Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Reserve Recruitment 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭gailgo

I didn’t get the link either and my OOM is in the 60 s I emailed them Monday and still no reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 masterchief22

did anyone get an email earlier today from the Garda HR office about medical clearance and stuff? I got one but got an email 2 minutes later to say that the previous message was recalled.

Unsure on whether to disregard the first email altogether or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 106racehill

I got the email , was wondering the same as you .just got the second email

Post edited by 106racehill on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭popsmoke

I got sorted with the vetting form. I also received the emails.

I'd email again. I got sorted today reference the vetting form.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jopax

That's great popsmoke, at least that's sorted.

I didn't get any other emails, does it mean they are going to start medicals for some but not everyone🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Picky owner

I sent in vetting form yesterday using the link I got last Friday,no email about a date for Medical,did anyone get a date for a medical yet.?

you have to email to book a medical details in the mail today

I didn't get a email regarding booking a medical,my OOM is over 170,so maybe I'm too far down at this stage,did any one high up on the OOM get an email to book the medical,this is getting stressful🥹

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭baldshin

Got the email today re medical etc, but still no reply to my query sent last Friday!

Do you me mind asking if you have a date set for the medical?

I haven't received any email regarding a medical so I'm just wondering why

TIA

I got an email today which was from AGS, it was about the vetting and the medical. It gave details on booking a medical. If you don't get this tomorrow , just send an email to the public jobs email and ask about it.

Thanks popsmoke,

I don't mind waiting as I'm fairly high in the OOM so maybe they are just going through the list that way.

I wish I knew if there was others near my number that didn't hear anything either.

Thanks for replying and good luck with the medical, almost there then.

No date. Just, as above, a link to book one myself.

Started doing the vetting form this evening. I'm a former full member of AGS so have been waiting to hear if I need to redo the whole thing (didn't need to submit much by way of documents to public jobs other than my reg number and confirmation from HQ that I am a former member.)

Getting flashbacks to how detailed the form is and the difficulties I had completing it before (massive family, many out of contact, and well in to double figures for previous addresses.)

Got stuck halfway through trying to find some relatives details so saved the form. Came back to it a while later and it's nowhere to be found, everything back to square one. Honestly if they don't come back to me and accept that they already have my info on file I'm just going to withdraw from the competition. Getting flashbacks to how badly the organisation is run already!

I completed the vetting form yesterday and can honestly say I will never do that again. It took me days to try to get the information together and I still don't know if it will suffice. I have relatives with whom I have no contact with also.

I have more dead relatives than living so that was great fun trying to get into off 🪦 headstones, I kid you not.

I'll just have to wait and see if I get an e mail to book a medical but I'm not holding my breath at this stage.

Best of luck with it, you should sail through it hopefully, keep us posted.

Thanks for the reply.

• Advertisement

police certificates ……ahhhhhh i shouldn't have gone to Australia :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭VonLuck

What does the vetting involve? Is it a case of just listing out a bunch of relatives? If so, how far do you need to go? Parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles and first cousins?

Applicants spouse, parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles and their spouses. Your spouses parents, siblings, uncles, aunts and their spouses, their grandparents too. Also middle names for most people.

The hardest part imo is filling out the relatives details.🥹

Middle names, addresses, dobs etc. Madness really. Couldn't believe when I got to the police certificate section. I lived in Australia for a year and didn't need this when I joined AGS a few years ago!! No chance you'll have that sorted by the deadline. Will be a case of applying and waiting for ages!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Funny as well with the older demographic, you could have a nephew who's running with a crime gang, yet you're providing details of your grandparents who were born before the rising.

• Advertisement

Hi Cian 3187,I got a similar OOM score like you after the interview,just wondering if you got a link for the medical?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Could it now be county based? Last time around those who selected Dublin, moved ahead quicker than those who selected other counties.

I honestly can not believe they are going into such detail on the vetting form for the reserves and I haven’t even got the link yet. I’m beginning to think that Dublin is been put before other county’s. If this is the case it should have been said in the application this would have saved a lot of us applying I think and putting in the prep work for the interview. It’s very misleading having people hanging around waiting for emails

When this recruitment was announced they said it would be a much more up to date than previous ones it’s beginning to to the very same I’m beginning to think twice about the whole thing

I didn’t pick Dublin and got the link . Wonder how they are doing it 🤔

Also not Dublin and got the link. West of Ireland. I've also emailed Helen McEntee and the GRA about the level of vetting required. I didn't need half of this to become a full member! In a period of recruitment and retention crisis, they are really not helping themselves putting up so many barriers to entry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 little mrs

Is anyone else having trouble saving the vetting form. Spent hours on it yesterday. Got to about 57% complete and when I went back to it this morning, it was all gone.

I just left mine open on my tablet for 2 days kept adding and saving and not shutting page down or tablet , and info on it just stayed there and was able to submit

Can I double check. Do we have to provide the details for the spouses of my wifes brothers and sisters. It does seem to mention it, but in the drop down menu, I can't seem to find that title??????

I don't think so popsmoke, they are not listed.

I did not anyway, but that's just the way I took it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 2024_acc_holder

could you give me a heads up on vetting process so I can try get ahead

what details are the looking for is it basically family tree for both sides of family ? Names addresses - how much detail ?

and what’s the process if can’t obtain it ?

I wouldn’t see half my family so contacting them wouldn’t be an option

You need to provide the following for all spouse, children, brothers, sisters, grandparents, sposes grandparents, aunts, uncles and their spouses, your spouses aunts and uncles and their spouses.

Name, middle name, surname, nationality, dob, occupation, address and eircode, whether deceased or not.

And if you can't obtain any details, you have to get an affidavit drawn up stating why.

Post edited by baldshin on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭OL16

It will be where the greatest need is. Dublin will be that. The biggest population areas with the lowest amount of police will be highest up the list. I picked Kilkenny but I suspect I ccould be a while waiting as numbers there are 'good' at present.

I know I'm probably over-thinking this, and I'm showing my age, but I have my medical booked for the end of the month. I take blood pressure tablets that normalise my blood pressure. I will have a letter from my GP stating that fact. I should be ok? right.

Can get quick enough via the Australian Federal Police web site. I suspect you probably know that by now….

Ya, I applied for mine yesterday and they said in about 2 days.

popsmoke did u book your medical in Dublin , emailed 2 days ago still no reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭positron

Lol, my last living grandparent passed away in 1991 (the other three died before I was even born).

Meh, probably won't be a problem anyway as they haven't called me for interview so far (Original OOM 5xx).

Anyone any ideas on New York Police Certs? I rang and they said you can only apply in person!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 AUser987

Thats strange, i'd be middle of the road 5xx original OOM and have my interview closer to the end of the month. May of just been outside the margin, but im sure there'll be more rounds :)

With that being said any interview tips or tricks would be much appreciated by anyone 😅

Should be good to go. (Perspective is from a Healthcare worker).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭positron

Apologies, my OOM is 6xx. Not 5xx as I had .. well.. imagined up. Thanks!

Well, with the interview- just be able to give examples of the competencies. have two examples for each one. Take your time, clarify anything you are unsure of. Have a glass of water at hand. The interview board are very friendly and make the experience welcoming. So practice what you want to say about each competency, and again if you are unsure what the question is , just ask and get clarity- that's part of good communication. All the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 AUser987

Thanks for that Popsmoke, I’ll sure give it me best go anywyas 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Crusher82

My oom is 667 just wondering when do you lads think I'll be lucky enough to get my interview?

Best of luck to all in the competition

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone can answer my question.

For those that got the link to book a medical, who sent you the link?

Was it from gardareserve.ie.?

TIA

Well, its from AGS. The email is for the vetting and for booking a medical -

(hrpd.gardatrainee.info@garda.ie)

Stage 3 is done by AGS. They send you the options of where you want to do the medical ( different medical centres

around the country) , you make the booking yourself. I hope this helps.

Thanks popsmoke, I'll try that email. I have sent emails to the one I posted earlier and haven't got any reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement