Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeless Wherers - all are welcome, old and new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭thomil

Good morning everyone!

On the couch here, waiting for my breakfast croissants to finish baking. The smell is lovely already 😋

Where are ya off to, @Poochie05 ?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Breakfast eggs and tae. And umbrella academy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's an Irish phenomenon called "back to school weather"

You can almost guarantee great weather the first week of September.

Another weather phenomenon is "leaving cert weather" usually the first two weeks of June are also glorious.

Outside those 3 weeks all bets are off!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Early start, boo.

Out on the balcony again, enjoying the last of the warm weather. Was in the city today, Cork was an absolute madhouse…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,774 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was doing absolutely nothing but reading Boards when I came across Ella Fitzgerald at Montrerux ? . I’m not a huge jazz fan but she had some voice .

Damn You . Dark rum and coke /red 🫣🫣🫣

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Another stunning day here today.

OH and myself had a long lie-in followed by a late afternoon/early evening drive up to beautiful Lough Ramor in County Cavan where I got some great shots - and then on to dinner in Mullingar. 🚗 😎☀️☀️

I feel like I’m on I’m a celebrity . I had a drink of my overpriced Jack Daniel’s only to see several midges in it despite covering it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭I says

Drinking cans of porter, just opened the second last one. I doubt I’ll leave the last one alone in the fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Two and a half hour drive home.😭 Social plans for tomorrow are cancelled. Just too exhausted. I know I moan about lack of hotel space. Sorry. But 30 hours in two days has flattened me.

Stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Just getting into the leaba here…great night but town is mad , lucky to get a taxi before the rush. Absolutely no sunshine here again today, wtf.

That brings me back to the 80’s and 90’s and safe sex ads . Great times

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭mehico

I had a bottle of porter in the fridge for a few weeks, I thought of it today and was planning to open it during the Ireland match but didn't bother in the end but the thing is, I don't normally drink porter and haven't had one for years so I have no idea why I even bought it in the first place.

Off to work, a new cruel and unusual shift, management of course 🙄 still, won't be doing too many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Day 1,it kept him busy for 25 minutes. Day 2, he just sat beside until it melted and the rapidly ate the food. :):)

Back to work, it would be nice if it stayed this empty but unfortunately it's gonna be packed.

• Advertisement

I just finished watching Blade Runner ,brilliant film and lining up Blade Runner 2049 . I honestly didn’t get it the first time I saw it , I’m a bit slow like that 🤒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Home!! Next weekend will be the last weekend on campsite for this year, will be strange not to be heading there every Friday but nice to be home too 😊

Every weekend? I couldn't do it, my back gave a twinge just reading the post 🤣

Homeside here, enjoying the last bits of peace and quiet before it’s back to the frontlines. Could do with a few more weeks, but I’m out of days off as well as sick days, and unfortunately, illness benefits wouldn’t even cover the rent, I ran the numbers. Still feeling good though.

Also accidentally threw away the seal for the top of my smoothie maker, which means that I can’t use it anymore without flooding the countertop. Feeling like a right old moron… 🙈🙈🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh believe me, I always look forward to coming back to sleeping in my own bed 🤣 The auld bones are wailing constantly 🙈😊

@thomil , glad you're feeling good and positive 🤗

Almost any gasket dimensions can be ordered so don't lose hope

• Advertisement

Nerd moment! A new arrival in the tech desk area. Robocop! Predator next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Put a call out on boards. I'm sure someone has a smoothie makein the cupboard unused.

To thine own self be true

Back to hotel life 😂

Watching telly and even though I have loads to do today , I just can’t be assed . ,

• Advertisement

Sehr gut 😁 - Germany, I presume?

Deskside here, working away. Counting the weeks until my big trip to Norway…

Feeling a bit sheepish after roaring to the people on Lingo that the answer was Opine and thinking I was so smug . It was Ozone. 😡

Still deskside here, but the day has actually turned out better than expected. I might actually start enjoying work again if things keep going this way…

Lamb. First time that I’ve seen it served like this.

It looked like a shank with a dry roast. How was it?. Not crazy on the presentation

Looked like Schweinshaxe, the German way to prepare ham hock, to me. I guess that, together with the Warsteiner, led me astray…

That's my story and I'm sticking to it 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Last night in Poland, really enjoyed this trip and decided to take a few days off when I get back, so don't have to go straight back to work. Glad I decided to go away after all!

Reviewing my boards comments and realising I’m a contrary middle aged grump.

All I seem to do is voice everything that annoys , and that’s EVERYTHING 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Reviewing my boards comments and realising I’m a contrary middle aged grump.

I knew there was a reason I liked you!

🤣

• Advertisement

You might be a grump, but you’re OUR grump! 😃

Just getting ready to turn in here. Was watching the Apple keynote presenting the new iPhones earlier. I remember when these used to be actual live events where the presenters would sometimes go off-script or goof off a little. The company has definitely lost something in the years since I left…

Watching comedy gold! Brendan Grace. Way ahead of the times and I often wonder if he knew.

with lamb presented like ham, NA beer in large German glasses and lots of nubile women running around the pools in tiny swimwear, I’m getting totally confused :)

I haven’t seen anything about it that makes me grab my credit card, on the other hand just traded my Samsung s23u for s24u and US$570 in the USA. Samsung are offering a great trade in value and an additional $120 off.

I jumped ship to Samsung myself last October, going for a Z Flip 5 after ten years in the iPhone world. I had the same feeling watching the presentation yesterday, nothing really had that "wow" factor.

Deskside here, 45 minutes to go before I can call it a day. Not a bad day, thankfully things seem to have calmed down…

Hopefully the last 45 went ok.. I'm awaiting spuds. Perhaps runny eggs for top.

They went by without any issues. Chilling now, doing my usual journaling and scrolling through the most dangerous website in Ireland (IKEA)…

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling on the sofa here. Busy day earlier and got quite a lot done.

Thinking of tinkering around with my art stuff shortly... 🎨

I am just here. Nothing more really. But in the leaba. Supported Mrs G in yet more painting work today and what a job! She is brill. What a women! I literally feel ashamed by simply paying for materials.

• Advertisement

Good morning, everyone 🙂🙂

Deskside, working away and feeling good. Amazing what a good night's sleep can do!

Advertisement