Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: "I'm down in the hood, I'm on tik-tok" sez Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭shearforce

"you refused to cry"

Joe thinking to himself, 'I'll break him before 3pm'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Tomorrow Joe will play a game called "Guess the Weapon", where he plays sound effects of implements used by the Christian Brothers and callers have to guess what they are. First prize is a ticket to the next Funny Friday. Second prize is two tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭squonk

Not listening but reading the thread. Definitely not enforced celibacy IMHO. Yes not having a partner and the various aspects of a relationship can be bad in some ways. Definitely with a healthy relationship you have support and someone to share your problems with and can prevent you spiralling into frustration or misery in some cases but in modern life there are plenty of single people without relationships or even flings getting through life just fine. They’re not actively seeking out people to beat. Similarly all these people were free to leave their order if celibacy became too much or they wanted long term companionship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭shearforce

i said the same the other night watching the show. We don't need her there to show us the bloody place. What a massive waste of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭gluppers

Good man O'Brien

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I think its getting to the stage now, where they looked at me in a stern way Joe,

And maybe later, I was the only one who wasn't slapped Joe it wasn't right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Maybe he forgets that every single one of us was 5 years old one time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭mountain

he is completely channeling his own personal feelings these past 2 weeks,

There is no oversight of Liveline any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,631 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tell us your Prod name please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,221 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,322 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ah here, I've not eaten a hot cross bun since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Keeping records of de weapons

Weirdo

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

Nuclear warheads are probably on the list

https://www.orourkeda.blog

M

The Viet Cong had less of a choice of weapons.

He is going to put his list of weapons on twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Well, well, well

De buke

Don't encourage Joe, caller.

Saying it should be a book.

he made a list of weapons used..

I wonder just what is he hiding?

Write the buke Joe!

Kids are now getting abducted in broad daylights by pale red haired Irish men it seems Joe

• Advertisement

Joe you ####### ####!

M

"The defendant, in his mid-twenties, cannot be named after gardai cited the "sensitivity" of the case "in the current climate" and were granted a reporting restriction order"

But don't forget there's lots of fake news around sez the Gardaí 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

that kid stuff is creepy

https://www.orourkeda.blog

M

"What age were you when you were 5?"…€350k a year going to his head.

The 5 year old again, at this stage the fee must be heading towards €2,000

Joe: "What age were you when you were 5?"

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

It was almost worth listening to today's show for that gem. 💎

60 months?

I assume she was going to answer "60 months Joe".

Maybe he’s taking down the list of weapons to keep things fresh for when he dresses up as a little 5 year old and Mrs Joe has to dress up as a stern teacher who has to punish him because he stuttered reciting his homework because he’s a very bad boy..

M

The adult stores on Capel Street will be glad of the sight of the Jag approaching them.

• Advertisement

The Bad Nun.

€2,500 now for the child actor

Speaking of 5 year olds, Gray @®$€¥ is next. 📴

Cleaners now starting their shift in Joe's studio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The genetic make up of people back then compared to now is really the same so it's not as if they had some sort of disposition to violence.

I see the reasons for it, particularly the excessive corporal punishment are cultural and power-centric. There was no consequence to dishing out a beating to a child. Even in small communities like a school where the authority is obvious, using physical punishment is a means of demonstrating absolute power

While Joe is happy to talk about the teachers and religious flogging children, the reality is that parents were dishing it out just as bad in a location from which there was absolutely no escape.

When we get caught up in our dark past with institutions we wilfully neglect to discuss for many what was the darkest place of all, the home. It was at home children were routinely beaten, it was from the home where children were not believed and it was from home girls were exiled to laundries.

We don't talk about that though. Still too close to the bone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭Tow

• Tara Locklin Grant as Joe says, I assume is Taragh Loughre-Grant.
    • Annette Egan.

Joe's main producers, yet they appear to have no control over the contents.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

It’s an interesting one. I would say though that there might be no consequences for beating a child but you’d still know yourself you’d done wrong. I was pretty strong fur my age growing up and if you hit in a fight with me you’d face come off worse. I avoided fights though because seeing someone genuinely hurt after I’d walloped them was terrible and I cane off as bad for me because I had put them in that position and felt so bad for having done so. That was when I was 10 or 12. An adult should know so much better. I do think the odd clip across the hand isn’t bad to get a child’s attention with direct hacked these days but there’s honestly no way I could wallop kids roughly now. I wouldn’t last a day in any job where that was part of the remit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,973 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I see I missed another absolute stinker.

Still, there's always tomorrow's stinker.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

ah now,

If you’re an RTE contractor, it was a wonderful, of national importance, crucial show !
    However, I’m with you

Man left Dublin building with child he didn't know 'under his arm', court told

"The man, who cannot be named by order of the court."

Hmm. 🤔

The court heard that when arrested, the man replied: "I was not taking a child anywhere. I am not a person like that. I did not have any intentions with a child. I did not have any bad or unwanted intentions with the child."

Hmm. 🤔

He imposed reporting restrictions on the identity of the accused following an application by Garda McDermott based on "the current climate in the country".

Ahh. 🤐

• Advertisement

Maybe the man comes from a place were being intoxicated in banned by the local holy lads? Reporting their name may bring dishonor and shame?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

M

Man left Dublin building with child he didn't know 'under his arm'

They must be afraid to actually say 'man attempted to kidnap a child' as it might offend someone, then they throw around the 'fake news' warnings like snuff at a wake if a report on social media doesn't suit them.

I love how 'Special Events' get the blame. They must sneak up out of the blue. Anyway, that is in the past, the money transferred to RTE from the Social Welfare will cover the shortfall during Kevin's reign as DG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Special events for 2024 believe it or not will include scheduled events like the Euros, Olympics and a completely predictable election.

Sad times for Dave The Flute. His appeal has stalled just short of the last €1,000. Now he’ll never be able to buy that flute and tget nasty collector will lock it up forever. As if things weren’t bad enough, there’ll be no help from Duffoon to push it over the line with Joe’s attention being so very much elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

We are not worthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,271 ✭✭✭✭zell12

M

Time for a breakeen for him tomorrow me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,973 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

If Dave laid off the fish suppers and pies for a bit, the money saved would easily fill the gap.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
Advertisement