Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harris Vs Trump 2024 US Presidential election

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,929 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He would have lost in 2016 if Clinton had had a strong advisor.

2016-2020 showed how unfit he was for the role and incompetent in office. with devastating effects. Here's hoping he'll finally start to being removed from impactful conversations within the next 2 months. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭Redliketoast

Yet you have provided what stats to aid your guess?

The evidence I provided was a link to a site. It gives European confince in him and teh average. It doesnt give Ireland but gives our closest neighbours who we tend to agree with in terms of American politics.

When did they laugh at him………. or is that just more made up stuff?

Clinton had all the advantages in 2016 and still lost. Do you know the name Donna Brazile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Worth noting that most 'trump businesses' are (or were) wholly owned by third parties that simply paid him a fee to license his name:

Trump’s name was on the building, but he didn’t own it. It belonged to Roger Khafif, who owned prime oceanfront real estate but couldn’t get financial backing for his 2011 construction project. He had licensed the Trump name, which costs him more than a third of the $220 million he’d raised to fund the project.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveolenski/2015/11/24/donald-trumps-real-secret-to-riches-create-a-brand-and-license-it/

And all that licensing was done under the Trump Organization which, famously, was just convicted of numerous counts of fraud, both for hush money payments and cooking its books to evade taxes and secure favorable loans.

Many other 'businesses' 'owned' by Trump were Trump-sponsored licensing deals, like Trump Home - Trump didn't set up any furniture company from the ground up or anything, but he paid a few to put his name on their stuff and let him sell it as Trump branded furniture the same way electronics stores and grocery stores pay established manufacturers of commodities to supply them with store-brand goods. Interestingly the Trump Home brand involved doing a lot of business with Dubai and Slovenia - 'America First,' eh? Oh, and the brand also failed and all the partners discontinued making **** for him.

• Advertisement

Number needs citation, I think I would have noticed if my car insurance premiums had doubled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

What "devastating effects" do you speak of exactly, or just going to leave it suitably vague?

Trump has already shrugged off the pet eating migrant criticisms with the aid of some hilarious remixes in the last week. He really is Teflon Don.

And now disturbed, purple-haired Marxists back in the news with their desperate attempts to shut down the very democracy they cry about losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Weird. What's to shrug off about the comments?

I thought the line was what he said wasn't racist cause it was true.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

How about this - Trump , globally untrusted and horrendous confidence levels from all major global countries.

He's a laughing stock and considered a fool.#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,929 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

A million people dying from a virus he said would fade away to nothing as he tried to justify not acting sufficiently to control it.

Or did you forget?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Some people have a great imagination don't you know Red😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,212 ✭✭✭✭briany

There are a lot of people behind Trump who know what they're doing. We may not agree with their ends; their vision for the world, but they're still in the smart people. The trouble for them is that fate has placed in their hands a tool for enacting that vision that is powerful yet horribly capricious.

No matter their public proclamations about being behind their man, they must have serious angst in private.

Scaramucci and Roger Stone have spoken about the same thing - giving Trump advice is a dark art. You cannot advise him directly. Stone's method of giving Trump things to say was to mention them as things Trump had already said and which were so good that they should be repeated. Mooch's method was to make sure that any advice given was done completely in private because Trump is so insecure that he considers it a loss of face to be advised in front of others and will then bully the advisor in order to even the score. He's mental.

To your point, it also illustrates why he is a bad leader. Once the pressure comes on, he goes to pieces. He cannot put ego aside. He lashes out at his own people, even. No hope of dealing with large crises in a sober bipartisan way. He was able to prevent this happening even as a candidate by using his influence to kill the border bill, never mind as president.

Trump has already shrugged off the pet eating migrant criticisms with the aid of some hilarious remixes in the last week. He really is Teflon Don.

You find the remixes to be, shrugging off, the criticism? lol

Ugh, back to covid yet again... he repeatedly said it was going to go away. Something everyone knew was the case and it did. These statements didn't cause deaths, that's ridiculous. It was Trump who championed your precious vaccine program, not Biden

Do you think he should have taken Ireland's approach and pulled the rug from under the economy? Everybody (except you of course) looks back at Ireland's covid measures and cringes, it was embarrassing. Elderly people dying alone in their houses and hospitals. Shameful. Young people spending the prime of their lives on zoom calls.

The dogs in the street knew, the prolonged Irish covid solution would never have worked in the US.

Absolutely.

Harris can have as many celebrities she wants endorse her. As we learned from 2016 and covid - most normal people of voting age are repulsed by celeb pop culture.

Many people said "the trump/biden debate fiasco happened too early for trump. The assassination attempt happened too early for trump"

Same thing extends to Harris. That debate you covet so dearly has already lost steam for Harris.

What has she left in the tank? I can assure you, trump has a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

It is very weird how pretty much all anti vaxxers are Trump supporters.

And how folks like RFKjr and Loomer have latched onto Trump while also clinging to the idea the vaccine he pushed has caused millions of deaths and is part of a giant global conspiracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Greengrass53

Yeah we would been far better following Trump and Johnson 's lead. What a crock of ****. Maybe drink some bleach and let bodies pile high.

You're right. Sweden and their trumpian approach to covid have conveyor belts in the streets and still can't shift the bodies quick enough.

Keep that vaccine passport up to date greengrass and be sure to isolate even when asymptomatic. Leo and Michael will be down to you with their star sticker soon, you'll just need to slide your forehead out to them through the post flap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Any proof that most people are “repulsed” by celeb pop culture?

Lost steam? She is winning in the polls now, and extending. Seems like she has a lot left in the tank, Trump is running scared already and avoiding another debate. You sure he has a lot more? He was baited so much at the debate and was shown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

The polls are turning for Harris. I think we might be seeing the effects of the debate now.

Thank God!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,686 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump company warned over pump and dump scheme, more evidence of being an expert businessman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

It's ok. He's promised not to sell anytime soon, so all those people with their college funds tied up in it, can relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

More grifting from Jim Jones Mark II

Good to see he's continuing to reduce the rhetoric...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump was asked what he would do to bring down the price of groceries. This is his answer.

“So we have to start always with energy. Always. I don't want to be boring about it but there's no bigger subject. It covers everything. If you make donuts, if you make cars, whatever you make, energy's a big deal. And we're gonna get that — it's my ambition to get your energy bill within 12 months down 50%. If I can do that we've done a hell of a job. 5-0. Not 15, 50. Interest rates are going to follow. And actually they're going to follow for another reason. The economy is now not good. And interest rates — you'll see, they'll do the rate cut and all the political stuff tomorrow. Will he do half a point, will he do a quarter of a point. But the reason is because the economy's not good. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to do it. But we're gonna get interest rates down. And we gotta work with our farmers. Our farmers are being decimated right now. They're being absolutely, absolutely decimated. And one of the reasons is we allow a lot of farm product into our country. We're gonna have to be a little bit like other countries. We're not gonna allow so much come — we're gonna let our farmers go to work. And I don't know if you remember. I love the farmers. Because I had many meetings as president. I had this gorgeous room with this beautiful table that seats about 35 people. And I was with the farmers. Usually everybody wants something. They all want subsidy. But I was with the farmers. And I think you might've been there actually Sarah. I said look, we're gonna get you such a beautiful subsidy, meaning I'm gonna do things. And one of the people raised his hand, 'Sir, honestly, we don't want a subsidy. That's the first time that's ever happened to me! Everyone wants — they want money, they want to build windmills, we want money for these windmills, ay-yai-yai. Anyway. But you know what? It was amazing. He said, almost tears in his eyes, they were getting decimated. 'We don't want a subsidy. We just want a fair level playing field! And I said nobody's ever said that. And I have many industries, they do all different things. It's probably the most dramatic l've ever seen. He didn't want anything. All he wanted was to be able to compete fairly. And the problem we have is other countries, they treat us very badly in that way, also. They really are. And sometimes the worst countries are our so-called allies. I say so-called because in many ways they're not allies at all. They take advantage of us. They really take advantage. But we're gonna do with the farmers, we're gonna do what we have to do with the farmers, we're gonna put our farmers - and do you remember the expression? When I was negotiating with China, China said well we're not gonna deal with this. Because they never had anybody to negotiate. They did whatever they want. They just took us, like, for a bunch of suckers. But I told the farmers it's gonna be very good negotiators, you're gonna suffer for six months and then they're gonna fold. And that's exactly what happened... So interest rates, energy and common sense.”

He is senile.

This is elder abuse.

He will be 82 by the end of the term and won't be able to fulfil his duties until then.

He should step down.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭hometruths

Wow. That's quite something.

Next thing we know Enda Kenny will be telling us he met these Northern European children chanting "They're eating the cats" whilst carrying two pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

It wouldn't exactly surprise me, I've heard plenty of jokes in relation to it from people who have no interest in politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

In terms of giving Trump advice, William Barr - Attorney General- mentioned that you always had to bring it back to Trump in some way and show how maybe whatever mad or bad thing he was intending to do or say, would not be in HIS best interests.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trumps forst, last and only thought is how something effects him.

Does it make him look good?

Does it make him feel good?

Does it make him money?

Does it damage one of his enemies (and thereby make him feel good)?

The idea that he does anything with someone other than himself in mind is laughable.

Advertisement