Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf Simulators

• 05-01-2023 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I am new to golf and really got into it over the summer after having some lessons. I am considering a golf simulator to play during the winter months. I came across Foresight sports has anyone on here heard of them or used them. From what ive seen on their website their simulator product looks great and they also have 100s of courses.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Start with a Garmin R10

Are you planning to use indoors only or planning do a whole indoor set up??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Foresight would be in the comparable market to Trackman wouldn't they? Expensive piece of kit, but supposed to be excellent in terms of data and accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AlanWatts

I have a GC2 from Foresight, bought one refurbed when lockdown started. It really is an amazing bit of kit and its helped my game a lot. You should look at a GC3. To be honest anything below the level of a Skytrak isn't worth it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭benny79

Do you mind me asking how muched you paid for the GC2? You can pm me if you dont want it public

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kyleman

Very little details about golf simulators on here lately.

Not many places in Ireland to buy screens or mats or any other components so just wondering have many built one lately at a reasonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Simulated Sports will have it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Look up MLM2 Pro. Very good reviews for the price point

They definitely have. All quality looking products but certainly not cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭Sorbet

I looked into one before but didn’t have the ceiling height anywhere to accommodate. Thought about outdoor setup but in the end didn’t think it would be used long term - anyone got a successful outdoor setup?

Got a net and mat and MLM2 Pro and been going fine during summer
    Not sure its a good idea to leave net outdoors over winter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FORB-ProFlex-Driving-Golf-Net/dp/B08V11WGK6/ref=asc_df_B08V11WGK6/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=696451089113&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8408661582544577512&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20493&hvtargid=pla-1187396170721&psc=1&mcid=0ca9e8e99e0d3575af02ff3a64fb3d80&gad_source=1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

what size room would you need including height?

I'd say 16 feet in length at least and 10 foot ceilings.

10ft ceilings are the problem in most houses. Probably get away with a shorter length than 16ft if you bought a skytrak or similar launch monitor.

Colleague told me he got permission from the boss to build Sim in the house but now sound of ball on impact screen is not going down well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

you should have loads of room for one in the barn now that it's empty ever since you ate the horses 🤣

I have a R10 and awesome golf. Truth is I don't use it anywhere near enough because of lack of space to set up and I'm lazy when it comes to going to the range. I tried in the garden and it was grand, but again not really practical as so little space in 3 bed semi-d suburban living.

However, I'll most likely have a fair bit of free time over the next few months so am considering garden options again. At least garden wont be in a lot of use over the winter so won't really be in anybodys' way and in what used to be a mud bath when the rains came, I've put a fair bit of drainage in so it's a lot better now.

Being winter it's probably not ideal for using outside so was thinking of maybe manufacturing some sort of tall gazebo or similar to get a bit of coverage. I've got an old tele now that I can link up rather than using the small ipad or phone.

will report back if I make something out of it, but does anyone have any idea on the gazebo i could look at?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

🤣

That’s what I’m thinking. I’m not going to put in a screen but a net and something behind it to stop the ball hitting the wall. I think I made them 14ft x 14ft each and definitely have 10ft high. No insulation though.

Anyone buy an impact screen thats reasonably decent quality from Amazon or other online sites.

Obviously quality varies massively but upper end screens can be up to €2000 so looking for one a bit less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭Sorbet

still thinking about garden set up. Hoping it would help with regular practice. How do you find the R10? Not looking for lots of stats but would want it to be accurate as to whether I was fading drawing hooking or slicing.

it gives that and more

Very good

But you need a big screen, phone is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭bamayang

there’s a new simulator called square golf that looks very good. About 900 which isn’t too bad and has decent data.
    biggest benefit is it goes beside the ball, so you don’t need as long a room for the simulator. Same as Skytrak, but cheaper.

• Advertisement

Sits in same position so smaller room required alright.

Tested against Gc Quad as can be seen on YouTube but a lot off in some numbers unlike skytrak but of course at a fraction of the price.

Updates may sort issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭kod12

The Full Swing kit monitor looks to be close but still at the 5k mark

Skytrak plus seems to vary in price a lot.

Went up about 300 last week but was probably on sale beforehand.

Mevo plus looks good but requires a very large room.

Advertisement