Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

”Unwell” is how I’d see this guy too- son texted CNN saying it was completely out of character - I know we need to wait on a full investigation but I get the impression he was/is a loving father and he needs medical intervention more desperately than he needs a criminal intervention- I know he has to pay the price for his actions but unfortunately there’s probably even more dangerous people out there than him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Talk about your goslings coming home to roost…

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Absolutely happy to compare.

Did Walz admit live on TV that he would continue to make up stories about Immigrants for political gain??

Did Walz lie about a dead child and when confronted about those lies and shown a video of the childs father calling him out by name for those lies still refuse to apologize for the lie and just doubled down on his "The immigrants are ruining the country" hate speech?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If I was part of management for any of these artists, I'd tell them stay the hell away from any such roadshow.

Hastily arranged, in an extremely volatile political climate, and likely competing 'ownership' of security around such events. Particularly in Taylors case after having to cancel shows because of security concerns, I'd say categorically no to being involved in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

One side has the nut jobs as are their reps and candidates.

Republican leaders whipping up racial hysteria with admitted lies... same on January 6th. Joking public ly about the Pelosi attack.

Have you seen scumbag liar Vance admitting to lying to whip up racial hysteria? You seem to be feigning ignorance of this.

The man is a coward. Doesnt even defend his own wife when she is subject to racism from Republicans. A pathetic stooge bought amd paid for by Thiel.

One side wants nut jobs to have assault rifles.

Another epic fail at both sides false equivalence.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I get that a child loves their parents and wants to protect them and to see the good in them etc. , but this guy has a very long history of issues and arrests.

He has a long history of calling for violent action to "solve" issues, so calling this incident "out of character" seems a more than a little "rose tinted" viewpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Redliketoast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,554 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No one cared last time, except those weirdos who put bandages on their ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭Christy42

It is just pointing out that Trump's own policies are having negative effects for Americans including himself.

The stuff about the dead child was correct. It was an illegal immigrant. The father's point was more that it doesn't matter who the person was but what they did. But from a political stance it does matter.

ThThere is a huge issue in the states and globally regarding illegal immigration. Coincidentally a lot of it caused by America in the first place.

Again, try watching him talk instead of reading biased headlines. When you watch you can 100% call him a dhead, but at least you cam see for yourself.

• Advertisement

Walz and Harris both said the blm violence was justified.

The left and the left msm have continuously called Trump a threat to democracy. They have claimed that "we can't allow him to be elected". You dont think thats hysteria?

They tried tonshut down free speech. The tried to stop Elons interview. They put pressure on facebook to suppress the hunter biden stuff. The pressured the NY times to suppress it and the clinton stuff.

IIt is the dems who are making the immigration issue a racial issue. Illegal immigration can be a thing without being racist. You get that right?

I mean you are yhe one claiming it is racial. What did he day that was racial? Or wss it just against illegal immigration?

No you are trying to use something as a dig but not really making any point what so ever.

More assault rifles ended up on the streets under Obama than any other president.

Obama militarised the police which is why he doesn't like Harris. They view things differently.

But yea let's say its the republicans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Fair enough - as I said needed to wait on full investigation - so looks like this is a standard guy gone AWOL from society

The left and the left msm have continuously called Trump a threat to democracy. They have claimed that "we can't allow him to be elected". You dont think thats hysteria?

Considering what happened on January 6th, no, I dont consider it hysteria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭Christy42

You can have a discussion about illegal immigration without being racist. If you start lying about them eating cats and dogs then hey you got racist territory right there. If Trump/Vance try and have a serious conversation about immigration then it can be spoken about like that. Nonsense lies about foreigners is absolutely racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

He wasn't murdered, it was an accident. Secondly he wasn't in the US illegally. So nope, you're once again getting the facts wrong. From a political perspective he was lying, exploiting a tragedy and targeting a specific community for his racist ends. It's unsurprising which posters buy into the racism though.

There's a certain irony in the fact that you kept emphasizing your passion about being factually accurate. But you've actually come out with plenty of lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Not in the slightest, however if he didn't sign that bill then maybe he wouldn't be the subject of two assassination attempts, not to mention all those who did die because of that bill he signed.

Consequence of his actions

There's a specific reason that guns sold higher under Obama. Generally conspiracy theorists, the likes of Fox and gun manufacturers pushed conspiracy theories that he was gonna take all the guns.

I've seen no proof that Obama dislikes Harris btw. Is this you making up **** again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,007 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Aren't you the same poster who put the disgusting post saying Trump's team set this up

Btw the shooter was clearly a Trump hater and big fan boy of Biden/Harris even making excuses for Hunter.

Some people won't be happy until Trump is dead and you will still make it his fault.

Firstly he was murdered. Involuntary manslaughter is murder. If itvwas my child I would be saying murder. In fact the father also said " I wish it was a white guy who murdered my son" using the word murder. So yes it was murder. You don't get 13 years in prison for an accident.

Secondly Vance actually didn't say illegal. He said Haitian immigrant which he was. He blamed Kamala for the open border policies.

Also what lies have I said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,750 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Walz and Harris both said the blm violence was justified.

Did they? What exactly did they say?

Trump is a threat to democracy. He tried to overturn an election result and has called those who attempted to lynch the VP and other representatives as patriots. Has has continually claimed that the democratic system in the US is a fraud. What would you consider a threat to democracy if not someone who outright tries to overturn it?

Shut down free speech? Do you remember when Trump got his buddies in the media to bury negative stories about him so that he could win the 2016 election?

How did they try to stop Elons interview? Did they attempt to shut down Twitter? Facebook come under pressure all the time but only accepts it when it is clear the story is without any facts. Which the Hunter Biden laptop story is.

Are the Dems making immigration a racial issue? SHithole countries, sending their worst, rapists and killers. Eating pets. Immigrants are to be feared.

Trump is against Muslims, if believes there are certain things are 'black jobs'. He has a history of racism. From refusing blck people to rent in his buildings to running the ad trying to get the Park 5 put to death. He ran with the theory that Obama was not really American because of what? His ability to play basketball? The fact he was born in Hawaii? Or do you think it might have been the colour of his skin? He recently said that Harris only recently 'became black'. Good grief. What more evidence do you need that the man is a racist?

I have watched and yes , he is a horrible dickhead whose opinions are readily available to the highest bidder.

The stuff about the child was not "correct", not even close.

Vance said he was murdered , he wasn't, he was killed in a motor vehicle accident.

The person involved was not an illegal immigrant , he is in the country 100% legally and properly.

Vance saw a story about a Brown person involved in the death of a child and LIED about it to further his political views, not caring about how those lies and hate would impact the family of the boy.

Even when the Childs parent begged him to stop lying and using his child for political gain , he refused.

He went on and on about how "Immigrants are destroying Springfield" when the residents of Springfield say the opposite.

He is a ghoul who will say whatever he thinks he needs to to further his hateful viewpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A terribly logical and factual post.

Therefore,

regrettably it won't be replied to in good faith.

You think I am making stuff up about Obama not liking Harris? Wow lad. That's pretty common knowledge that Obama wasnt backing Harris.

As for the gun reasons. Why are gun sales not up right now then as people think Harris will take them?

Facts are facts. More guns went on the streets under Obama than Trump or any other president.

But then again lies and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Vance is on TV saying he will make stuff up to get attention.

Zero credibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭scottser

I genuinely would love to see Trump dead, by whatever means. His life brings no joy, no positivity, nothing of any worth to anybody. He sows hatred for profit, and there is a special place in hell for people like him.

Poster warned and 3 day forum ban applied

Post edited by Beasty on

Wait, you think he didn't have to sign the bill? You believe that dont you.

Did he want to sign it? Probably. Very very likely.

Did he have a choice? No. Not in the slightest.

Legally, no it is not classified as murder. You also misquoted the father "“I wish that my son, Aiden Clark, was killed by a 60-year-old white man. I bet you never thought anyone would say something so blunt, but if that guy killed my 11-year-old son, the incessant group of hate-spewing people would leave us alone,” he then went onto say “I will listen to them one more time to hear their apologies. To clear the air, my son, Aiden Clark, was not murdered. He was accidentally killed by an immigrant from Haiti. This tragedy has been all over this community, the state and even the nation. But don’t spin this towards hate,”.

So I've actually caught you out on multiple lies including claiming father saying his son was murdered. It's incredibly dishonest and manipulative to take advantage of a tragedy like that. You're also the person claimed the man was an illegal immigrant. So lots and lots of dishonesty.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/sep/11/trump-vance-ohio-aiden-clark

The offence here would probably be "Dangerous Driving causing death" and under US law it goes under involuntary manslaughter.

A terrible thing and the guy was rightly jailed , but the vile attempts to make it about Immigration are just that - Vile.

It's using someone elses tragedy to further a hateful political rhetoric.

The vileness is further compounded by the refusal to stop doing it when asked by the family.

If they actually cared about the community and the people they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.

They need hatred and division to be "successful" so they will stop at nothing to keep the hate alive.

• Advertisement

When you are president you can sign bills or you can veto them. That is why people elect the person they think will have the best judgement for matters like this. If he genuinely did not have a choice, then he and whoever is pushing his buttons is a threat to democracy.

Advertisement