Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

1158159160161162164»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

TJ had his moments although Inoue was clearly ahead. Atmosphere at fights in Japan is incredibly quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I watched the highlights just and TJ seemed to be well in the fight even if Inoue was going to finish it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Doheny boxed very well. He had a good gameplan and forced Inoue to really think.

He could definitely have taken a round or possibly two on some of the judges cards. And that in itself is saying a lot considering an amazing statistic Inoue holds - he has scored more 10-8 rounds in his career than all his opponents combined have scored 10-9 rounds against him.

I'm pretty sure the shot that did the damage was the left hook to the side/back at the very end of the 6th. I think it was the last shot of an impressive flurry and Doheny immediately winced and looked at the ref as if to say 'that was a foul'. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some lower lumbar damage, similar to that suffered by Virgil Hill when he was stopped by Roy Jones' famous body shot.

It was an unfortunate ending, but Doheny has nothing to be ashamed of. He performed well.

I think that’s a perfect summary of the fight. He did incredibly well in what was N almost hopeless task

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I must be watching a different sport. Incredibly well what? Trying not to get knocked out. Barely engaging in any offence and ducking and diving. It’s boxing, ffs.

He was being pushed back all night. Finally when Inoue started really connecting, Doheny folded. This from a lad who was telling people that he has a real chance because he has a punch that would knock out a horse.😖

Doheny had very brief/decent punching moments, but was never remotely in the fight. How this translates to incredibly well is boggling.

• Advertisement

you, yourself decreed from on high that he wouldn’t get out of the first round. He surpassed expectations and landed some shots with real meat against a P4P beast who will go down as a great yet. Cut the guy some slack instead of being so dismissive

I said he’d be lucky if he gets out first rd. He did get out, great. But that doesn’t mean I then have to bullsh1t in saying he did incredibly well.

He was ridiculously timid, and clearly in not to even try to win. It’s boxing for chrissske, and he spent most the time trying not to engage.

There’s nothing at all dismissive. It was far far from a good performance. Cut him slack? If he actually went in and tried to win I would cut him some slack. Only positive I can see is that he didn’t get knocked out too quickly.

Rinse and repeat.

So f*cking predictable.

Walshb sees an Irish fighter in an upcoming fight and knows if he makes disparaging, clueless and classless comments, unsurprisingly he'll get a reaction from Irish posters on and Irish forum. But at this stage, even newbies have cottoned on to the charade.

"Biggest mismatch ever"

How absolutely desperate for attention do you need to be to say something so utterly stupid?

breathe, lad! You’re way too strung when engaging

Twas massive mismatch before it even began. Everyone called that. And was a clear mismatch in how it went down. Only an idiot with no clue of the two combatants would say otherwise. You’re not an idiot, are ya?

Who are these newbies, btw?

"Biggest mismatch ever"

Only an idiot with no clue of the history of boxing would say that.

OR

Someone craving attention.

Which one are you?

• Advertisement

Twas a massive mismatch…we all know this…you disagree? Or are you hanging onto the word 'biggest?'

Biggest ever, related to a world championship fight? Up there for consideration….

Inoue a massive favorite and Doheny a massive underdog…Inoue in his prime, great puncher and p4p top fighter against a lad that fooking Michael Connlan beat. And now aged 37!!!

As for attention….I think you love the attention as the angry man!!! No other reason you'd be spitting nails in your posts/responses…and nobody is craving attention, apart from you with your crazy aggressive posts

And, who are the newbies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If somebody keeps trolling or posting stupid crap I just put them on ignore. You used to see their posts if quoted by others but not nowadays. So I don't see trolling posts on the boxing forum anymore.

I don't have many people on ignore.

So you're doing your best to defend the ludicrous "biggest mismatch ever" quote?

Straight question - do you actually believe that fight was the biggest mismatch ever?

Only 'yes' or 'no'.

so you are hanging onto the word “biggest.”

Twas a massive mismatch. That’s for sure. I think Inoue was -6000, whatever that is in old money, and TJ was 20-1, a massive underdog.

In recent times, anyway, I can’t think of a bigger mismatch in a championship fight.

You’re only trolling me now. I think you get a buzz ou’ve trolling me…

But at least you’ve calmed down a little. Can’t be good for the health getting so angry in responses to me.

Still puzzled as to why you seem to get so riled up by me..

Your answer is 'yes' then.

Which proves you're a liar.

If your answer was 'no' it would also have proven you to be a liar.

This is the problem when you do your usual trolling charade. Some people simply won't let you get away with it.

And you don't like it.

Tough!

I think you should take eagle’s advice. Your disdain is creepy… weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

all the bickering is pointless and just ruins the thread tbh, you don’t have to like or agree with everyone and there’s an ignore option on the site too

Have a nice weekend 👍🏻

The internet isn’t for everyone

Yep, and let's hope TJ recovers from that injury. Reminded me of the Ryan Burnett injury from a few years ago.

Advertisement