Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: "I'm down in the hood, I'm on tik-tok" sez Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭leath_dub

This never happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,271 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I broke the virgin mary, Joe

15:01 now… still going

the T word!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭Tow

Landed on de Virgin Mary…

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

On a positive note: 3 less minutes of Ray today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,073 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

'it's gone 3pm Maura, piss off now, I'm only paid till 3pm. I'm going home. good luck with your problems'

15;02 and still yakking

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭mountain

the unfortunate fact is that Duffy is answering to no one, he’s running his own show, his own topics, interest, hence,

2 weeks of this, 2 weeks of stardust, interspersed with a woman talking about how her husband is ok with her having an affair with another woman.

The show is Grotesque Unbelievable Bizarre and Unprecedented

His new trifocal glasses might actually improve his Buttonmanship skills.

caller !! you forgot 2 weeks of trying to get a bishop dug up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Red Fred

And I'd say Joe has been doing plenty of bishop bashing the past week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,322 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I listened to a bit while driving today.

As I suspected would happen with all the days of calls, the suffering of people gets diluted with everybody that had any bad experience at school (which let's face it, we all have) now ringing Joe. It makes the real stories a bit more hollow that they should.

Today we had a woman who went to a boarding school. Her punishment was getting brown bread and tea in the evening instead of a biscuit or some chocolate with her tea. She didn't have the energy required for netball or orchestra from the brown bread and feels hard done by to this day. Oh the horror of it.

And Joe tries to compare this to a 5 year old kid who got bate so hard he couldn't talk for 3 weeks and ended up with a stammer.

More shameful stuff but then again why should I have expected anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Anyone know why Liveline have different producers even when it is the same subject for days.?

I think they have some people on the team just to get it on their CV but not producers surly.

Post edited by Jeff2 on

It looks like Joe is not getting a trip to the Ploughing this year, so expect him to drag this misery out for another week, at least, as punishment.

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2024/0911/1469512-rte-at-the-ploughing-2024-heres-whats-on/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Wouldn't surprise me if Duffy is trying to destroy LL and have it scrapped when he leaves.

He's a bitter enough man to not want anybody else take over 'his' show.

He was making a few snide comments about "we're hoping to get to the ploughing championships this year" a few weeks back

He's so small minded that I wouldn't be surprised if he devotes a show next week to listeners calling in from the Ploughing who got delayed trying to get out of the carparks à la Electric Picnic.

it's unusual for a man with Joe's farming background not to be attending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭squonk

Joe’s the past. He’s told Kev he’s out the door Nov 25 (with thanks to a previous poster for mentioning this). Why take up a slot with yesterday’s man when you can send an up and coming or current presenter. I’m betting Louise will go and maybe D’Arsey too. Maybe even Claire Byrne.

Besides, people go to the ploughing for a good day out. Nobody wants to talk to Joe about the beatings they got at school or any of his usual crap. Funny Friday is rank but might have been a contender in previous years.

It may even be in the cards to retire LiveLine or reboot with a new format once Lord Fatarse hangs up the headphones.

Did they not have wheel rakes in Ballyer when Joe was a chisler?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Just watching the bounder Hayes there on rte news, has he given up cutting his hair to save the planet, he looks quite well fed too the old cad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Familiarity breeds contempt : the show organisers were quite correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Kalimah

He's at it again - just heard the promo.

It’s official folks, “De Reel Chislers Of De Repubkic” will be de title of De New Buke!

Sadly it does seem the príck is actually angling further a buke outta dis.

you could put up on twitter that your teacher used to fire boomerangs at you in class in the 80's as punishment, and one of the many liveline producers would contact you to tell your story. Absolute drivel at this stage.

Today in Studio S7.1:

• Just Joe, self proclaimed lad of more intelligence than a Wolfe Tone fan.

Possible Topics:

• Little Love in Irish schools: From de 50s, 60s, 70s to de 80s.
    • Herringbone Floor: DTSD nightmare trigger for beaten husband.
    • Children of Republic: Badly Treated in their schools.
    • Teacher's weapons: A new list of teacher's and nun's weapons, including tennis ball in de mouth.

Banned Topics:

• Macrones for de friends of Montrose
    • Welfare raided to fund RTE Digout
    • Wolfe Tone vs Montrose
    • Kneecap de Kneecapping picture
    • State of Hospitals
    • De Missing Ducks of St. Stephen's Green
    • De Unwell
    • De Undocumented
    • RVM Machine Tax
    • Inflation
    • Lack of Doctors
    • Lack of Dentists
    • Lack of Gaffs
    • Lack of punishment for Crime/Goal Accommodation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

There was a famous teacher in galway he got one lad held him out window on the fifth floor one of many things he did

Inspector used come hed say you teach them and went to pub

This is only making money for Joe. He’s getting a bunch of leads and experiences together, getting a load of handy shows out of them and then writing up their experiences with maybe a little bit of research with emphasis on little. He’ll sell the book then making more money off these unfortunates. Fúcking leech.

Not right in the head that lad 🙂👆

But it’s art. He’s probably claiming some artist tax credit.

Joe, I once got smashed into the classroom wall by my maths teacher. Can you add dat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭furiousox

Wonder how the teachers in question feel now?

Regret, or "we were only following orders"?

Psycho b@stards.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭Astartes

What is interesting is that Joe being the person he is would be on the side of the bishops if this was 1970.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Why oh why does Louise bother asking Joe what's coming up on the show when it's the same show every day.

Not condoning the abuse, but anyone in their mid fiftys got whacked, beaten, at school and home, Joe's in his sixties (very young 🤔) and he's making out this is all new to him,

A lot of the reason kids didn't tell their parents was, because their parents and mine would say " they didn't hit you for no reason and you'd get more slaps.

A cousin of mine was very good at hurling at school and the other teams would give him digs with the hurley and be shocked when it didn't bother him.

As he'd say we were getting hit with them every day in school from the teachers,

Joe only getting callers to read out the stories for his twisted pleasure, when he knew it was going on, and more than likely was the teachers pet and the class snitch and probably told the teachers who was playing up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭avfc1874

One woodwork teacher just missed a lads head with a chisel, it cracked a window and said look what you made me do get out 🤔

I always think of that when i watch dodge ball 🤔

Personally I found the lay teachers by far the most violent but that was just in my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,973 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Or at the very least, be entered in one of the show categories.

Bovine or porcine, not entirely sure which.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

this is really disturbing. Did "celebrated local artist" Joe Duffy draw it himself, I wonder?

"Hanging on the clothes knob" seems particularly egregious

The national gallery of fine art have already been in touch I hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Its not that shocking anymore this was a quare old spot back in the day, mid 50s so didn't see much beatings going on, one thing that does stand out to me was our headmaster in primary school was a mad republican and had an awful hatred of the English. 2 teacher school so had him for 3 years and this lad was a lunatic, national anthem sung every day, I think he wanted to deploy his own small army.

• Advertisement
Advertisement