Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Redliketoast

I think they shouod take everyone's guns away.

It was the one thing I used to agree with Harris about.

People do not need guns. People do not need weapons. In fact allowing people to keep guns is like telling them they need to be ready just in case. I mean ffs calm down. Nobody needs guns.

Republicans love their guns and that needs to change. Between that and the bible lovin, these are the biggest issues I have with the Republicans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

To be fair, the dog eating stuff has just outed trump and vance as two stupid people and they are being mocked greatly for it.

Yes, there are a few loons who buy into it, but they were voting their way already and there is the troll-y online army who will try and lean into it (see the "memes" they are trying to push) but it has pushed away all the rational people.

As well as highlighting again how stupid trump and a lot of his supporters are to either believe or engage with it.

And they hate being called stupid so find stupider and stupider ways to defend and justify it.

Melania and the second shooter you could argue either way, but dog eating, dumb as a pile of rocks, no other way to put it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Trump talking about immigration is racism when he and his campaign uses racist memes and racist tropes. Trump and his lying bought and paid for stooge Vance are engaged in race baiting and inciting racial hatred.

This is blatant racism. There are no white faces here.
    You can find similar stuff being pumped out from Trump and his campaign, and white faces never feature.

You an peddle this fake news MAGA propaganda all you like, Trump is objectively putting out racist drivel.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-campaigns-blatantly-racist-post-172911479.html

This is racism.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yeah but how? Inflation is coming down but I don’t think it’s landed well enough to impact peoples pockets in the way it needs to - very hard to “talk” people into thinking the economy is doing well, when they aren’t “feeling” it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,194 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Harris has never suggested taking everyone's guns away. Neither have the Dems. It's always been about implementing sensible gun control laws and proposals including better background checks, restrictions etc. Not taking everyone's guns away. You're far more liberal on gun control than Harris is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Where it comes to Trump making comments about immigrants, one factor to take into account when looking and thinking about his comments is that he is doing so as a candidate for the presidency. It's not like he's been approached as a citizen on the street at random by a TV interviewer and asked what he thinks about the way immigrants are entering the US, he is raising the issue about immigrants and immigration into the US purely as a means to gain presidential votes.

To be clear I’m 100% in agreement the “dog eating” story was pure racism - but I looked at it from the perspective of does it increase decrease or neutral impact on Trumps voters or poll statistics - on balance I’d believe it either maintains or slightly increases voters - he’s been racist since 2016 so this comment should hardly be news. It’s the bizzare and extreme imagery that’s set this topic on fire - but it’s also brought the border issue up a few notches - that’s better for Trump than it is for Harris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I'd love to know what all of the Trump supporters would consider over the line and racist if nothing before counted and was just leftists exagerating.

Framing Haitians as pet murders and voodoo sacrificers wasn't racist.

Loomer making comments about curry and call centres wasn't racist.

Calling for mass deportations based on complete lies wasn't racist.

Does he have to come out and say it directly?

I actually think than none of the supporters are even willing to draw a line cause they'd be afraid Trump will cross it before the election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I would say engaging in large scale hate speech, saying one of the US top generals deserves to be executed etc. That's not equivalent to wearing a short skirt....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If Trump actually cared about immigration then he wouldn't have botched the bi-partisan immigration bill now would he have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭randd1

If immigrants poison the blood of America, would that not make Trump poisonous seeing as his mother was an immigrant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Redliketoast

When did Trump mention skin color when talking about Obamas eligibility?

They mentioned Kenya because it is a country. The same way they would have mentioned Austria if it was Arnie.

It is completely stupid but it is not racist.

As for "foreigners eating pets"? NOBODY ever said that. Changing a few words to make it sound racist is dishonest and lying!

If I stop a person from getting on an already full bus. Is it racist if they happen to be black? We are talking about illegal immigrants as if they are all black. You dont think they want to turn away white illegals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Oh, I'm sorry.

I didn't realise that the blood of illegal immigrants is completely different to the blood of legal immigrants.

Illegal = poison

Legal = not poison.

Try saying that out loud. See how idiotic that sounds.

"they're eating the dogs" - Donald J Trump (2nd presidential debate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Tad delusional if you think he wasn't being racist with the birther ****.

Post edited by eightieschewbaccy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Because inventing a conspiracy that he was faking his birthcert because his father was from a different country, is racist.

There was no other reason for that claim. Obama was always from America. He was a natural born citizen. There was no reason to believe otherwise. Except for racists who claimed that all of this paperwork and history must have been faked because he black.

If you believe that there was another, non racist reason, please enlighten us.

And yes, both Trump and his VP have repeatedly claimed foreigners are killing and eating pets. It's racist and it's a lie.

Again, this denial isn't helping you Trump supporters. It just looks really really silly when you have to bend over backwards to avoid admiting your boy is racist and a liar.

What would you consider to be over the line and racist?

Is there anything that Trump could say that you would consider racist?

both examples complete racism and also hate stirring - both also preferred strategies for Trump and proved successful in 2016 election - in 2024 he likely feels he needs to up the imagery to get heard so the examples are far more extreme than just not so subtle “hints” - doubt creation of Obamas eligibility to be president would have of course thrown certain people of low intelligence into a tizzy for a while - but it was pure racism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Edit/delete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

What ? 

I find it strange that you would use a rape analogy in regards to a convicted rapist.

• Advertisement

Yes yes I know it’s completely ironic Trump saying the Harris / Biden camp are using inflammatory language against him - but I do have to take my hat off to him - he’s found a way to blame the Democrats for the attempt on his life- it doesn’t have to be true- if his sheep believe it, job done. We can laugh at the sidelines- but he’s clever - he wouldn’t say this if he didn’t think it would be soaked up by those who count - even sowing seeds of doubt “are the democrats trying to kill Trump?” is enough.

My only question is- behind the scenes are his number crunchers worried? Are his figures reducing hence he’s making more and more outrageous comments - I think there could be a link there - hopefully the madder the comments from here on in, is an indication the worse he’s doing by his number crunchers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭ronjo

Not sure why you would take your hat off to him for that.

Every single thing he says is either praising himself or blaming others. Thats all he ever does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,801 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Musk needs a visit from the FBI, tweeting as to why Biden and Harris aren't being targeted by gunmen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Rawr

I would expect that his number crunchers must be getting worried. For example there may be signs of North Carolina turning into a Toss-up and if he were to lose that State, it would nearly already be game over for him. Without NC the paths available to 270 become very slim, and that's even if he won Pennsylvania.

That means they'll probably need to divert already limited resources to what should have been a safe state for them. That could mean taking people from the swing state operation. NC is still a toss-up with a slight lean to Trump, but there's every possibility of a shock win for Harris here.

I wouldn't want to be in his campaign team these days, it must be hell in there.

Purely as an observer on what strategy he’s using - I don’t have to believe it’s right or morally correct or whatever - Harris is in my mind, is a good person overall - but as an observer of election strategy I would criticise the fact that she’s not getting the policy messages out there that are important to the swing voters that count , in a memorable way - she’s battling a man that’s currently hogging the newspaper headlines - relying on America to laugh at Trumps desperate and racist efforts to win votes is not going to be enough here- she needs to show she’s capable of putting more nickels dimes cents and dollars into peoples pockets- and she hasn’t done that yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭ronjo

I am not saying its right or morally correct either. I am saying its ALL he ever does.. praise himself and blame others.

Nothing new and not overly successful considering the way the last 3 election cycles in the US have gone.

Indeed- and Laura Loomer seems to be the key cause- I’m scratching my head here though- article below mentions native Americans having a higher than normal representation (1.5% vs 1%) in North Carolina - what business would they have even considering voting Trump? Conservative views maybe?
    (edit- likely I just misinterpreted article and it’s highlighting that there’s slightly more people of that ethnicity meaning a slightly larger likelihood for a democratic vote in that state )

but Loomer’s racist comments on Harris are obviously worrying even Trumps back room boys.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna171137

At this stage I’m probably more agreeing with you than disagreeing - he’s a one trick president in that he’s fooled them once - his tactics have remained the same - states like North Carolina appear to be getting tired of it now - I’m looking forward to the result as we’ll finally see what were the aspects on both sides that swung the election for whoever wins. Up to then I’m just enjoying the commentary and the guessing and the poll figures when issued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Saw a clip of Joe Rogan talking to Tom Segura on his podcast.

It's a clip that should raise serious concerns in Trumps camp. Don't know exactly when it was recorded but it was after the debate and they were talking about how Trump got destroyed by Harris.

But the most interesting thing to see on it, and what should bother Trump, was Rogan's comment about how his inability to not react to her was not a trait you want in your President given how important that role is.

Swift endorsing Harris, Rogan talking about how he impressed he was by her and meanwhile Trump has a C list celeb from the Latin music community who Trump misgendered and who pulled his endorsement of Trump from his instagram after a couple of days because of the backlash,

Trump would be beaten in to the dust if this wasn't a two horse race where so many will vote party lines no matter what.

• Advertisement

some swing states have Democrats out numbering Republicans now on voter registrations - the ethnic votes will be especially important so any snubs won’t bode well for Trump

Advertisement