Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election - read the warning in the OP posted 18/09/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

OK. So the claim now is that not only are foreigners stealing pets to eat them, they are stealing them for use in dark magic and voodoo.

You understand how that makes it both more racist and more silly, right?

That's why it's being laughed off.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The very fact that we are forced into having this conversation about whether immigrants are eating pets just tells you how utterly divorced from reality some people are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

I’ll bet they’re transgender illegal aliens too 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭quokula

Oh I didn't realise the random account on social media who said this happened with no evidence was actually your neighbour. It makes more sense that you'd trust them then, but surprising you didn't speak to them in person about it or contact your local police station to get more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

Correction: a black American woman.

Since the hysterical claim is really based more on general bigotry than a hatred of any particular immigrant group, it'll do as evidence for the people the dog whistle is aimed at in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭crusd

Care to enlighten us on Trumps economic plan - Tariffs paid by "foreigners" and in no way a turbo charge to inflation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Just to double check, you think trump made a factual statement right?

I mean, everybody in the world thinks it was a very dumb thing to say and not based in reality, even the republicans that watched it.

But you are backing donnie up?

Even other trump-ites only thinks it's "probably true".

I guess it distracts people from the disinfectant advice and rape convictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭crusd

Tell, what was the exact moment where your reality diverged from any objective reality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Junior posted this, what a ridiculous country lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

An American woman, not an immigrant. She is suspected of mental health issues or drug abuse resulting in the behavior. So the referenced story amounts to a mentally unwell woman from the US eating a pet. I'm sure it happens. Meanwhile immigrants aren't kidnapping and eating pets as per the claim of Donald Trump. So you're warping a story to fit a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

The fact that Trump has any support in America is testament to how fucked the country is. The guy is clearly insane. He looked completely lost during the debate, was rattled far too easy and came out with the worst sort of Facebook nonsense imaginable. It's absolutely bonkers that he is the Republican candidate. And the worst thing is, he could actually still win !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The endorsement I’d been wanting to see 😁

Solid advice too:

Taylor Swift has endorsed Kamala Harris for president, in a post on Instagram published minutes after the US presidential debate, saying the Democratic candidate would be the “warrior” to fight for the rights and causes she believes in.

“As a voter, I make sure to watch and read everything I can,” Swift wrote on Instagram to her 283 million followers late on Tuesday, adding: “I will be casting my vote for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz in the 2024 presidential election”.

“I think she is a steady-handed, gifted leader and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we are led by calm and not chaos.”

In her statement, Swift encouraged her fans to register to vote.

Swift said she had watched the US presidential debate between Harris and Trump, and urged her fans to do their research on “the stances these candidates take on the topics that matter to you the most”.

She signed off “Childless cat lady,” a reference to comments made by Republican vice-presidential candidate JD Vance. The picture that appeared with the post was of Swift with her cat Benjamin Button, one of three she owns.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/article/2024/sep/11/taylor-swift-endorses-kamala-harris-president-us-debate-cat-lady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Shoog

Is worrying trend across most right leaning supporters to cast oblique references to not accepting the results of democray. This is really Steve Bannon and Trumps legacy to the world - undermine the concept of democracy been an appropriate form of government.

Very chilling when you really think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

That's what I can't understand. I used to regard the US as a great country that, like everywhere else, had a share of misfits (to put it mildly) but I genuinely find it impossible to understand how tens of millions of their citizens can vote for someone who tried to usurp the result of an election and is clearly totally unfit to govern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

Absolutely fricken hilarious that someone on an Irish discussion site is going to believe this. Incredible. 😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Harris is the biggest puppet of all.

She literally cant speak without getting permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

To be fair, the original point they were responding to was making the argument that America isn’t a democracy while the Electoral College exists:

That’s what not accepting the results of a democracy looks like - the results not going their way so it must be the system that’s at fault. There’s no acknowledgment that there are different types of democracy and democratic systems. The criticism of the current democratic process when it doesn’t produce the desired outcome is not solely the purview of Bannon and Trump legacy, it existed long before they were ever a thing.

People like Bannon believe that liberal democracy has had its day. You can look at the so called 'Dark Enlightenment' movement to see the kinds of ideas that he and a fair few other rich reactionaries are subscribing to and the general direction they want the world to go in.

I watched one of the more influential Dark Enlightenment thinkers, Curtis Yarvin, do a podcast not too long ago. He's full of admiration for the old European monarchies, back when they were essentially unanswerable. There were all these history books he talked about having read, but weirdly when it came to discussing why those monarchies fell out of power, he just brushed over it like it was unimportant. I found that hugely telling. Telling because if you're going to argue for a neo-monarchical system now, you'd need to demonstrate what has changed from the time of their fall in the west to the present day. If you can't do that, then I don't know what you're left with other than ultra rich people scared of losing a bit of their money in a more equitable society and getting behind the concept of society being run by an exalted, unanswerable elite, of which they will of course be part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gosh look how many straws they clutch. “I’m not the puppet you’re the puppet” was one of Trumps most infantile lines from his debates with Hillary Clinton.

I think you need a think about what literally means there Mister.

Anyway here’s Putin taking his dog for a walk, literally:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Getting permission from who exactly?

I mean it's abject nonsense but I'm curious to at least see you lay out the nonsense in detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Harris had Trump like a puppet on a string during the debate.

Knew exactly what buttons to press and bang Trump was reduced to old man shouting at the clouds, racist drivel about immigrants eating pets. As easy to manipulate as a small child.

"She literally cant speak without getting permission"

Drivel asserted without evidence, dismissed as such.

I think you are confusing her with Trump, who couldn't speak in his own defence in court, because he'd incriminate himself.

Can't speak eh? You claimed to be bothered by such things in your previous post but of course with Trump it is hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, instead spread whatever scurrilous line of attack you can come up with against Democrats.

Definitive proof it is just another bad faith argument.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-69046433

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

And I'd say this is pushing conspiracy theories as per usual. Harris is perfectly capable of asserting herself and does not have handlers that sign off on what she says...

She showed the world (67 million on television in the U.S. alone, not counting online streaming or social media or global figures according to Nielsen) how easy Trump was to spin up like a spring loaded toy and just watch him bang on his cymbals.

And this is the guy who wants to be left alone in the room with Putin again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Wait. I thought you said Biden was the puppet?

The more you speak about American politics, the less serious I believe you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Nice false equivilence, here's some undenyable facts. Lets start with those shall we and you can retort with your facts that underpin your assertion that Kamala Harris is 'the biggest puppet of all'

The Mueller investigation did NOT exonerate Trump
    The phrase "no collusion* appears nowhere in the Mueller report
    Not only did the Mueller probe discover this, but also a Republican led senate panel found that Russia did, in fact, engage in "information warfare" and attempted to interfere in the 2016 election to the benefit of the Trump campaign and with the intention of damaging Clinton's
    Mueller says the Russians directly targeted our election systems.
    Russian intelligence conducted computer intrusion operations against entities, employees and volunteers working on the Clinton campaign. Translation — Russia used the Internet to fool American voters and hackers to attack Democratic computer networks.
    According to Mueller's report, the Russian campaign began in mid-2014. That's when the employees of what's known as the "Internet Research Agency" first came to the U.S. to gather the material that they would later use in their elaborate interference campaign.
    By the end of 2016, the Russians had set up fake social media accounts that reached millions of voters aimed at promoting Trump or dividing Americans.
    The Mueller report lays out how the Russian interference campaign ensnared real American political operatives, including the Trump campaign and its allies.
    For more than 100 pages, Robert Mueller lays out scores of Russian contacts with the Trump campaign or the Trump presidency.
    According to the report, Russian agents also posed as American citizens and tried to communicate with the Trump campaign to ask them for assistance.
    Despite the reports conclusion, Mueller writes that, "there were numerous links between the campaign and the Russians, that several people connected to the campaign lied to his team and tried to obstruct their investigation into their contacts with the Russians."
    WikiLeaks contacted the Russians privately on Twitter, saying: "If you have anything Hillary-related, we want it in the next two days preferable." And then, on July 22, three days before the Democratic National Convention began, WikiLeaks released more than 20,000 emails and other stolen documents. It was a clear attempt to embarrass Clinton and weaken her candidacy.
    In 2013, Donald Trump takes his Miss Universe Pageant to Moscow. The Mueller report points out, this is how the Trumps got to know Aras Agalarov, a Russian billionaire and ally of Vladimir Putin. He owned the event hall where the pageant was held.
    Things start moving pretty quickly. Within a few months, Donald Trump Jr. signs a preliminary agreement with Agalarov's company to build a big Trump Tower property in Moscow. Trump announces his run for presidency in 2015.
    Mueller points out that, three months later, a new effort to build the Trump Tower in Moscow begins, this time led by Trump's lawyer, Michael Cohen, and developer Felix Sater.
    Meanwhile, Felix Sater tells Michael Cohen he's working with high-level Russian officials. He emails Cohen, saying, "Buddy, our boy can become president of the USA, and we can engineer it. I will get all of Putin's team to buy in on this."
    The Moscow Trump Tower project is just one source of Russian contacts. Mueller outlines about a dozen of them in total. They vary widely.
    Campaign aide Carter Page meets with Russians and gives a speech in Russia.
    Michael Flynn gives speeches in Russia and has numerous contacts with the Russian ambassador, including a discussion of softening sanctions.
    Foreign policy and national security adviser, Jeff Sessions, also meets with the Russian ambassador.
    Campaign chairman Paul Manafort regularly shares internal polling data with a man tied to Russian intelligence.
    Fellow Trump aide George Papadopoulos repeatedly meets with a different man connected to Russian intelligence, who tells Papadopoulos the Russians have dirt on Hillary Clinton.
    Another contact point was the infamous New York Trump Tower meeting on June 9, 2016. That morning, Donald Trump Jr. tells colleagues he has a lead on negative information about Hillary Clinton. Russians pitched the meeting to Trump Jr., claiming they had dirt on Clinton. Trump Jr. responds, "If it's what you say, I love it."
    On Page 77, Mueller writes: "The acting attorney general appointed a special counsel on May 17, 2017, prompting the president to state that it was the end of his presidency."
    The Washington Post revealed that the president is under investigation for obstruction of justice. According to Mueller, three days later, President Trump tells White House counsel Don McGahn to call acting Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to say Mueller has conflicts and can't serve anymore. The president says Mueller has to go. McGahn doesn't comply.
    Mueller outlines in the report that Trump was found to have obstructed justice at least ten times
    Mueller chose not to indict due to the DOJ and Bill Barr's insistence that a sitting president cannot be indicted.
    Another serious charge about the president is that he tried to block Mueller from investigating him or his campaign.
    On page 89, Mueller writes: "Substantial evidence indicates the attempts to remove the special counsel were linked to investigations of the president's conduct."
    On Page 97, "Substantial evidence indicates that the president's effort to limit the special counsel's investigation was intended to prevent further scrutiny of the president's and his campaign's conduct."
    the investigation led to the indictments of 34 individuals
    Trump's campaign staff presented themselves as "attractive counterintelligence vulnerabilities"
    The steel dossier had nothing to do with Mueller's findings. In fact, the first probe began prior to the steele dossier being released and the investigation began in response to Russian cyber attacks on the DNC (find her emails!), and intel describing a Russian plot to reach out to the Trump campaign and provide information on Clinton.
    Trump encouraged Russia on national TV to engage in cyber attacks against Democrats. "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing."
    within five hours of candidate Trump saying those words, Russians largest foreign intelligence service targeted Clinton's personal office for the first time
    Both Rick Gates and Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI
    Roger Stone was charged with obstructing and lying to Congress about his contacts and the release of documents stolen by the Russians.

• Advertisement

And/or to put it bluntly, Meuller indicated he believed he could prove Trump committed crimes such as obstruction of justice, but was limited by the scope of his special counsel mandate to acting upon it while he was in office:

There is a very real likelihood now though his corrupted Supreme Court would consider that obstruction “official acts”

What does it say about Trump then who got butchered like a demented pig live on stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

This seems to be what @MisterAnarchy is alluding to, in the absence of specifying the secret cabal who lets Harris (and Biden for the copy/paste) speak and walk:
    Conspiracy theorists push wild claim that Kamala Harris donned bluetooth earrings to debate (nypost.com)

Same loopers that push the election denialism (that even trump has dropped).

But, even if we say there is an element of truth there (and I don't believe there is), it's again donald who can be manipulated by outside parties more easily rather than Harris, so it's another both sides attempt that's gone plop.

Fact Check:
    Donald Trump as of this moment in time has zero convictions. He does have 34 charges that will likely lead to convictions. But none of them are for "rape"

he has 34 convictions that’s a fact and he’s been found liable for rape that’s also a fact.

• Advertisement

Fact check:
    I cant confirm nor deny this happened

Fact check:
    Trump was not "Butchered like a demented pig live on stage"

It was more like a baking. It felt more like he was "baked like a demented pig live on stage". I felt that Mary Berry was standing behind him

Fact Check counter, counter
    They are charges. Not convictions. As I pointed out though, they are likely to lead to "convictions". But he has zero convictions.

He has 34 charges. 0 convictions

Fact check

Being "liable" for Rape. Is not a conviction. In fact he was never found "liable" for Rape. He was however found "liable" for Sexual abuse and Defamation. Neither of those are Rape.

For something to be a "Fact" it has to be "factual". Saying it is a fact, doesnt make it a fact.

The felony counts have been convictions, he's in the process of appealing the convictions but he is currently a convicted felon. The fact you're so adamant that he wasn't convicted is pretty uninformed.

one could say she made a hot dog 🌭 of him 🤣

• Advertisement

The trial conclusion was he was convicted of those 34 counts, he just hasn't been sentenced yet, do you understand the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭scottser

'She literally can't speak without getting permission'

You're not going to leave that just lying there and not back it up, are you? Because spewing scurrilous muck around the place and not owing it is a very Trumpian way to behave. And you don't want to be known as Mr Anarchy, the mushroom-dicked, tiny-handed rapist, do you?

poster warened and 1 day forum ban applied

Post edited by Beasty on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭amandstu

I wonder did JFK came upon a "cat kill" and drive it up to Springfield ,leaving it in a migrant neighbourhood .

Will Trump release the files on the missing moggie when he is reelected by a huge landslide(a huge salami actually)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Trump had a disastrous night and scored a number of own goals.

"They are going to be executing babies

The immigrants are eating cats and dogs

I have a concept of a plan for healthcare"

He never explained the rationale behind tariffs, maybe he doesn't understand it

He never focused on the economy

He didn't back Ukraine

He gave Orban as a reference.

He was negative in his outook

He allowed Harris to rile him

Fact check

You are correct. It can be called a conviction despite the process not being over. The sentencing hasnt taken place and the appeal is in process so yes fair enough you can call say he is convicted. I retract my statement and will fact check myself>

I am under the impression and maybe wrongly (I am able to admit) that since the process is not over (sentencing and appeal) that he is not convicted yet. That is why I said he is likely to be be convicted. I have never said he wasnt.

For a person who is being so factually inaccurate about those convictions, it's wild that you're so concerned about facts.... Also that sexual assault is a rape in plenty of jurisdictions so it's an odd hill to die on.

Fact check
    Possibly incorrect. At the very least misleading.

Your post is in response to a line "I guess it distracts people from the disinfectant advice and rape convictions."

While I can see why you are "fact checking", it is wise to point out that he has been "judged" to have been guilty and therefore is "convicted" despite the sentencing and appeals not happening yet. These processes are separate to the judgement. You are correct that he was never convicted of rape. He has been convicted. The conviction can be over turned, but as of this moment in time he is a convict.

Fact check better dumb ass

poster may have quoted the wrong post but it is clear they were being abusive towards another user. Warned and 1 day forum ban applied

Mod follow up:

following an explanation from the poster this warning has been reversed

Post edited by Beasty on

Dont say that, the Haitians will be after him 😂

It's misleading to say he's a convicted felon? It isn't... Do you think all convictions aren't really convictions when they can appeal?

You said

"he’s been found liable for rape that’s also a fact."

Wasnt a "fact" though was it?

Not gonna die on any hill buddy. Just pointing out the incorrect statement. I have owned my incorrect statement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement