Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election - read the warning in the OP posted 18/09/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,195 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"You think I am making stuff up about Obama not liking Harris? Wow lad. That's pretty common knowledge that Obama wasnt backing Harris."

You mean the Obama who backed Harris? Is he the Obama who wasn't backing Harris? The Obama who posted a video along with Harris' campaign showing him backing Harris a few days after she became the presumptive nominee? The Obama who spoke at length at the Democratic Convention about how he was backing Harris? That Obama?

The only people who were claiming Obama wasn't going to back Harris were those trying to jump on that because Obama didn't immediately publicly back Harris. However Obama knows better than to back one candidate when others could still have announced their intention to run for the nomination which would be voted for at the DNC. When it became clear that nobody was going to be able to beat Harris, he backed her. That doesn't mean he doesn't like her, it just means the backing of a former President is important, and Obama was likely waiting to ensure he didn't back someone who then wasn't the Democratic candidate.

Speaking of former Presidents; Obama is backing Harris. Biden is backing Harris. Clinton is backing Harris. Jimmy Carter is backing Harris. And yet George W. Bush isn't backing Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭Dingaan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Wait, what? I thought Harris was the puppet.

But now Trump is simply the puppet being forced to sign bills? By whom exactly? And for what purpose? And why didn't Trump, the greatest negotiator ever, push back and stand his ground? We know Trump is very transactional, so what did Trump get in return for agreeing to this?

This is quite the hornet's nest you've kicked. Why would anyone vote for a POTUS that is so weak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,105 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

This is deluded nonsense you are arguing against a strawman. Proof you are incapable of debating the points put to you.

You think people dont notice how you feign ignorance of January 6th and Trump inciting political violence? When he has publicly admited it was lies and he knew he lost.

So yes it is proven that Trump is a threat to democracy. He tried to subvert last election result and we see in Project 2025 what he will do if elected. Project 2025 from his political associate.

In the current campaign Vance has said he will make up stories about immigration to get in into media.

Included in that is the racist drivel about pets. Which has led to racisp hysteria and bomb threats.

So yes it is racial and dont pretend otherwise.

You know it isnt white people in their sights. It is racist dog whistling.

You get that right?

When Trumps media accounts post memes about immigrants they are always people of colour. It is racism plsin and simple.

Just like the racist drivel from Trump about Harris and her mixed heritage.

Why you going to bat for a lying racist dog whistler?

Also Vancd is bought and paid for by Thiel. And Trump is in "Elons" pocket too.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Yes, you are making it up along with the numerous other things you've made up. Including modifying a quote of a man who's child died but sure it's politics. Since Obama has endorsed her and you've produced no proof, this is just another thing that you've made up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I think this thread needs some humour- even dark humour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,015 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

repeating what the FSA is doesn’t change the argument, you’re skipping over the Politico reporting that he had to be dragged into supporting it and now disavows it.

and crime is down in the current admin unless you have something new to add.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna156573

Just an FYI, Fox News re-airing the same TikTok video of a crime 100x is still only the one instance of crime, not hundreds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I work in the live events area. It's amazing what people can pull off when there's little time.

A road show of 6 cities over the last 2 weeks of October would absolutely be possible, but you'd need to start putting it together this week.

We work by a golden rule in events.

Money, time, crew. You can do any event with two of those three things.

Also, you really think a billionaire who's aware of security and the veep secret service wouldn't be able to work together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,695 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So you're saying the seat of the president holds no power?

Gentlemen we've another entry to the wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,109 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It remains a mystery who is stoking violence in America at the moment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Redliketoast

Wow Leroy there's a lot here so let me see if I can respond to as much as possible without heating the subject.

Firstly real racism is never ok. Ever.

Seconly racism on the left is always a fishing expedition. They try to find racism in issues.

I also want to point out that I am responding to what you said but it doesn't mean I agree with any of it.

He never refused black people as tenants. They were refusing tenants from a lower class. Many were black. Many were also white. It was a classist issue not a racial one. It was done to maintain high property rates by not accepting our version of rebt allowance type people.

He did talk about yhe birther conspiracy that was brought up long before Trump. But that wss not based on skin color. If you can find any quote where he is talking about his skin color I will retract right away. The dems made it about skin color and claimed he was being racist. You can be foreign with it being a racial issue.

The kamala stuff he doesn't give a S what she is. His comments were that she always said she was something else. She only started playing the black card when she wanted to be the next obama. She never called herself the first black DA etc. Her campaign and marketing used it because it suited. He was asked about it by the balck journos. He never brought it up. He was asked, he answered, they were outraged.

The park 5 were 5 lads who were accused of brutally raping a woman. At the time everyone thought they did it. Everyone. But then again selective faux outrage.

He hates Muslims? When did he say that?

He doesn't believe there are "black jobs". Stop only reading headlines. He was talking to black people saying these are your jobs that are been taken. Very obvious to anyone who actually watched or listened.

Yes the dems are making illegal immigration a racial issue. Illegal immigration is an issue. Nobody is calling them the n word or saying that they are gang banging. It's the dems who are insinuating that you can only speak bad about illegal immigrants if you are racist. The pet eating is extreme but has happened. Not in Springfield but a couple of miles away. I mean not exactly the gotcha!!

You think the Hunter Biden laptop stuff wasnt real? It wss used as evidence against him in his felony case, what are you on about? It was very real.

The EU sent Elon a letter saying tagt he could be arrested should any lies appear on his interview. The white house press started asking if the white house was able to stop the interview. Elon has shown letters from the US and EU regarding not airing the interview.

He never tried to overturn the election. He didn't start the riot. He didn't plant the bombs (I'm sure your thinking what pipe bombs because you don't read both sides). He also didn't start the riots that lasted for months after he became president. The riots because he won.

Harris and walz both said the blm protesters had every right to stand up and fight. But let's pretend the violence comes from one side.

Which side tried to get rival candidates off the ballet?

Which side stopped candidate's from getting SS protection?

Which side doesnt want voters to prove they are thebperson they say they are?

Which side didn't even give their side a chance to pick their nominee?

The democrats are the biggest problem in American politics right now. The democrats would prefer to not even have elections because they do not respect the view of the people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Trumps supporters are all supposedly on the edge of civil unrest so the smart money is on executing the man, that'll calm them all down.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The democrats are the biggest problem in American politics right now. The democrats would prefer to not even have elections because they do not respect the view of the people.

If you're going to post stuff like this, can you put it at the start of your post instead of at the end, will save us having to read the whole thing.

It 'could' be done, that doesn't mean it 'should' be done.

For the likes of Taylor, its a risk/reward type assessment and a hell of a lot of risk for very little reward. Her tour is the most sold out in history. If she was to be involved in a series of shows like this, there'd be pandemonium in terms of tickets, all leading to more risk of something occurring.

It would still be a no for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,554 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They will just move to the next snake oil sales man who will tell them what they want to hear.

The reality is, Trump if he doesn't win in November will only have limited security relative to a sitting POTUS going forward, maybe it is time for a bit of self reflection and maybe consider toning down whipping up the crazies.

I imagine the likes of Taylor Swift will have to do an audit on her security after the imbecile rage posted he hates her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭scottser

He never tried to overturn the election?

Seriously?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Can they even see the sunlight that far down the rabbit hole?

Christ on a bike….

there’s so much diatribe in that post. That’s just the poop icing on that shyte cake. All of it patently disinformation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

You trying to extend your list of mistruths and lies? Guess you never were that on factual discussions after all.

Tell it to the Republicans trying to kill him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,109 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I think that a lot of the pessimism existing now around the Harris campaign is caused by the same anxiety which existed at the time of the discussion regarding Biden stepping down.

Everyone was, back then, extremely anxious about him being removed because of the uncertainty that would bring, purely based on the prospect of Trump getting in.

It's the same now.

It would be a complete disaster if he got in, but that doesn't equate to her not having a hope of winning it.

Her path to me is clear.

Tackle inflation, and implement the terms of the bi-partisan bill on the border.

They are the two areas where certain people perceive, albeit incorrectly, Trump is stronger.

Other than that, commit to no other policies, do no other debates, minimise interviews and continue with the rallies.

To those worrying about her prospects of winning... Ask yourself this.

If you had a choice between your preferred candidate, given the state of play and what is coming, would you chose Trump, or Harris?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭bog master

@Redliketoast

He never refused black people as tenants. They were refusing tenants from a lower class. Many were black. Many were also white. It was a classist issue not a racial one. It was done to maintain high property rates by not accepting our version of rebt allowance type people.

Kinda have to disagree about that!

https://apnews.com/events-united-states-presidential-election-6349efef6986435b95411dc2e8f8f2c4

that all sounds “rational” - but it’s hard to find a listening ear for such rationality right now

• Subscribers Posts: 41,822 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I would have called it outright lies, but I suppose 'disinformation' is a less pointed way of saying it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Indeed - Apparently the Obama birtherism wasn't racist either.

If it wasn't about Obama being Black , he'd have been asking the White guy running for President with the Foreign parent that wasn't born in the US the same questions , right?

Trump was asking Rafael Eduardo Cruz (Born in Canada to an American mother and Cuban father) to produce his birth cert and sending detectives to Canada to track down evidence as well right?

Wasn't he??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I'm addressing the notion that killing Trump would be a nett positive, which is a preposterous position to take.

Glazers Out!

interesting take on Musks involvement with Trump.

“Musk’s closeness to Trump is itself a cause for concern. Even without Musk in office, Trump would probably order his cronies to suspend regulatory scrutiny of SpaceX and Tesla. Musk depends on the goodwill of the Xi regime in China to keep parts flowing for Tesla and to keep China open as a market for the cars. Musk needs the new extremely rightwing government of Argentina to remain friendly to the United States to maintain access to new lithium mines for Tesla batteries. And Musk infamously owes the Saudi royal family for funding his disastrous purchase of Twitter.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/sep/16/taylor-swift-elon-musk-endorsements-celebrity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭circadian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

Early voting starts in PA today against the background of Trump and Vance causing havoc in Ohio with lies about immigrants. Their actions have even been denounced by Ohio's republican governor. As PA is likely to have a razor thin margin either way, it might make a difference.

Advertisement