Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: "I'm down in the hood, I'm on tik-tok" sez Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭shearforce

foreign body in her head

caller "Will I send it to you?"

Joey "stop, stop, no"

written note handed to producer, 'get her to send it'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,638 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

"Your father was recently widowed"...there's certainly an "any udder misery going on in your life" question asked by the researchers when you call in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

De Blackthorne of Ballyfermot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Tow

Joe, did you have much dealings with Canon Troy?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Maybe he was lying Joe

Never told a fib when you were younger, no ?

I mean, I'd call Walter Mitty on at least one of your first two callers

M

Drug testing must not have been around then for the hand writing competition 🤔

this male reader definitely adds to the stories, he always has a absolutely mad tale to read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭mountain

ah this one is surely made up?

M

Imagine a childer coming back from primary school now in the fambily car listening to this on the radio.

School Dental service. If only the current system worked as well.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

Duffy the perve is sounding breathless,

The stripping of shirts and nettles is really getting him going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Duffoon surprised the Judge, “who probably went to the same private school as the Priest*”, sided with the perpetrator.

Any chance Duffoon actually reads the court reports in Ireland 2024 if he wants to see the disgusting treatment of victims of crime in Ireland?

*this is highly unlikely, priests did not usually come from wealthy backgrounds and you would think Duffy knows that.

Let us for 1 minute just remember:

1. Duffy was a parole officer who treated scum as victims, victims as irrelevant
    2. Duffy was quite happy to MC any clerical gig going
    3. Duffy knew all about child abuse throughout his whole life - more concerned about defending its enablers and attacking from Sinn Féin and The Wolfe Tones

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

https://www.orourkeda.blog

Yes

Whip down de papal cross in de park Joe

Dat'd be an Aras vote getter alright

Is Casey still in dat bleedin cathedral ?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

And the two lads on stage ridin' like bunnies and disowning their own flesh and blood

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

FFS - Duffy latest crusade to get the papal cross removed….

Readin de thread

Howya Joe !

He does not want to see it each morning when the staff come with his breakfast in bed and open the curtains on his bedroom window.

• Advertisement
    M

If de papal cross was made of copper it would be long gone.

Joe, 50p pieces… Think about kneeling on rock salt.

I put a spell on you

Because you're mine

Stop the things you do

Watch out

I ain't lyin'

had to turn it off. That nordie's voice is going through me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭squonk

If Joe is all about getting gigantic oversized monstrosities removed from public spaces he could start with himself and lead by example.

M

Please say he sung a Wolfe Tones song.

• Advertisement
    M

Dado rail = Weapon 42 of 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Peter Dragon

I’m new to the parish so to speak. I’ve been confined to bed for the last week and have little to amuse me with but some books that I have finished, and the radio on my phone. During that time I’ve discovered this show.

I have some questions that I’m hoping you more regular listeners can shed some light on for me:

1. Is Joe contractually obligated to say “so to speak” a minimum number of times per day? He seems to say it an awful lot, and rarely correctly.
    2. Are his grammar and diction always this appallingly bad?
    3. Does he always mumble incoherently like this or have I just caught him at a bad time?
    4. Is he always this condescending?
    5. Whilst I have some sympathy for the victims in these cases is there anything by way of fact-checking or verification taking place of these contributor’s stories before they go on air? I hate to sound like a cynic, but some of these stories do seem somewhat embellished and exaggerated - or am I the only one thinking this?
    6. The empathy Joe is showing (or rather pretending to be showing) doesn’t appear very sincere. Am I misjudging him here or would that be a fair assessment? If it is as contrived as it appears, why don’t the contributors call him out on this? Has anyone ever done so?
    7. Is it just me again or can he be quite rude and insensitive? Perhaps I am misjudging based on a handful of shows but it appears to me that if you agree with the host’s point of view you are indulged and given somewhat of a free reign to say whatever comes into your head without challenge, but offer a contrary viewpoint or veer off script and the conversation seems to be terminated rather quickly. It’s all quite strange.

I have many more questions to be honest. This is quite frankly a very “unusual” radio show, and I’m not quite sure what purpose it serves.

NUNS DON'T HAVE BUMS

Book title for Joe's new book

You'd pick it up for a browse anyway

this lad again with the movie version of the story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,221 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Gray @®$€¥'s show is a cesspit of 💩. Coming up, sign language on trains, matchmaking at the national ploughing championships, the upcoming phases of the moon and some $h1t€ music.

• Advertisement
    M

I only listen to it purely for the comedic value, mostly from the host making a balls of things.

You will notice the 'so to speak' randomly thrown in all over the shop. He also asks nonsensical questions like 'what colour was the unpainted wall' or wants the name of any dog that comes in to a call 🐕.

you've been 'confined to bed'? That's all Joe is interested in

"go on caller, go on"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

A load of callers getting the story in for use in a compo case later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

1. He has an extremely limited vocabulary
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. No
    6. Fair and No
    7. Yes

He's a bumbling, mumbling buffoon and he gets high on the hog with tales of death, disease, suffering, pain.

He uses his RTE show as a platform for what interests him (see above) and for free research for whatever heap of shyte between book covers he's planning to get printed in Germany next.

His one saving grace for listeners is he is so dumb we can take the pish out of him with zero effort.

Hope this helps. 😉

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So we have moved on to "this might have been a dream" territory.

I didn't want to say it for fear of being insensitive, but many of these callers have told these stories countless times before to peers, colleagues, grandkids, etc, and probably nearly boasted about them or compared notes. Now they're going into the theatrics because there's a chance of compo

This one Edie could make a good fist of reading Give up yer Aul Sins.

M

Surprised he hasn't played a song yet to end a show on this.

an ad for Wills for the RNLI , some one knows the age profile of listeners

M

A female teacher, wow.

• Advertisement
    M

Spielberg doesn't even write with this level of detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The dramatics. Someone on the research team is a creative writer

Man injured after dog attack in Dublin

Joe won't be interested though, he will continue the "research" for his upcoming book tomorrow.

Edit: The story has been updated to...

Man injured after XL Bully dog attack in Dublin

Post edited by sligeach on

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chun the Unavoidable

Teachers have been got revenge upon, I've seen it myself and heard stories of it from two schools lads i was in college had been in. also there were times when fathers of children would come in with fists flying. These would have happened in the early to mid 80s so times were already changing. The chances of that happening before that would have been minimal because of the greater respect/fear/knowing your place that surrounded all of this, and sons/daughters of parents who had been beaten up or sexually abused probably had parents who were also subjected to it and perhaps by the same teachers.

I'm only in my early 50's and was in 2nd class in 1979 - the teacher there, a lay teacher, tried to hammer my left handedness out of me with rulers. Looking back, she was young so probably only qualified perhaps only in her early 20's. Its possible she is still teaching. It shows though that having gone to university and teacher training after the 1960/70s and all that was lauded for in the revolutionary social spirit of the time (even in ireland) there were still people coming though the system like that.

Exploding Pagers, now there is an interesting story for Joe to talk about. Mossad at wurk, so to speak.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cd7xnelvpepo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭squonk

I kind of wish an upcoming comedian or radio presenter hopefully would ring in to do a “Lambo” on this. Nothing would pull the plug on this nonsense faster than an Irish Sun/Mirror article “I MADE UP A COMPLETEKY FALSE STORY ABD LIVELIND RAN WITH IT!!!” headline. You just can’t research these historical stories in enough time to get the callers on air.

M

Rather frigtening level of technology involved to achieve this, doesn't seem to be the actual devices that were armed with explosives but rather some way to trigger the battery to blow up with some class of instruction sent to them. Imagine the power so to speak that a phone manufacturer potentially has if they could trigger a model in their brand lineup to blow up, the battery in a phone being multiple sizes of that in a pager.

Edit…

Sky now saying it was apparently a new set of pagers delivered to them from Iran.

The way he is going it will only spur Joe on more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,271 ✭✭✭✭zell12

1. Yes. Also 'moriya' and 'whoy' and 'what colour is the..' and 'how does that make you feeeel' and 'tell me about de paaaaaain' and 'will ye leave it the presbytery' and 'bad bad baxtards' and 'the unwell'

2. Joe says he has had no complaints

3. You are new here aren't you?

4. Yes. Point blank rude, belligerent, uncaring, bellicose, etc.

5. Tee hee hee aaah.

6. It is rare that they do, otherwise there is a 'bad line bad line' or an 'you cannot say that' or 'you will expunge that remark back after dese (ads)'

7. He is obsessed with death, and he is worth €350k per annum of your licence fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,271 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Advertisement