Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KJ2023

hi guys , I honestly think they say what they want us to hear , I’m no.34 and I emailed yesterday as I have drawn down and I’m good to go so wanted to see what was the hold up on their end and joe informed me there’s no such thing as second snag and that they were on 34 yesterday 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DoctorRV

The access is not blocked off. Just your house may be locked if no works are ongoing.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 31 najra

They have to open road as they already gave keys to some people so access is necessary. However road still need second layer of tar. We were there yesterday evening and for me bungalows look like ready for snag just cleaning needed. And as you all said they are telling us what they think we want to hear however I would like to know true state of works and timing for bank as we also need to extend loan again in that case. Plus bank is asking every few weeks if we get some news about completion date.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 06750931

Hi

I was talking to the lads on site on Friday all the terraced houses will be handed over within the next 2 weeks. Not sure if you can go by that but they were fairly certain saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GG_AZ

Hello All,

I was called for 2nd Snag last week.

The house was properly cleaned and all the snag points raised were resolved as well.

The Road work is also, finished and ready for use. You can drive up to the estate.

Property between: 43-48

• Advertisement

As per Joe - he is happy to handover any time soon once he gets the green signal from Solicitors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 ShaksofIre

Guys anyone knows good tiler for maryborough village new build ?.

Hello again!!

I'm currently looking into getting new flooring and appliances. I'm curious if any of you have recently gone through this process or are currently doing so. Specifically, I'm looking for places where I can get products that have detailed measurements available. Any recommendations or advice on where to find good options would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭helper1989

for appliances, I went with Harvey Norman but someone in the group suggested another seller. You may want to read older messages. All appliances come as standard sizes and should be fine for your house except for hob and extractor fan. Both should be 60cm and would require a bit of cutting to get it installed.

for the flooring, I am still looking for options and have seen huge variance if you opt for a shop that sells and fits vs getting your own fitter and buying separately. I will let others comment as well

Hey @helper1989 Could you please elaborate a little more on the variance you mentioned. Perhaps be useful to know.

• Advertisement

as an example:

https://www.currys.ie/products/bosch-series-4-pue611bb5e-59-cm-electric-induction-hob-black-10240592.html?q=PUE611BB5E

this what I have locked it for at HN

sorry, you meant on the flooring. I took a quote from a shop that provides flooring and fitting and they gave me a total quote of 7k. This was for SPC flooring for both floors.

i got a quote for labour separately and material and was given 1.2k for labour and 3k for SPC flooring

Wow! That much difference in pricing! Thats good to know. Thanks 🙏

in summary, do your own research and ask for a break down of costs being charged.

I think the standard is 15-20 euros per sq meters for fitting

great news! When are you moving in then?

Do people 2nd snag themselves or call a professional again ? Are the snags taken care of to your satisfaction?

there is no point in calling a professional for the 2nd snag because they are generally good in addressing the major issues.

anything minor that they leave or ignore has to be accepted because they would then put the house in queue and address the snags after they are done working on existing houses.

In our case, they left out few minor things like filling gaps etc which we will have to take care on our own

Thanks for your inputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 A2533

Mirek Dulinski is excellent. Did my kitchen and hall in Maryborough Village.
    Perfectionist.

I’ll DM you his number.

Aoife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 sagnik

Hi guys, anyone have contact of any good snagger? All the snagger I got off internet are for Dublin area and are not available for Portlaoise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 artinaas

Hi All

Snager Richard Holohan.

Company name is Leinster Property Snags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 sagnik

• Registered Users Posts: 19 artinaas

Hi All

Do you know what size fridge freezer is 30/70 or 40/60?

Anyone else received this today from EA ?

Please inform 27-22 that we will start to call them for snagging over the next two weeks beginning at 27 then 26 etc

We hope to start this process from mid week but wait for my email after my check is done thanks 

@DoctorRV yes we received same update form EA today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 KMH24

Hi guys,

Just wondering for those of you who have gotten keys, how long did it take from completing your second snag to getting keys?
    Thanks!

Hi

There wasn't really a second snag, it was just whether you were happy with the initial snag and happy that all the jobs or main issues were addressed. If you find any issues outstanding etc after the initial snag they won't address them straight away you'll have another wait as they are extremely busy. There was nothing really with mine everything was addressed a couple of issues after getting the keys and all addressed by the guys on site, their amazing I have to say. Joe is so helpful and anything you ask him to do he will try his utmost to get it sorted for you. I had my keys straight after they came back from holidays, signed off on the inital snagging before they went. It wont take long unless you yourself have any issues and how quick your solicitor is.

Hey All,

Does anyone know any fitter who can do the fittings for the Chimney Fans?

Really appreciate the suggestions 🙏

Did you have the "Valuation Report" done by the banks valuation panel, after the snags from first snag were fixed or do you do that simultaneously alongside the first snag ?

• Advertisement

We have done final valuation for bank 2 weeks ago. And we got today email from EA we can go ahead with snags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 dijodyno

Hi,

Is anyone got a call for fist snag for bungalow.

yes

Yes. We are doing snags today. It all depends in what number you are as they started from 27 then 26 etc.

Thank you for the updation

Got a update from Joe “The painters are in 17
    The snagging team are in 21 so if not this month it will be next month
    We are going as fast as we can”
    i am in 15 and my loan offer going to expire on october last. Don’t have idea what will be the next.

Is they really started snagging for 21, anyone have idea?

• Advertisement

It depends if Joe is talking about they internal snags or the one submitted by customer.

Our loan offer is also till the end of October and we are prepared to extend offer again. That is only solution we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭divide_by_zero

I would say that if you are close to moving in/getting the keys your bank will extend the current loan offer by 30 days. I know mine were willing to do that for me.

Pretty sure they are talking about their own folks getting the house from 21 and under ready for snagging as currently the snagging has only commenced for the bungalows 27-22. I am snagging tomorrow and was called last Thursday. So while it is likely the houses starting 21 may get called by next week to end of September or even early Oct, you can never tell with all those updates what is actually going to happen.
    If your loan offer is expiring I’d suggest get it renewed for 6 months rather than extended as I believe the extension will be for 30days, at least what it was in my case with AIB and you may end up putting yourself in quite a tight spot in case the drawdown doesn’t happen again after 30 days extension. It will be an unnecessary hassle to apply for loan offer furnishing a ton of documentation again and all that stuff that goes with it.

Sorry for misunderstanding, by extend I mean renew it for another 6 months.

We have done our snagging today. When we were on site I didn't see to many people around houses from 21 and under. We spoke with Joe and he advised if there will not be to many snags on our list they should be done by 2-3 weeks. Mostly they were cosmetic/cleaning related things in our house. So now finger crossed🤞 as that all we can do 😊

One more thing don't know if this is in all houses/bungalows however hob size in our is 75cm not 60cm. My husband measure the hole in countertop and it is 75cm. So have this in mind and check in your house before ordering appliances.

• Advertisement

hi, has anyone used or is aware of Heffernan Woodcraft?? Looking for some reviews

hey guys, has anyone here tried an induction hob in the houses ? Just wondering as they are quite deep themselves, is the hob space deep enough for them to fit in??
    thanks!

Hi

I'm in and I had problems with that. The hob won't fit in it as it stands. You will have to cut it out yourself or get a carpenter to cut it out to sit the hob in.

Thank you! Did you have to move your cutlery drawer somewhere else due to hob being directly on top ? We were advised by Telfords to do this with the induction..
    Can I also ask, have you or anyone here experienced noticeable noise / vibration from the AC unit out the back garden when trying to heat up house / water ?

I think what @06750931 is talking about is the depth and you @KMH24 are talking about the height. To answer your question I think it would really depend which induction brand/model you have got because they come anywhere ranging from 1.8cm, 2.2 cm,4.8cm and upto 5 cm or more even. Ideally less than equal to 5cm should not force you to move the cutlery tray is what I think from the measurements I took last week but what do I know until I get my own installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Irnd

Did anyone get any updates on the snagging? Spoke with Joe and he said we are going as fast we can and will contact when ready. There is too many delays and we are doing our best..

Did you mean updates after the snagging or are you waiting for the first snagging? We only got our snagging done last week so hopefully by end of month we get some updates I suppose.

I meant first snagging...This week was supposed to be House 20 but Joe is not saying anything...

We did first snag last week only and we are in bungalows 22-27. As @DoctorRV we hope to get update on that by the end of the month.

Did you get email from EA that first snagging for your row start this week? There is high chance Joe was talking about developer internal snagging.

We haven't got any email from EA. Joe mentioned last week house 21 was being snagged last week (external snag) and this week will be 20...

• Advertisement
Advertisement