to this day has gone as big as Oasis in the force and sound of their music, which is absolutely huge! People wonder why Oasis are so big and can't figure it out, that's the reason why. Their sound is simply off the charts "big"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭sh89000

Anyone have any spare for any UK dates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭squonk

I think the two lads have burned any cred they had left with this cash heist. I loved the band back in the day but lost interest after the third album gradually. I didn’t think a lot of the solo efforts either but the latest stuff Liam did with John Squire was great IMHO.

At this point though i don’t want to hear a bit from either of them again. I honestly wouldn’t crud the road to see them now even if I got the ticket for nothing. Talk about giving fans what they’ve been waiting tests for but in such a way that it’s really just a massive kick in the nads for most. I’d have traveled abroad if they were doing a euro leg ads had a weekend away even if I didn’t get UK/Ireland tickets but if they even have any more legs and continue with the same craic they can shag off.

Ye I made the point yesterday "what could Oasis' really do" with the pricing, and listening to the radio and reading more about it today, I was completely wrong. This is something Oasis completely endorsed and signed off on, which is disappointing. But then Noel said for years, he'd get them back "if the price is right". But I didn't actually think he'd fleece desperate fans.

I was actually offered a free ticket to the Rolling Stones in Croke Park, their early Brian Jones era stuff, id regard as being the best ever. But didn't go. The prices were like 150. Couldn't stand there and take them serious, as if your there to "rock out" with them, but they're only there laughing at you.

And Mick Jagger becoming such a toff the last few decades, put me right off wanting to see them. Looked into getting a banner saying "shine a light on Brian Jones" just to shove in his face, but cost too much money. But if you got close to the front, and the banner was big enough, would really wind Mick Jagger up.

Him and Richards a disgrace in how they've tried to write him out of the band. Want people to think Jagger/Richards when they hear the name the Rolling Stones, the way people think Lennon/McCartney when they hear the Beatles. So it kills them that it's actually Brian Jones' band!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

You're definitely not explaining it well, as soon as you said "real guitar playing", I knew you hadn't a clue what you were talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 RiceCrispy

There was no dynamic pricing involved with the residents tickets, because promoters / the band knew they wouldn't get away with it. Residents would refuse to pay extra. The In demand pricing dropped back down to the original advertised prices today for the rescheduled presale. I agree its a total monopoly and greed, but collectively, if people refused to pay the outrageous prices, they wouldn't be able to get away with it at all.

Ye fair point, that's not really "explaining it" either. Dont mean "real guitar playing" from a technically skilled point of view, but the sound. Surely you can see what I'm getting at generally though, no? Doesn't matter I suppose, I'll drop it, can't seem to find the words to get across what I mean in that sense

I get what you mean, They had a big sound, mainly because in the studio they would record loads of guitar tracks for every song. It's not heavy though. Just makes the sound huge.

It's as heavy as a guitar can go, without what I like to refer to, as the kinks distortion. And it's not just that, there's simply a force to their sound, not seen before or since. Hard to put a finger on how they do it, but they do.

Theres a pounding/thumping element to their music, that is heavier than anything that's gone before, when you look at the term heavy in that sense, big and forceful, pounding and raw. No band has really done that before or since, it's what separates them!

I don't agree with you, but that's OK, it's how you interpret it to yourself that matters, not what I or anyone else thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There was a resident on Newstalk the other day discussing their allocations and other general stuff about the gigs at Croke Park. Everyone within a 1.5kms radius of the stadium is classified as a resident and goes into the draw. She estimated the number of households to be in the thousands so based on that, there wouldn't be anywhere near enough tickets for everyone!

• Advertisement

Ye fair enough. What band would you think out of curiosity, that came along with a sound as "big" as Oasis? I often say, the Arctic Monkeys are the only band since, who came along with a similar statement of intent. A real driving force to their sound.

Not only in sound, but culturally. Rocked on the scene, their sound blowing everything away, a "we're the best" attitude so like it or lump it. It really hasn't been done much before.

The Sex Pistols, as manufactured as they were, did it too. The force of their songs Bodies, Holidays, Anarchy is pretty huge. The hook in GSTQ is massive

Sex Pistols being one of Oasis' biggest influences, which you can really hear, with that driving force of pounding energy, to their songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 5.15

Emh! Yea I did buy,

Ok not for me for my daughter who was out of the country, and was willing to travel to see them,

As you can see above this is my first post,

I’ve been reading all this topic since Saturday night, and all very interesting and actually better than watching the tv the last 3 nights, so fair play to everyone,

I was trying to find out, what the hell happened Saturday morning and was I the only one that this happened to, I do use ticket master but never where I’m feeling so much pressure,

I joined queue at 7.30 on 2 devices, phone and tablet, was babysitting my nephew who’s mother left me with her tablet to see if I could get her tickets,

At 8 my tablet went to number 322 in queue, phone said 547 (yea even I was in shiock at how low those numbers were) and her tablet said 14k within 1 minute My tablet got to number 1 and then error 404 or something, so that was abandoned, then phone got number 1 and I got in at 8.02, I bleeding thought wow I am in surely I can get tickets, presses for 4 tickets and I got the usual circle going around and waiting confirmation, which actually went on for nearly 2 hours, and then crashed, so only nieces tablet is now still in queue, at 8.30 I got in on hers, this time it did actually tell me no tickets left in the normal price levels, and niece had given me a max off 200 for her tickets, so I made the excecutive decision knowing fully that you could get a refund in the 24hr time period to go for the gold circle standing, for my daughter because that was the next cheapest, it gave me 4 saying what extras you got with these tickets, merchandise etc,

I accepted them and checked out in 3 mins cos all details were all in ready to do quick check out,

Great you may all say, fair play but what’s the issue,
    But you see this is real problem,well it’s more a hey what just happened there, and I probably don’t have a leg to stand on with Ticketmaster, but instead of getting a email with 4 gold circle tickets at just gone 8.40am we got a email with 4 IN DEMAND tickets, but yet there had being no in demand buttons on page when I was picking tickets. I have emailed Ticketmaster, probably won’t hear anything back, my daughter is happy she doesn’t have to travel too far, but yes the whole thing has being done very slyly,

So why I started reading all this forum for was to see if anyone could tell me

1. What time did Dynamic pricing start showing up On the screen, does anyone remember seeing it before 9,

2. Would anyone else like to own up to this happening to them,

yes it’s kinda weird feeling great got daughter her ticket's but yet quite sickened.

and yes I hate multi national companies thinking they can just do whatever they want,

Ahh well cheers if you read all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

1. Yes
    2. No - I could only choose the platinum option. The gold options with merchandise were cheaper than the platinum but none available when selected.

They literally stopped selling the now cheaper Gold/merchandise and went to standard tickets at over double the price without any frills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ledwithhedwith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭893bet

so what are the chances of extra gigs on ROI? Gut is saying no at this point. Some other band must have nights booked in CP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Thanks for this excellent summary of what happened at the weekend. This reminds me of the annual online scrum for Glastonbury tickets every October. I'm convinced there are IT professionals and bots spamming these big online sales which locks all regular trusting folk out. It makes sense when you see the same people go to Glastonbury year after year after year and from your description it looks like the same tactics were deployed throughout the UK and Ireland on Saturday. There is no reason at all why you should have been kicked out at so high a point in the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

This is what everybody always says but it never works out that way. People said the same about Springsteen proper to the 2023 shows, and Pearl Jam this year. They both walked away with rave reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

You seem to be unwittingly acknowledging they had a brilliant sound engineer and producer back in the day who carved out that sound for them - that's what you're saying without realizing.

Prince in his Purple Rain era with the dirty mix of synths and almost "sizzling" guitars is a good example. That sound was created for him by a sound engineer called Susan Rogers. Listen to other Prince albums (yes I know he's brilliant) where she wasn't working and you won't hear the same depth and scope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭deeks

Two accounts just gone on ignore. I'm sure it won't take a huge leap to figure out which two 😋

You'd wonder where people get the time 😃

Well I’m speaking for myself. I hope the gigs are good. I hope those who got tickets enjoy every minute of it. Springsteen, Pearl Jam etc will tour again and again. The ticket system is crap. I don’t dispute that. What pi$$es md off now is the two lads leveraging their fan base to extract the maximum amount of money for the least amount of work. It’s a smash and grab effectively. I don’t think they intend to do a more extensive tour.

I wouldn’t feel this way if I believed that Oasis was now to be a project they’d tour every so often and maybe resurrect for festivals from time to time. Instead it looks like both lads need money so it’s a half arsed effort with only money in mind. It’s a blatant 2-fingers to the fans. Message received lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Not much use to you now but if you’re referring to the “confirming availability” message and spinning circle - I needed to refresh the page for that to stop and search again and was able to get tickets. I know that people left that running for hours but as I was able to get in for 2 dates, I took a risk and refreshed one of the pages and it appears that needed to be done if you wanted to search again. Genuinely feel for those who left it run because of the fear of being kicked out to the back of the queue again.

• Advertisement

Sorry but that is so subjective - I will leave you to it.

Oasis use HUGE amounts of guitar effects and distortion on much of the first 2 albums (I am most familiar with).

All I want to say is there are much louder/“forceful” “big” sounding bands in the heavy metal genre which you should check out if that is what you are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get four standing tickets in the presale, but the whole thing has left a bitter taste tbh. Feels like they don't even want to do it for anything but the money.

I guess you only get one big payday for the initial reunion (Pixies in Lansdowne, Libertines in Hyde Park.. Both playing the Olympia on their latest tours) but this feels like a complete piss take.

Also, why is Liam so quiet on Twitter? Was it part of the contract that he's not allowed say anything or has he just gone into hiding?

At least he’s sensible staying off twitter. Lots of pissed off people out there. They’d be pissed off anyway, millions of fans vying for a few hundred thousand tickets overall. The sales fiasco however would have turned a bit of ire into a raging mob. I’d stay off twitter too if it was me.

Can I ask, what did you get for gold circle standing tickets besides a good, I’d assume, position? Were you charged extra for the in demand or just substituted a GC ticket with in demand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Having already seen Liam this year (for 80 quid) playing all the hits and sounding great paying 250-500 quid or whatever for what will be a weaker setlist is baffling.

Has there been details published about the band lineup? The lineup changed even in the band’s heyday so are they getting some of the old members back or will it be primarily Noel & Liam and some touring musicians?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,043 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Reports apparently have come out saying it'll be none of the original lineup bar Liam and Noel, and that members of High Flying Birds will play with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Bonehead seem a definite as he plays with Liam on his tours already, Alan White has teased it on his Insta page. After that what I have heard is its Gem Archer. Thats the 5 piece complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Mac-Chops

I'm as much a sceptic as any about those "prices from" jobbies but the seats are actually decent Upper Tier, not far from halfway line so not sure how the view could be considered so restricted.

And definitely feeling lucky as with 1000 forms filled in <5 mins, well there'd easily be multiple 1000s if not in to 10,000s at a guess. It's based on a 1.5km radius within Croker and then whoever is on the ball enough to have signed up in the first instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I just dont see this happening, thats not Oasis and to be honest I dont see Noel having as much say this time round as he did when he was in Oasis the first time round. My dream would be to have Guigs back along with Bonehead and Alan White, Bring McCarroll on to bang out supersonic as a special guest.

• Advertisement

That’s another kicker IMHO. For a big payday you’d expect them to at least reach out to the former members and get some on board if they were willing or available. Using HFB is kind of a bummer. I think that’s be fine for festival gigs as it’d be practical but now it just kind of feeds into the opportunism factor already at play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Was at that too. Was brilliant alright. What gets me is the people I've spoken to who tried for tickets, but would never have dreamt of going to see Oasis the first time around.

There were plenty of young people at Liam's gig, so it would've been great for them to get a chance to actually see Oasis if it didn't turn into such a money grab. Brought my young lad to it and he loved it. Said to myself if they ever get back together I'd try and bring him, so delighted to be able to do that.

yeah that’s it. Oasis were the soundtrack of my last two years in college in the 90s. I’ve enjoyed seeing them over the years. Back at that stage I was discovering the Beatles and really being into that so I can easily see much younger favs being at the stage of discovering Oasis and getting into their stuff. I couldn’t have afforded the 90s equivalent of a €400 ticket. Probably the sane with young fans now. Fine do the cash grab shows but at least swing back and allow those fans and old timers like myself to go along. The only people seeing them now are the super favs, and fair play to them, or the well heeled and poser types who absolutely have to be at the trendy gig of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭sh89000

"Using HFB"??? Chris sharock and gem were in the last oasis line up??...…I would imagine noel, liam , gem, sharock, bonehead......and the HFB bird bassist.

The last oasis line up was the strongest IMO with gem,sharock and Andy....bar liam voocals they sounded great 08/09.....Will be great having bonehead on stage but he just plays bar chords, not a patch on Gem

If you like that sound, check out the band Rival Sons, Big ballsy bluesy rock, Pressure and Time is a great album.

A lot of Metal bands would have a sound that is far bigger, but I don't think it would be your cup of tea.

Fair enough. I had tuned out by the late naughties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭shmeee

I heard that lady on Newstalk. And to be honest, she hadn't a clue and her story changed every minute. A pointless interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

No way to no what the plans are for Oasis long term yet, but given that a European tour looks like it will happen in 2026, they will be around until then at least. I heard off someone they tried to get them to play Slane this year, of course no idea how true that is, but you’d assume that would be a possibility for them

• Advertisement

None of the lineup has been confirmed, the media are throwing stuff at a wall until it sticks. Alan White and Bonehead have both been rumoured too.

If I had to guess it’ll be Bonehead, Gem, Russ from HFB and Sharrock which is hardly a bunch a nobodies

Advertisement