Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

1122123124125126128»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭CoBo55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Got this deal today.
    Told them I wanted to cancel tv

€104.00

Sky signature
    Sky Ultimate TV add on
    Sky cinema
    Sky HD
    Sky UHD
    And Sky broadband

Also includes Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Butson

Was on the Broadband, Stream and Netflix offer of €50 p/m.

Going up to €105 p/m. Rang to cancel, just let it go through with no attempt to haggle.

Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Rang up for the father in law as he is paying €95 a month for basic broadband and sky signature. Offered a fiver discount to sign a new contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Stewball

I noticed this year all their sports upgrades are tying you in to a 12-month Sky Entertainment contract.

That wasn't the case last year, if you only added Sky Sports.

Originally the rule was when you first signed up to something extra, say movies, it started a new 12 month contract, if you removed it later and then got it back it was treated as an add on without starting a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Had the similar a couple of months ago, they offered something like 80 for 6 months and then 105 for the remainder. Told them I could just switch to Virgin for their 50 p/m and only thing that would make me stay is 55 p/m to save me the hassle of switching. They said no and I said grand so talk to you in 12 months time then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Contract up in 2 weeks so just gave them a call. Deal ending bringing it up to 80 quid.

Signature, HD, Multiroom.

Just said 31 days notice, deal is ending, too expensive.

Got half price for the year. HD goes up a fiver after 6 months so technically not for the year. Up to 45 for the second 6 months.

Better than 80 anyway.

Quick enough call about 10 mins, no back and forth haggling just straight to the deal.

Call center in India now. In the nicest way possible it was torture. Couldn't understand a word she was saying bar the 40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭jonnreeks

If I just get Sky Q + TV Entertainment/Signature is it €25 or €30 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Normal price for Sky Q with Signature is 49 Euro. (That's out of contract without any deals)

I got through to a section with Sky, called Sky Loyalties and I was eventually offered Sky Q for €26.40 after our discussion about being an existing loyal customer to Sky over the years. The €25 or €30 is an offer for new customers taking out the Sky Q. I was told that the Sky Q will eventually be phased out over the next 5 years due to the efibre progression which too be honest is too be expected but Sky Q is a viable product for those with a dish still, so no worries yet.

I could have gone for one of the current new Sky stream deals, as I have a suitable efibre connection, but the hassle of changing to be a new customer was not worth the hassle.

By the by, I am an existing sky customer with an old legacy connection and was looking to upgrade to the Sky Q. I spoke with a Sky salesperson at one of their stands recently who advised me how to approach the call centre and by pass the first attempt to lure you in.

It worked. 😀

So, to be brief you got an upgrade to Q for 26.40 as an existing customer, is that right? Anything else on that? HD etc? It's definitely a good deal even as a bare package.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Julabo

The best they would give me was 50 off for 6 months but had to sign up for another 12 months. So cancelled. Virgin will work out 70 cheaper a month for the year.

Yes HD, I have added the Sky Sport + Sports Extra current deal offer for €27 pm for 6 months and a multi-box for €13 pm, basically a second Sky Q box for wifi to allow TV in any room. Total €66.40 pm and I will review the Sports package in 6 months and hopefully argue to continue for another 6 months for the same price or just cancel it if I don't get what I want. Worth a try anyway!

My advice, get on to the Sky Loyalties section, if you are an existing customer and argue for a better deal if you are not happy with your current set up through a dish and sky q or the Wifi choice with efibre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭webpal

I got the same deal a few months back plus Netflix for €6 extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

Left sky tv a long time ago. Usually get a call every so often but 3 calls in 2 days from them. Must be desperate to get people back. I’ve an old hd back that gives me a few free channels. Then the usual free players and share a Netflix account more than enough for me. Even YouTube has a lot more on it than before on sports to watch if you can avoid results.

I must always one of them to see what’s getting offered but they usually call at bad times.

if cancelling anyone I’d be going ahead with it as they seem to be in the get customers back model

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Unknown99

what’s the cancellation email? I don’t trust them on the phone, neeed a paper trial

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Butson

A truly awful company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭jos22

Just got a notification on the My sky app. telling me my contract ends soon and offering 15Euro per month discount if I opt to recontract, all confirmed via the app no need to call anyone. bringing the sky bill back under 30 euro again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭webpal

I’ve never got that notification but I usually ring more than 30 days before contract ends, when was your contract up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭jos22

19th Nov is listed on app as final bill before the discount I got last time would Drop off. on the app under the Hello Vip x years with sky. it said your package

contract will end soon, price will change, see your renewal deal here.

so app now says 19th nov with old price and 19th of dec then starting with the new offer.

Hope they do this again next year fast and hassle free.

same first time I got that message on the app, in past I just messaged them on Facebook to start the back and forward of sorry of offer , till they magically found one just for me

Advertisement