Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Mobile, coming to Ireland

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 EryykTV

I think Sky Mobile’s €15/month for life deal will be available until January. This gives people time to sign up and lock in a 12-month contract. With iPhones launching on the website in December, it makes sense. Other networks might try to match or beat this offer. AnPost's “€12.99/month for life” deal is now extended until October 31st but only offers 4G with no unlimited data. GoMo currently has a free month promotion, and 48 now offers unlimited data with no fair usage limits.

I plan to wait before activating my SIM. I think Eir, Vodafone, or Three might come out with similar or better offers soon or god forbid that Sky Mobile never resolves their technical problems. It will be like the 48 roaming situation all over again… I don’t want to get stuck in a contract if a better deal comes along. Clear Mobile might remove its 5mbps speed limit, or AnPost could start offering 5G or who knows what else might "shake up the market"…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I don't see vf offering anything, they've never been bothered by much better competitor pricing.

Gomo might up their allowance.

Yeah I suspect that GoMo/Eir is going to get rid of their 120GB fair usage policy since Three, 48, Sky and VF don't have one anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Im still experiencing an issue receiving some 2FA verification SMS messages. I'm loosing faith quickly.

TG I haven't ported my main number yet, and I won't of the issue isn't fixed.

I'll give it another day or so, then I'm cancelling.

I'll probably then sign-up again and get a new number, as maybe the current one I have just has issues (reading a lot online these can sometimes haunt a particular number forever once they exist!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

VF has Clear Mobile as their competitor to all of these MNVOs so they don't need need to compete themselves

Post edited by pizzahead77 on

• Advertisement

Latest reply on the 2FA issue...

I’ve checked with my supervisor, and there is an ongoing issue with receiving 2FA verification codes. We’ve already escalated this to the relevant team, and they are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We’re doing everything we can to get this fixed for you.

No idea if this is affecting just me, or more widespread.

Edit...

This issue is not affecting all users, but it does impact some customers, including yourself.

So the exact same problem GoMo had when it launched. Interesting, wonder if this is an issue that only affects MVNOs.

How long did the GOMO issue persist before it was fixed?

Not sure, there was only the initial article about it, don't think an update was ever released. After a while the posts on Reddit slowed down about 2FA issues. Think it was launched in 2019 and I stopped seeing people complain about 2FA problems in 2022.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 dos08

Ordered my sim on Friday and say it delivered today 😂not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Pity its a 12 month contract, only thing putting me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Elessar

I really want the eSim so I'll wait until it's up again

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭martin_g

Ordered my sim last Wednesday by phone as website was down, received no code so couldn't port over my number, As of today still no sim despite sky ordering page showing delivered last Thursday, Tried reordering sim online, webpage not working so Rang sky and was told we will investigate and get back to you in the next 3-5 working days! Tried chatting through whats app and told me there working day was up and i was going back in the Q and someone else would follow up, worst customer service i have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I signed up last night for an esim and have it all ported over already today. No issues with it other than I got a text after I ported saying its not possible to set up phone please go to sky.com/datasettingsroi.

My phone at this point was working for calls, sms texts and wifi but the mobile data wasn't working. I'm on google pixel 6. I went to the above link and requested the network settings are sent to me as there is an option for that, it never came through. Tried this several times throughout the day and nothing came through. I rang them and they were not particularly helpful resolving that, said to give it 24 hours after I activated my sim to be up and running which is mid tomorrow but I doubted that will resolve.

I've muddled together some settings for the access point from googling it (not even sure if they are the correct ones to use) but still only getting an LTE connection and not 5g. However the network signal in my house is always quite poor so not sure what the story is when I go outside in the morning so a bit in the dark on this bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,637 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Still only getting 4mbps download (Gomo was way higher) - way under the guarantee - I hope this is just teething problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Yep, this is correct, Google needs to add Sky Mobile to the whitelisted 5G allowed list. Not sure why Google does this. Apparently it is going away in the next version of Android however.

Where are you based? Is this on a 5G connection?

You might be able to call them and request one. Don't have your hopes up however.

Seems to be a common experience. I really do not think they tested this before launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,637 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 dos08

I don’t think anyone has had a good experience with sky mobile yet to be honest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

A few people have posted that them or a family member has had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

So what will come sooner, Google adding it to the whitelisted list or the new version of android? So once the new version of android comes 5g will be an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

It will be the next version of Android - 15 is due out soon for Pixels

Advertisement