Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Airport New Runway/Infrastructure.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I’ve a friend working for a county council and sometimes I wonder does the fkkr even have a job😂 taking the p*ss is an understatement…. Just anecdotal from me tbf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Pygmie

2 people in a department of over 600. Well, case closed then! 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Flight paths are created in compliance with EASA regulations, which supercede any conflicting national legislation anyway. Member states have to comply with EASA, not the other way around.

The plan for the 10/28 runways was published and made publicly available in 1968. The only thing that has changed since is that they have been shortened from an originally planned 4,000M. These cranks need to accept they should have known what was coming and its their own fault if they are surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭trellheim

While mostly true this is arguing that the cap be removed. Personally I think the airport is hideously overcrowded in all respects both in access and in itself and that FCC have a fair point.

I am arguing for what happens if the cap remains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

You clearly don't know how the civil service operates you clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Well, that definitely proves it. Donald Trump might have a job for you.

Oh bring it back to a trump comment, what a spa

You only need to take a look at the state of public transport in this country to know they haven't a clue before getting into something complicated like aviation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Goodness me, can you not even admit when you are caught out?

You are so one tracked, it’s I’m no expert in aviation but it’s unbelievable how those much more knowledgeable than me point out your errors, yet you rant on & on.

😂 You seem to be the one who's ranting. You ok Hun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭dublin12367

what do you hope to achieve with your posts on here? You’ve been put back in your place multiple times and yet you continuously post incorrrect, untrue statements. I have to ask, why?

It's a discussion forum. Eh, that's the point. You can't seem to handle people having differing opinions to yours. You throw hissy fits when anyone argues against the cap for instance, yet you've never addressed the localized environmental impact on more planes flying through the airport. Instead just throw lazy insults. You also don't acknowledge that the Ministers for Transport, the DOT, and the FCC might (do) have more knowledge than you do, and have good reasons for doing what they're doing. You probably have shares in the airlines or something and see this financially hurting you as you seem totally focused on that aspect of things. You should at least admit to your vested interest.

Exactly, a discussion form. A discussion form I’ve been a part of for a numbers of years, where I’ve learnt a lot from other posters who happen to know more than me in a different areas of the aviation field. I would suggest you take the time to review all of the posters that have responded to you and you might actually learn something. Otherwise, there is zero point in you posting on here unless your only goal is to troll.

Your points have been discussed and disputed numerous times now by a large number of posters. Not one poster has backed your points up. I’m not throwing a hissyfit at all but when you repeat the same points time and time again after being told you’re incorrect it gets very tiring. As for your last two sentences - lol.

To finish, a junior minister for transport suggesting Weston as an option for commercial flights with a runway length of 900 meters isn’t someone with a lot of aviation knowledge.

Again you avoid and don't answer the points that don't fit your narrative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

You'd have to wonder who the other registered user is.

I recall purposefully obtuse people were dealt with once upon a time on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The route out of this farce appears to be for the DAA to announce the airport will be closed from November to January. All flights cancelled, workers temporarily laid off to comply with the cap. Then the clock can restart in January.

The ferocity of the backlash, the alarm in government will be so huge for every TD that cap will be gone within days.

They need to be forced in to action and that is the quickest way to deal with the paddy politics that is now damaging the reputation and credibility of this state in such a public way.

We are a laughing stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Scrap the cap!

sorry, I’m not going to lower myself to your name calling.

Agreed. There's far too much hyperbole about what will happen if there cap isn't scrapped. Not one person has countered my argument about the FACTUAL localized environmental effect (both noise and emissions) that increasing the cap will have. Yes, that cap wasn't introduced for environmental reasons, I have heard that argument BUT the world has moved on since then and I think the cap IS mitigating those effects somewhat. These are facts conveniently ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Of course there will be a localized environmental effect on noise and emissions with the cap lifted, that is the cold hard reality of progress. Thankfully both noise and emission regulations in aviation are second to none these days so impact should be minimal.

The cap is based on vehicle movements around the road network at the airport, it doesn't matter what happens with noise and emissions. They fall under a different set of regulations and rulings and are judged on those conditions.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure I see where you're getting the term 'minimal' from? For far too long people have discounted environmental impacts because of 'progress' and this is what has the world in the shape it's in. It's time to take responsibility. And any localized impact, however minimal, will still be more than the alternative of using the other regional airports.

These aircraft that otherwise would be serving Dublin....you do realise they'll just use other airports in other countries instead right? The cap saves zero carbon emissions.

Or is it that you just don't want these aircraft in your back yard?

I get the impression that this person doesn’t care what happens, he/she is only interested in NIMBYISM

Well I do say 'localized environmental impact' so I'm not hiding the fact that you can't have that minimized without it not being in my back yard (I'm actually not THAT near the airport but admit it is my closest airport). It's not just about carbon emissions though, it's also about noise pollution. Both of these will be be affected by the increase in the cap, in the area around the airport. It is up to other countries to take responsibility for their airports. The DOT can only affect Irish airports.

So you think we should let the Irish economy stagnate and cost us thousands of jobs and millions in investment because some people who were told this was coming in 1968 don’t like the sound of planes?

Thats unhinged. There’s no reasoning with someone like that. If I bought a house near a train line and started whinging about the noise from trains, I would expect to be ignored, and rightfully so

Yet more hyperbole. You're listening to Michael O'Leary too much.

I’m from Newbridge & live about 500mts from the train line. The Dublin-Cork train flirs through twice an hour horn blaring, yet ask any local and the answer is likely to be ‘what train’. This individual is using any excuse to further their own aims.
    oh and Newbridge is more of less in the direct flight path of the 30 odd flights a day to North America. Yet it feels like the planes are silent.

Newbridge is in Kildare! 😂 How high are the planes when they are flying over Newbridge?! Of course you're not going to hear them!!

And it's easy to talk about the evils of NIMBYism in regards to Dublin airport when you live in Newbridge.

Saying something doesn't make it so.

Every aircraft based in Dublin leads to the employment of hundreds of staff directly between Pilots, Cabin Crew, Engineers, Baggage Handlers, Caterers, Cleaners etc. It also creates indirect jobs at the airport, anyone in services etc.

That aircraft is going to bring in more tourists, who will support Taxi drivers, hotel workers, restaurant and bar workers, etc.

Direct flights between city pairs encourage business based in one to open their regional HQ in the other. Dublin is the fifth busiest airport in Europe for flights to North America after Heathrow, Frankfurt, Charles De Gaulle and Amsterdam. Do you really think Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Munich etc wouldn't have more flights than Dublin if it wasn't for all the US multinationals here?

Virtually every flight that leaves Dublin has freight in the hold. Virtually all the medicine and medical devices made on this Island for export leave via Dublin airport. Same story with most of the high end food. We know how vital all these companies are for our country, they employ hundreds of thousands of people here and are critical for our exchequer. If they were to up sticks and leave because they can't grow their exports, we're back to the 1970s.

But you don't want to hear airplanes so none of this matters of course.

• Advertisement

I’m confused on your position on this if you could help me out please.

You’re ok with the idea of more flights from Ireland as long as they are from the regional airports, not Dublin? Or you don’t want more flights from the island full stop?

If the former, what about the local impact for Shannon and Cork with more flights? Does that not matter as long as they won’t be over you? I.e. NIMBY

If you don’t want more flights full stop from Ireland because of the emissions and local impacts, I presume you yourself haven’t flown in the last decade and will not fly again out of consideration for the poor people under the flight paths. I presume you don’t drive or have a car, as think of the emissions from that. You grow all your own food as a result of the emissions from farm animals and machinery. Your house has no electricity/ wifi/ electronic devices such as laptops and phones as think of the environmental foot print there.

Which one is it? Would appreciate the clarification.

well, you are the one emitting NIMBY pollution.

And FYI I am not a crow so don’t know the distance from St Margaret’s to Newbridge, but it’s less than 50 Km away from Dublin by road so how high up is a plane in 40-50 kms?

cannot be the second one as this individual seems to be quick in replying meaning he/she has Wi-Fi & electricity.

Address the point about the trains so you moron.

Ps I'm gonna cut down your "wrong way DAA" signs which ironically don't have planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bussywussy all you have is abuse, you have no argument.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wow. You guys really are a 'Everyone who disagrees with me is Hitler' bunch. All I'm saying is that we've gotten on perfectly fine with the cap the way it is up to now and there's way too much reliance on Dublin airport so it makes sense for the regionals to get some of the future excess. Lots of people, including people in charge, see it the same way. Go ahead with the name-calling though. Water off a ducks back here!

It's an Aviation and Aircraft forum and you're asking questions about trains. And you call me a moron! 😂

Pretty high I reckon. High enough not to hear I would think. I believe you when you say you're not a crow.

• Advertisement

only speaking for myself, but it’s you who is name calling.

Time to stop feeding the troll folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Power outage at Dublin airport T2 this morning. A bit of a mess to say the least.

2 pages ago you stated the following to me

😂 You seem to be the one who's ranting. You ok Hun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Very rare to have a power outage at the Airport as much as it would be at Beaumont Hospital? And would the Diesel backup generators not have kicked in within minutes? Though maybe are just for the ATC and ramp areas…

edit: "The nature of the outage caused an issue with the airport's back-up generators, which resulted in some delays for passengers checking-in at T2."

Taken from The Journal:
    SUNDAY SHUTDOWN

Power outage resolved at Dublin Airport but passengers warned of queues at Terminal Two

Passengers have reported long waits at bag check-in and security in the terminal.

A POWER OUTAGE at Dublin Airport has been resolved but passengers travelling from Terminal Two are being warned of potential delays persisting as they make their way through the airport this morning.

Passengers have reported experiencing long waits at bag check-in and security in the terminal. Queues were seen stretching outside of the terminal building into the car park area.

The airport suffered a loss of power in parts of Terminal Two due to an ESB power outage in north Co Dublin.

In a statement, the airport authority confirmed that the power issue has now been resolved.
    “The nature of the outage caused an issue with the airport’s back-up generators, which resulted in some delays for passengers checking-in at T2,” it said, adding that “most flight operations continued as normal throughout the incident”.

It apologised to passengers who were inconvenienced by the issues.

“Dublin Airport’s teams worked to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and to ensure the return of power to T2,” it said.

“Following the resumption of power to T2, queues continue to ease but some delays are likely for the remainder of Sunday morning.

“As always, passengers seeking updates regarding specific flights should contact their airline directly.”

Didn't mean anything bad by that. From Google: 'Meaning of hun in English: short form of honey'

No offense meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Economics101

Looking for what I thought should be the obvious source of information on the outage, I tried the Airport website. Nothing (at least if there was something it was well hidden). Why are public bodies such poor communicators?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

"Some" Q's!!!!

US CBP Q is wrapped around the shopping area.

Every US flight will be late.

I wonder if there any such thing as a emergency plan with the DAA. Staff doing their best but no crowd organization leading to q skipping which makes everyone cross and frustrated. Very few announcements and DAA app showing everything on time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement