Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,306 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So ignoring how all of these are out of context, what's the difference between these quotes and say Trump and his cronies accusing specific communities of doing things like eating pets.

Does that one provoke violence?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

LOL just saw his water nonsense, how can you not watch him talk about a water faucet the size of a building that takes a day to turn on and off and not think he is a senile fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Redliketoast

Lying about a child being murdered? No a child was murdered. The father said "I wish my son was murdered by a white person". So no question of the murdered part. The person is serving 13 years!!! The person is an immigrant are they not? Nowhere did anyone say that they were an illegal immigrant despite what you want to pretend. So where is the lie?

There is zero question on issues such as pets been stolen and killed. That is happening. Just so happens its a couple of miles up the road and not in Springfield so that appears to be the gotch. Plenty of videos of evidence where people are literally killing cats and dogs. I will not post here because it is disgusting. You dont need to take my word for it. I think it is a crime issue. Not an immigrant crime issue. It was stupid to talk about it and I have already said that.

Where did I say anything about Trump publically attacking anyone? or are you just lying?
    Where did I say anything about a Trump being executed? or are you just lying?

You have not pointed at anything that is racist. Some on here have pointed out talk against Illegal migrants. You know what is racist though, saying "You are not black if you vote for Trump". That is 100% racist. Or saying that you dont know who the next VP will be, but they will be a black woman. That again, is racist.

The fact that you are still saying "threat to democracy" when the would be assassin literally used that language, shows how out of touch some people are. Two people tried to KILL him because of the type of things YOU are saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭amandstu

Not familiar with that one but has he leased out his cognitive faculties to his sources on social media?

Has he worked out that he can repeat anything he sees there that comes from one of his supporters (and fits with his supposed agenda) and then rely on others to clean up after him if it doesn't actually make any sense?

And, of course "no publicity" is his kryptonite .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭amandstu

Dup

Since a few people asked in the time I was away, yes she said Assault weapon. That is not denied. I never tried to cover that up. I shared the clip ffs.

She literally said she wants to take away peoples guns. Mandatory buy back is mandatory. No choice. You have an assault weapon, she said she is taking it.

Well she said that back then. Now, who knows.

You see. This is the rubbish that you lot hide behind. He was anti Trump because he believes the same rubbish you lot believe.

FWIW he is a democrat

“You are free to assassinate Trump,” Routh wrote of Iran in an apparently self-published book in 2023.

His car>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

In relation to the pets, point me to a source that illegal immigrants are eating pets. The article previously cited was a mentally ill American caught doing so. Nothing to do with immigrants kidnapping pets.

In relation to the execution stuff, Trump said a general should be executed. You don't care about his rhetoric. Anyway with any sense recognizing the racism.

I already responded to your post yesterday, you misquoted the father. He explicitly stated it was an accident and legally speaking it was. You said they were an illegal immigrant btw so guess that's your own misrepresentation. So lies from you are plentiful.

Here's when I responded to you.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/sep/11/trump-vance-ohio-aiden-clark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So you accept she said assault weapons, not all guns. Because that's what she says in the video, we can all watch it and hear what she says

Yea its totally weird calling someone out for victim blaiming

Not voting for Trump doesn't make him a Democrat though, he also wanted Nikki Haley as president earlier in the year. Officially he was not a member of either party. Would you classify a Republican who votes for Harris this year as a Democrat? And ultimately it still boils down to, mentally unwell man fails to get anywhere with an assassination attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Is inciting an insurrection a threat to democracy? Or have we redefined what insurrection means in MAGA-world?

I mean, for #2, it was trump being cuckolded by putin and the fallout for Ukraine that inspired the attempt.

#1 was a gun nut with self esteem issues.

I wont be posting any links. There are three videos of apparent (I didnt check the passport I admit) immigrants (the person filming is shouting at the person committing the act). The first two videos are a person holding a cat and snapping its neck slowly. It is twisting…………… Already too graphic. The third video is with a dog. They are all on twitter. If you want to see them then go look for them. I wont be sharing them nor will I be looking for the names of the people that shared them. I dont want to watch that stuff. As I said, you dont have to take my word for it. But if you dont think dogs are eaten in certain parts of the world you are very sheltered mate.

In relation to the execution stuff………… we never discussed that and I certainly never did. So why are you coming at me about that? Again lies. How many Generals have had assassination attempts as a result? I can count two on Trump in a few weeks.

How have I misquote the father? I might have missed a word but he said he wished the person who Killed his son was white. Killing someone is MURDER. You do not get 13 years for an accident!

Lies from me. You are the one making all these claims about me. What lies have I said?

Donating to the democrat party on multiple occasions, calling on Biden and Harris to show what real leaders are, supporting democrat candidates do make him a democrat. He didnt want Nikki Haley to be president. He wanted Nikki Haley to run instead of Trump.

By your logic then Trump is still a Democrat.

I agree that we shouldnt be talking about what party he is affiliated. I mentioned it a number of times. But we still have teh Anti Trump Brigade trying to make jokes about it.

Its as simple as this, he is an Anti Trumper. There are many on both sides who are. And some of them are complete nut jobs. This left leaning idiot was also a complete Nut Job.

I am not saying that pro trumpers dont have complete nut jobs too. They obviously do (Jan 6th). But it seems to be the Anti Trump ones (not all) are the ones who are literally trying to kill someone.

Convicted rapist? Nope

Demented Fascist? He won the nomination for his party by getting the most votes. He is taking part in an election without trying to get any of his political advisories off the ballot. He has taken part in 2 debates on news networks that give him unfavorable coverage and he is willing to speak to any media who might even look at him in a hostile way.

Kamala: Bipassed the primaries because she wouldnt have gotten the nomination. Hasnt received a single vote in any primary form any democrat. She and her side have tried to get Trump, RFK jr and Jill Stein off the ballot in multiple states. They are now trying to keep RFK jr on it in certain states as it would help them. They have censored their rivals by not allowing them to take part in debates where they where more entitled to than Trump or Biden at the time. They have refused to give SS protection to candidates who were receiving threats to life. They refuse to take part in interviews where they dont get the questions in advance and they get editing privileges before anything is aired. They refused to take part in any debate that isnt with friendly journos on friendly platforms.

So tell me again who the Fascist is

Electing someone without an election is a bigger threat to be honest. I mean lets be clear, thats what the Democrats want. How dare anyone go against them

I'd imagine anyone trying to kill trump are anti-trump, whatever their political affiliation may be. At best for Routh, you can say he's an ex-trump supporter who turned away from him (for multiple crazy reasons).

But we still have teh Anti Trump Brigade trying to make jokes about it.

Any examples? Most here think he was mentally ill and doesn't seem to have a distinct political affiliation anymore.

(and I do laud how you're digging up on the pet eating, at least we know there is no line you won't cross to defend trump, did he encourage disinfectant injections as well?)

You said the word "murder", he explicitly said he was not murdered. So you absolutely did lie. Killing someone is not always murder, have you never heard of manslaughter? The father explicitly saying his son was not murdered still not enough for you?

"“I will listen to them one more time to hear their apologies. To clear the air, my son, Aiden Clark, was not murdered. He was accidentally killed by an immigrant from Haiti. This tragedy has been all over this community, the state and even the nation. But don’t spin this towards hate,” "

In relation to pet eating, alluding to some questionable sources that you won't share sounds like bs tbh. We don't even know if the videos you're referring to were filmed in the US.

The remark about a general, just because there's no assassination attempt to date means it's not so bad? I'd also guess E Jean Carroll gets plenty of threats and that's as a result of her rapist. You said Musk should be held to account for what he said and I'd agree, but Trump should also. His rhetoric has constantly been dangerous.

• Advertisement

The dems have been very clear in wanting an election, trump was the one who lost, wanted the job anyway, incited an insurrection to try and get it, ran again and is saying that no more elections are needed if he gets elected. The GQP have been very clear on their voter suppression tactics to try and keep power with a dwindling minority of votes.

Just saying the opposite of something is not a coherent argument, as you are finding out rapidly across your posting.

In primaries? It's an organization effectively and their processes were not violated. The huge primary process is in itself pretty new and only existed post WW2. Point to some laws or party rules that were violated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump has entered the Oprah Winfrey stage of desperation....

"You get a tax cut! You get a tax cut!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Trump. He praised Nazis and white supremacists as "very fine people" and instigated a fascist coup in January 2021. He was also found to have raped E. Jean Carroll. These are facts and this is the creature that some people here have been shilling for, entirely voluntarily I might add, for almost a decade.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭wandererz

This thread is hilarious.

Next thing we will hear is that Trump doesn't like grabbing cats!

Routh was mostly a democrat. He said in one post that he voted for Trump. Everything else was left leaning BLM (apart form one whitelivesmatter post) and democrat leaning.

A post on this very page says

"Maybe republicans should stop shooting him!"

Thats just this page. Just look back on pages and you will see loads of this sh##. More posts such as "third time lucky" etc.

In fact the first assassination attempt saw loads of people in here post things like
    "you had one job!!" and "I cant stop smilling"

Im not digging up the pet eating. I was accused of being ok with it being used. I defended what I said.

Im not an anti vaxxer. But I also dont think the biden admin were right to tell public sector to jab up or get a new job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Im not saying it was violated. Im saying that they never gave their base a choice because they wouldnt have voted for her. That IS the issue. They dont believe in democracy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

maybe he could share the couch with Harry and Meaghan

Advertisement