Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election - read the warning in the OP posted 18/09/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Republicans will never blame the guns anyway.

It's always an instant scramble to find anything mental health related or what party the suspect supports 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

He literally tweeted All Lives Matter which was the complete antithesis of what anyone pro BLM would tweet... He seemed to hold views that were pretty diverse and not unique to the Dems or GOP TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

He was a Republican Democrat..

Similar to Trump so!

Got proof for him being a registered Democrat? Thanks... Conspiracy theorist and a fantasist are the clearest aspects of him IMHO. Antivaxx and the idea of him recruiting former members of Al Qaeda to send to Ukraine sounds delusional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

You know if the tables were turned, I bet Trump would say something like, "You know what they say, third times the charm. I hope it doesn't happen."

Uh huh, sure he wouldn't.

Anyway, the dude is a registered independent, and a proper anti-vax, all lives matter odd job.

• Advertisement

Also just to clarify @Redliketoast , he appears to be unaffiliated and not a registered Democrat. He did vote in Democrat North Carolina primaries but anyone who is unaffiliated can do so.

Check the notes on this tweet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,109 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Not winning the lotto is disappointing, but nothing can compare to the disappointment of being MAGA and finding out a would-be assassin is not an LGBT/Trans/Black/Latino/Haitian/Registered Democrat/Swift supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Deub

You are correct. You know what they say: Money doesn’t buy class and Trump is the living proof of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭Dingaan

He was an active donor to ActBlue, a political action committee that supports Democratic candidates.

Some samples from his now gone Twitter account. Somebody took a screenshot of them all. Link to full lot below it. His repeated efforts to broker peace between the US and North Korea by inviting Kim Jong Un to stay with him, honestly just sounds like the guy has not been well for a very long time. It all sounds very delusional so pinning him as either a Dem or GOP member is irrelevant IMHO.

https://i.imgur.com/MU5PECk.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭hometruths

If this is the level of discussion and debate in Ireland, it is truly terrifying to imagine what is like in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

I tell you what's mire terrifying is the headbangers there threatening to take up arms if Trump loses. i saw that on sky news about 2 weeks ago and it was unreal. I think that no matter who wins over there, the US is in for 4 very tough years. I believe Trump will win, though I dont think either of them is the right president that the US needs either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,120 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Anti-vaxers/All Lives Matter fruitloops are 99.9% Republican.

His actual tweets do end up sympathizing with BLM. But overall, he reads as manic tbh. Believes himself to be incredibly important etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,120 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And that instability would line up seamlessly with the MAGA leader and his flip flopping big mac fueled CAPs LoCK tweets.

Maybe Routh has less convictions than Trump and it was just the criticism of Swift that pushed him over the edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yep - before the debate even, I “predicted” Harris would win - I’ve moved away from that now. It’s not because Harris isn’t a good candidate in herself- I believe she is - but this election seems to be a battle of right over left- nothing more. Harris talking about taxes or the economy or how she’ll make peoples lives better or her policies is just folly at this stage - I don’t think anyone is in listening mode anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This is flat out Bullsh*t.

Both the last guy and this guy were clearly more aligned with Trump and the GOP, both of them voted for him in the past.

What basis have you for blaming anyone on the left for these incidents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,804 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The main problem is this, takes the oxygen from the media and Harris with time being the enemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Call me a cynic, or even a conspiracy theorist, but I can't help feeling, this is straight out of Fr Ted, "We'll have a second Mass".

Trumps team: The only story of the week is Harris, we need to get the headlines focussing on us.

Trump: Man, I just want to play golf.

Trumps Team: Thats it! A second assasination attempt, while he is golfing. It will guarantee us the news cycle for the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Their political affiliation is not the issue. There are millions of supporters of both Harris and Trump yet only 2 people have tried to make an attempt on his life. So clearly political affiliation in not the reason for the attacks.

Mental health & access to weapons appear to be much more of a cause. But then America doesn't want to talk about that. Far easier to blame the other party.

And how come Trump doesn't just accept these attacks as simply a fact of life or something he needs to move on from. Rather than his supporters getting annoyed an upset surely giving up their thoughts and prayers is more than enough!

The above of course is said ironically, mimicking the lines that Trump, Vance and the right trot out whenever some schoolkids get blasted as they walk from Home Ec to Science class.

• Advertisement

Speaking of conspiracy theories, it looks like the Asassination on Trump thread has now gone out of sync too. Coincidence?

All these stunts that deprive the Harris campaign of oxygen are helping Trump win.

Sorry to say, but I am moving from Harris winning back to 49/51 Trump…

It's not even her fault. She did a good debate, she picked a good running mate, she's been running a mainly positive campaign, she's campaigning where it mattered, and she has the money and celebrity backing.

Trump on the other hand has not run a positive campaign. He's backed by the Christo-fascist plan of Project 25, his rallies are 3/4 empty, but still all the signs are pointing to a Trump win. America is bonkers.

I wouldn't want to be in Harris' team right now. I'd be bald as a coot. I'd be like Cartman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I posted above that I reckon people are no longer in listening mode with this latest debacle - you’re right but I’m not sure what Harris can say to influence any remaining undecided. A sit down interview, a video message - yes she should be doing all of that and more - but that’s the playbook for normal times - what do you think Harris should be “saying” at this stage ? What key points need to be landed and how?
    im probably in defeatist mode now- I can’t see her saying or doing anything that will alter the outcome of this election

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Redliketoast

Yes he tweeted all lives matter once. But that was in the height if riots. His tweets were more aligned with blm than anti blm. Not that it matters.

His tweets were also pro biden harris

Again.... and all of my posts say this it doesn't matter if he wss dem or rep. He wss anti Trump. The anti trumpers are OK with wanting him dead and that is an issue.

Since 2012 he was registered as an independent. There was a report of someone of the same name in Caroline of being democrat but it looks like that wss a different person. The real Ryan seems to be an independent who heavily backed Tulsi Gabbard when she ws a demo. He is a big backer in actblu and has made 19 contributions since 2019. he did say he voted for Trump in 2016 but that and the one all lives matter tweet, seem yo be outliers from the rest of his persona.

As I keep saying. His political affiliation is not an issue. There are nut jobs on both sides. Thinking any different makes you that nut job. Statistically there can't nit be nut jobs on both sides. But the killing attempted murder needs to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Redliketoast

I think this can help Harris if she plays it right. The quick tweet last night was important. I don't trust her at all but if i am wrong and she is genuine, then that shoupd shine through here. The country is crying out for someone that will unite them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,109 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Lads lads lads, deep breaths.

Each week for trump is getting worse.

He's got his more court dates and damaging information to be released.

He is spiralling.

Vance is a disaster.

His debate was so bad he pulled out of future ones.

Yes, he still has his MAGA base, but I still believe the majority of independents plus ALL Dems will go Harris' way.

I still reckon she'll get by.

Hopefully the Taylor Swift endorsement will be the silent killer for the trump campaign. She has cult like status among her Swifties. People who had no intention of voting at all, will vote Harris to emulate their idol.

As we have discussed in other threads, 18-40 year olds are not being accurately polled, so their intentions are not going to be known until election day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I would go the other way and say Trump looks like a busted flush. He sounds tired and lacking energy and relying solely on negative campaigning about immigrants and all the rest, actively courting the racist vote. There's not much of a positive vision there or a sense he is bringing something fresh to the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,804 ✭✭✭✭Water John

There are still people who'd like to vote Harris but are financially, feeling the pinch, in everyday living. She needs to address that with a plan. I'll do this, this and this. The rest of it is a ground war, in the swing states and getting out the vote.

• Advertisement

I think the Harris team need to be doing even more.

Someone said free concerts.

Yes, absolutely. Get Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, the other stars that are supporting her to do a roadshow of support in the swing states.

It'll be infuriating if there was money left in the campaign coffers (and there should well be more than enough for concerts) and they didn't try everything to get out the vote.

Advertisement