Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election

• 10-09-2024 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭

First of all, starting the new thread because the two other threads are borked and not loading. Starting new threads has worked in the past. I'm sure once its all sorted the mods can just lock this one up.

ONTO THE MAIN EVENT!!!!

But by christ, do not do the above as a drinking game, you'll be dead.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Wish it was a Friday night and non working day tomorrow - would love to post and get rat arsed - enjoy those who watch live - might try and wake up to post a bit bit unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,339 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Won't be able to watch, sadly, as I'm working early tomorrow, so just bookmarking here so as to catch up tomorrow morning.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

I have taken tomorrow more or less off. I have a bottle of wine. Whether I make it to the end or not is entirely another question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

As I said in one of the other threads....

His likely answer when asked about his policies.

"My policies, are, will be, they will be so big, you know you can't imagine how big, we will lead the way to saving this country, Joe Biden couldn't save this country, sleepy Joe, you know joe Biden eats children. He is not a good man, so bad. We will save this great nation,…blah blah blah horseshyte"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭top floor

What time, Irish time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,686 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

2am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭CrazyEric

Trump will be so amped up on Adderall and uppers that he will loudly evacuate into his extra large Depends and Fox News will hail it as the second coming of the Messiah and proclaim it a work of art.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,767 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No way I am staying up for it, interested but tomorrow is soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

Trump has the advantage in reach and punching power- he's been there before; but something tells me Harris is the more intelligent fighter, has better stamina with youth on her side, and she has knocked out some contendaas to get to this stage. If she can get him on the inside, pick off some body shots, he might start swinging wildly and might not go the distance, given that he has an all-or-nothing bare-knuckle brawling style. Harris on points, if not a knockout, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭blackcard

There is a very low bar for Trump. He can lie, get his facts wrong, he can be insulting, he can be racist, misogynistic, he can ramble, talk nonsense, lose his temper, have senior moments, be offensive to US allies. It doesn't really matter as this is what people expect from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,099 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

People aren't expecting much of either.

Harris has never been good thinking on her feet, or being interviewed or debating.

Rote learnt set pieces she can do.

If neither makes a complete dogs dinner they should come out ok.

If there were 2 candidates that can make that mess for themselves, it's these 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭derb12

I’ve set it to record so I’ll get up early and watch it with lots of coffee around 5am before work! Off to bed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

If Trump responds like he did with that supports for children question, that will look pretty embarrassing for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,212 ✭✭✭✭briany

All he has to say is that his policies involve fixing the southern border, stopping China and ending 'woke'. He doesn't have to explain policy in minute detail because he's never had to. It's never been expected of him. I don't think it's something moderates and independents are looking for at this stage. My hunch is that Harris's best path to winning the debate is just by being as likeable as she can. If she goes too far down the rabbit hole of how bad Trump is, and not how good she would be, then she's not going to significantly move the needle in her favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump is winning the election at the moment according to the polls. Harris needs at least a 5 - 6 point nationwide lead for the Electoral College. She is currently at a national 2 point average lead across reputable polls after slipping and there are statistical ties in several key states like Michigan, Georgia and Pennsylvania. The honeymoon period is over.

She has a job to do in this debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Be careful stating facts, might offend some people.

Gonna be a close one regardless of the debate, such a long way to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Pity Biden made a balls and agreed to muted microphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It doesn't really matter because to at least 70% of his voters racist, misogynistic and anti-"woke" whatever tf that is in 2024 is all he needs to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Will make damn all difference imo; unless someone makes a HUGE **** up, I doubt many voters will change their minds

I've said time and time again that it's all on Kamala tonight.

A woman of colour Vs a rich white guy is always going to have to play the perfect game and Trump just has to play the character of Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,231 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I agree, both are poor debaters and both are poor public speakers.

She has a job to do in this debate.

She has and if she doesnt win the debate she is likely goosed.

The string pullers are gambling alot on tonight on a good showing by Harris, so that she can be hidden away for the next 2 months avoiding interviews and further debates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

hidden away for the next 2 months avoiding interviews

I can't believe this is the plan: it would surely do more harm than it would prevent…

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It's not the plan, it's the belief of one poster on an Irish discussion site. It would be bizarre in the extreme, whether the debate goes well or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

I don't think she will be goosed if she performs poorly during the debate, she has over 90% the media on her side regardless. The wholes identity politics nonsense, etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Well it seems superficially plausible to more than one of the Trump boosters on here because Harris's media appearances have been so carefully rationed to date. But continuing with this approach right up to the election would surely cause a big chunk of the undecided cohort to conclude she suffers from the same sort of issues that led Biden to be hooked…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,102 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm wondering is this where the neutral amateur dementia experts will return? They were fascinated by Trump vs Biden and were very concerned about Biden.

However since then they appear to have missed a lot of worrying Trump behaviour. Surely they will be watching ready to diagnose tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Choose your favourite narcissist. American politics must form part of of this brain rot idea we're hearing so much about.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement