Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 16 (Plus, Pro Max and Pro)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Crazy. Yeah, experienced that years ago too. Nothing has changed. And they have the gaul to increase their bill pay year on year by the CPI plus a margin!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I have. Guess what I was told. You can’t pre order a phone over the phone.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

omg no way. Jesus that’s frustrating. The world is getting more stupid by the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

While I agree probably the majority of people won't care. But I think they notice better photos and video even if they don't know why.

I would be a person who would be interested in mobile cameras and decided to not to upgrade a DSLR to use my mobile. But even though I see the quality of the iPhone product I think it's a ridiculous price for a mobile. I don't have an iPhone.

But I'm curious why YOU would buy a pro if not into the cameras. What drew you to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

Had same experience with Vodafone today, ordered 3 times and each time after numerous failed attempts in between it cancelled my order. They also charged my card 3 times too, hopefully that will get promptly refunded but so frustrating. I did get one from Apple instead but annoying to have to pay a €100 extra for it because Vodafone can’t get their act together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

it’s a truthful statement, have you looked at night photos taken on a Samsung S23/24? Or the 100 zoom ? And I carry both an Apple 12 and Samsung 23 in my pocket, the Apple for work stuff and the Samsung for photos.

Just traded the S23 ultra for a S24 ultra in the USA, $520 :):)

iPhone 12 - 2020 12MP

S23 - 2023 - 50mp

What a daft comparison. Invalidates any point you're trying to make.

https://amateurphotographer.com/round-ups/iphone-15-pro-vs-samsung-g-s23/

There's pros and cons to either phone and camera of a similar model and vintage. Only a fan boy would claim otherwise.

It's irrelevant to someone buying a new iPhone 16. Anyone buying a new iPhone 16 around launch is likely already embedded in the eco system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

which one of those was released in 2015 like the post I quoted.

• Advertisement

My comment stands on its own facts. Not some tit for tat argument.

Anyone successfully order the 16 with Vodafone as part of an upgrade or are they only allowing preorders for new customers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OU812

But if you use gmail, maps, YouTube, photos or drive, are you not giving them the same (or more) information?

Recently got a new official apple replacement battery for kid's 11 pro (my old one), says it's like a brand new phone, faster, no lag, signal better, data speeds better. Really does seem to improve them.

As it happens, wife is getting an upgrade to a 16 net week, I'm getting her 15, so kid is getting my 13, which doesn't need a battery yet (honestly, best performance on battery ever), but probably soon will given kid's usage so I'll get an official one done before handing it over.

Have had the old phone repair shop jobs before and there is a difference. worth paying the extra for ($100/€92 at the time)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

So who's ordered what?

256gb Desert Titanium 16 Pro Max arriving Friday.

Got my case and screen protectors yesterday, looking forward to Friday now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭iniall

Ordered a 128GB black iPhone 16 for my son and a jet black 42mm Series 10 GPS Watch for me. Both arriving Friday. (Watch has been preparing for delivery since 10 September - how long can the prep take?!?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It simply means it's not released for shipment yet. Also ordered same watch and I'd say the status will update today or tomorrow for delivery on Friday. All depends where its journey originates from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Was in the US during the summer, Apple Store. Made an appointment, dropped it off, went for something to eat & got a text about an hour and 20 mins later to pick up. They even polished up the outside of the phone & the screen. Was the same device, (scratch on the side), but looked great

I believe Select is the only ones in Ireland doing an oem replacement but haven't used them yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭pureza

I ordered a black 16 pro 256gb from three,the otterbox for it arrived today,wonder will three deliver friday or monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭tjhook

For sure those apps leak loads of information to Google. But I think Android probably gives more information. I do use Youtube but not the other apps.

• Advertisement

I ordered at around 13:03 last Friday. Pre order said it would be delivered tomorrow, the 20th.

Just got tracking information from DHL and it's saying it won't be here until Monday now, first world problem i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭archfi

Anyone have any Harvey Norman experiences with pre-order iPhones for collection?

Ordered Pro 128gb last Friday 13th at 1.25pm, probably no chance of it being on time!

Got one update about 30 minutes after ordering saying it will be delayed by 7 days but no idea if that's just from the 13th or from the 20th.

I've emailed them anyhow so fingers crossed.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

got a WhatsApp from dhl with my shipping info too also pushed back a date to the 24th, thought it might sneak up to tomorrow as opposed to slipping a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

Apples preorder has never been a good experience for me. It's not like they started making the phones on the 13th or this is there first time.

They roughly know the demand yet never seem to be able to meet it, whether it's on purpose or not is another question.

In my case, my preorder has already slipped from 20th to 25th in the Apple store app but I've not heard from DHL so not expecting I will see it the 25th either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Very same here. Ordered the second it went on sale. I don’t mind the Monday delivery if I knew for sure it would be Monday and not tomorrow as I have someone organised to house sit Friday so they can take the delivery. Don’t need them to if it’s not coming til Monday ….

My rep in three business replied to an email saying he expected DPD to deliver tomorrow or monday,DPD usually text and email me late the evening before delivery,so I guess I'll know tonight sometime,if it's coming tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭GPoint

Why people need to get their hands on a new iPhone exactly on release date? A week later does not work? Genuine question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

256GB Natural Titanium ordered from Harvey Norman only one other preorder in store in Carrickmines so hopefully will get it tomorrow.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

You can get a battery replacement from Apple directly €99 for iPhone 11 and €109 for a 15PM.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement

Some people just like having stuff on launch day, nothing wrong with it.

People have worked hard for the money, and spending the money on something they enjoy excites them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭iniall

Apple Store app still saying phone and watch arriving tomorrow, but WhatsApp from DHL is saying it'll be Monday. Bah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭GPoint

nah I’d just wait until Christmas, walk in to the store and pick one up. Shopping in store more enjoyable than tracking pre order online .

You're completely misunderstanding the complications and logistics of getting millions of products to millions of addresses on one particular day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

Not at all. If they can get it here for Monday and Tuesday aka 1-2 business days later. They can get it here for launch day on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭avud

In Regards to AI on the I phone 16, if I buy one in Belfast would I have the function here in the Republic on that phone. Also if I buy here will thst phone be compatible for AI whenever it becomes available in the EU. I'm not tech savy so apologies if my queries appear to be silly. TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

It’s a software/account block not a hardware one so once it becomes available in the EU you’ll get Apple Intelligence so doesn’t matter where you buy the phone from.

You can also change your language to US English and log into the App Store with a US Apple account and get access to it before it’s available in the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭archfi

Store manager just told me my order is there from 9.30am tomorrow.

Better be!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

Ah harvey norman are usually pretty good, i got mine from them last year when i missed the preorder on the apple site.

Guy i know there actually sent me a picture of my phone with my name on it on the wednesday evening last year, i obviously couldn't pick it up until the Friday tho.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Surprised to see stuff not arriving tomorrow, I don't think I've ever had an order from Apple that didn't come on the day they initially said. Usually they under-promise and things come earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scorp8397

I pre ordered 16 pro max with vodafone as a new pay as you go cumstomer and paid 1389 euros. Dpd says it will be delivered tomorrow. AFAIK vodafone iphones are simfree now. As mine from last year was simfree.

I haven't got my dpd email yet,so I guess mine won't be coming tomorrow :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scorp8397

I got a text from dpd on the number which i provided with the order. No email so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

Had 3 failed orders on Vodafone, money taken each time and still not refunded. I really hope I don’t need to be phoning them up to get the money back, but it’s been a week now.

Ordered from Apple but it’s saying 25-30th, money was just taken from my account there now, maybe a slight chance it will arrive tomorrow!! It’s still saying that it’s preparing for shipping and no tracking number so I guess that’s unlikely.

• Advertisement

I get a delivery every monday from DPD,with an email on sunday and again on the monday morning with a delivery window and a text on the morning early with the delivery window too

Nothing tonight so its unlikely I'm getting anything tomorrow.

I’m an existing Vodafone bill pay customer and had an upgrade. I tried to preorder online every day since Friday and the site kept crashing at the review order stage. I rang them - they aren’t taking preorders over the phone and you had to go into a store, pay a €50 deposit to preorder!!!

Phone them today. As an existing customer of theirs their IT is a joke. I wouldn’t be taking any chances that they’ll automatically refund you unless the charge is “pending” on your bank account as it will “fall off” after a week max.

I think most will get their items today and it's a DHL thing not Apple. I've ordered a watch and got message via what's app that my item will be delivered by the 23rd. Apple App still showed today.

Last night my watch was processed in East Midlands Airport and arrived in Dublin today and is now out for delivery and new message received from DHL so all good.

Mines the same for the phone, but the phone is still at the delivery facility in Dublin.

I highly doubt it'll make it to Waterford today. sickened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement