Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You need to get yourself a much better source of information, beyond the daily mail etc…. and be side which in Enoch makes great clickbait or selling ads and promoting your social media channel.

You also need to understand an awful lot more about our democracy and what is at stake.

Nobody, but nobody gets to choose which court rulings they are going to comply with and which they are not. To do otherwise would be to deny the rights of law abiding citizens who have correctly gone through the legal process and won their case. If you won a case say against a neighbour for storing farmyard manure at the back of the house for the garden and the neighbor just ignored the courts and continued, no doubt you'd be expecting action.

If Enoch continues his contempt, then it's very likely he will be going in and out of jail for the next 30+ years. And that is the correct place for someone who refuses to except the democratic and legal process of the country, preventing other citizens from enjoying their rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,300 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Arrested. Never charged with a criminal offence, because the ingredients are not present. Therefore he is not guilty of criminal trespass, never arrested for it again. Civil matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Xmas pressie for Enoch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭drury..

Him rotting in jail is good for his cause

It's a pity they can't hit him in the pocket at all

Full salary and the fines cannot currently be applied due to some legal mixup or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

mouth stuff?

You’re talking through your arse 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Full salary ongoing as he is going through the courts appealing each decision made against him, starting with the board hearing his employment dispute with WHS. He stated to the High Court that a member of the board had a bias against him. The High Court ruled against him, dismissing his case. He then went to the Appeals Court to appeal the High Court decision against him. That appeal case before the Appeals Court is ongoing.

If he loses his appeal at the Appeals Court, there is little doubt that he will [try to] go on to the Supreme Court with an appeal about the Appeals Court decision. Meantime he is still legally entitled to his salary until that court makes a decision one way or the other.

The board which was hearing his employment dispute case with WHS is waiting patiently for the court hearings all to end so it can re-start its hearing to decide if he was sacked properly in line with procedure.

As for court fines, they will wait for him down the road: The wheels of justice turn slowly but grind exceedingly fine is taken, appropriately enough, from the bible… The wheels of justice do indeed turn ever so slowly, grinding out endless paper and referendums. But the time will come when justice will roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream. Amos 5:24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

I can see one of two of his siblings standing for election in the next general election. I doubt they'd have much success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Why though?

There is no indication the family are political.

And other than the transgender issue at this school Enoch nor any other Burke has ever talked about anything that would be considered political.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

One of them ran to be NUIG's Students Union president. They are strongly anti-LGBT and might run as a single issue candidate. But it is total speculation on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

They are very political, They run hate website for politicians, door step ministers and protest count centres and the like. They also rant about TDs all the time. Their facebook pages are all tagged as political.

While they should run to see how many real followers they have they won't as they will know how many real followers they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They were all barred from NUIG societies at one time or another. I think some legal actions are still pending around some of that nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

This.

Clearly he gets more you tube hits standing at school gates and trying to attend work meetings - representing a lie that its not about trespass. Lock him up and throw away the key but stop paying his salary ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There's obviously a reason why many Fundamentalist religions home school their children. The Mormons are good at that too. And they marry young and have loads of kids, and if they can't have enough of their own, they adopt more. Plenty of fodder for the cause.

I recall that horrific case of abuse in Utah last year I think it was, where the mother had a YouTube channel, but was bashing the kids (upon whom she based her channel), denying them food, locking them up and so on. Horrific stuff. Mormons. Not saying all closed religions are like that, but a lot of them are.

I suspect the Burkes have connections with such types in the US. Well we all kind of know that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Raichų

what’s a transgender name exactly? Also when exactly did the word “they” become one?

fascinating to see once again beliefs are back into the conversation as if he’s there for believing in god rather than he was attending the school despite a court ordering him not to.

It’s ok I’m drink driving because I don’t actually believe in your laws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭sporina

i'd love to see a documentary on the family sometime in the future - imagine if the kids (Enoch et al) all had therapy and got a view of the woods from the trees.. "this is how we wer raised to see the world - the result was X - then such and such happened, and now we see the world the way regular people do".. or a doc on themselves as they are now.. either way, I'd watch it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Saying EB is back in prison because of his beliefs is about as accurate as saying that going to town on the holiest of holies is the same as anal.

It might sound right to some, but the actual facts of the matter are entirely different.

• Advertisement

Another new party or as independents? It'd be one sure way of getting cash from them whatever the source; loss of the fee required to register and stand for election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭drury..

It was explained to me onetime that tragedy isn't an event . Tragedy is something that unfolds over time.

I believe that's what we're seeing now is a tragedy unfolding with the burke children.

I dunno if the parents will ever reach the point where they have the awareness to have to live with this outcome.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,225 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Titanium11 threadbanned

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Optimus Prime or Bumblebee are the only 2 I know. No wait, that’s transformers.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Enoch is absolutely in prison because of his beliefs - just not because of his beliefs on LGBTI people.

He is in prison because of his belief that he can ignore legal process, ignore the courts and ignore reality. He is in prison because of his belief that it is acceptable to disrupt a public school event to harass and verbally assault his boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,491 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Full salary ongoing as he is going through the courts appealing each decision made against him, starting with the board hearing his employment dispute with WHS. He stated to the High Court that a member of the board had a bias against him. The High Court ruled against him, dismissing his case. He then went to the Appeals Court to appeal the High Court decision against him. That appeal case before the Appeals Court is ongoing.

His dispute is with a person on the appeals panel. A member of the ASTI.

It's just a desperate attempt to delay the appeal process.

Meantime he is still legally entitled to his salary until that court makes a decision one way or the other.

Well no. There is nothing in legislation or guidance from the department that states someone is entitled to full salary once they are dismissed.

They are placed on paid administrate leave prior to the process.

The school are fully entitled once he was dismissed to stop processing his salary with the Department.

From the schools point of view I can see why they chose not to do this. The Department pays his salary not the school, if Burke was to get an award on a technicality from the WRC then the school would more than likely be on the hook for that sum.

The board which was hearing his employment dispute case with WHS is waiting patiently for the court hearings all to end so it can re-start its hearing to decide if he was sacked properly in line with procedure.

The board are finished with the process, they made their decision.

No member of the board can sit on the Appeals Panel that had prior interest or dealings in the case.

As for court fines, they will wait for him down the road:

The fines were imposed as a coercive method to stop him trespassing in the school.

They didn't work.

There is no mechanism as it stands for the school to collect this money.

They could jail him for contempt I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Won't happen. What they are doing now they can maintain they are on the right side and have support.

If they actually ran for election they would get tiny vote share and would have no real way to dispute the numbers. Why take the risk of losing like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

just caught the video of him going off again on a holiday, the mam sure does like to say puberty blockers a lot.
    calling LV a sodomite really is just showing how much of a piece of sh1t the woman is.

• Advertisement

His case in the Court of Appeal against the High Courts dismissal is set to be mentioned on October 11 for directions from the court.

Advertisement