Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeless Wherers - all are welcome, old and new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭gifted

Was at ploughing today with the two eldest chicks…now at the side of a pitch with the youngest chick....some day today...

Discovered my ptsb credit card is not working for some reason this week 🤔🤔🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,291 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

This is an absolute beast of a truck, would love to find a company that rents them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What a stunning day. Happy out in my little Sardii bubble. My trike arrived today 🙌 .Gonna spray it purple and cobalt (it's currently white) before I hit the greenways of Kerry. Pics when paintjob completed. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in my home office, frantically working away on re-writing a draft paper that needs to be finished for tomorrow.

Another beautiful Indian Summer day out there earlier - but hadn't the chance to go out and enjoy the weather as this work is an absolute priority.

Under pressure!

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

With this really nice weather, use it before it goes away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,679 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching Earth , and surprisingly no sign of David Attenborough , though at 98 years old he deserves a holiday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I did the supermoon last night and after a wee, stayed up to start work at the tech desk. So it was a combo of work, grub, grocery shopping, work, cut grass, cook dinner, pints and tech desk. A bit wrecked now so in the leaba.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The words "cool" and "adult trike" don't really belong together but I'm doing my bit to change that 😎.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I don't know, bikes and trikes are all over the place again in an abundance of styles, not so keen on the recumbent ones but that's my back talking I think.

• Advertisement

Are those the ones that you are practically lying down when you'er cycling? To me they look like they'd be cool to ride on a greenway but seem very dangerous on the roads. A bit to near the ground while an artic roars past!

Yes! I feel like they'd be very susceptible to the suction draft type thing created by very fast or large vehicle

I'd love to go out for breakfast early but I have to wait for the damn ploughing traffic to ease.

What a stunningly beautiful day.

I am awake again. Grr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭apache

Just catching up on MAFS. Anyone else watching?

I'm only a bit mortified that I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

You can all thank me later, but I predict this winter will be the driest for many years, on account of me getting a splendid new waterproof full length coat just recently. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭thomil

Homeside. The stress of the past few months has finally caught up with me, resulting in a major emotional breakdown, although I kept it all via Teams & WhatsApp, didn’t actually want to cause a scene in the office. Talked with my boss about finding some sort of exit strategy that’ll allow me to leave without going straight onto social welfare. This job isn’t worth ruining myself for…

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Ah, that's rough and painful. Maybe they can offer you a lower stress role and a break? Also, see a doc and take sick leave if you can? Definitely get the company to help you here, and check all your options, before taking the leave option.

I left a previous job because I could not handle the boredom and stress; and I was completely burned out. It was really poor management. They didn't offer me any other kind of work or role. They just didn't care. I should have taken sick leave. But I couldn't bear the thought of working there any more. That was after 8 or so years.

I got my current job a few months later and it's boring but a lot less stress. I know I could earn more elsewhere easily, but I'm trying to get to a better place mentally and physically before that.

Also, I'm always beating myself up or feel I'm not good enough. So, I'm learning to let all that crap go. I'm not going to try and compete with anyone else anymore. I'll do the best I can on my own terms.

• Advertisement

Nothing is worth that. Well done on making the tight call.Hopefully this represents the blister bursting and its all about healing from now on.

Thanks so much. I’m out of time off and paid sick days, and illness benefits aren’t even enough to cover the rent for me, but I’ll have to find some way forward. Trying to get an appointment with my GP to get put on sick leave anyways because I just can’t keep up. I did call our employee assistance line to get some initial help and ended up talking to a therapist for around 90 minutes, but this is going to require a lot of ongoing work.

To use an analogy from smurfjed’s world, I’ve recovered from a flat spin, but the engines are still out and I’m still losing altitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time, thomil. You're doing the right thing though, could you slot back into your previous role? If not, bite the bullet and things will work out in time.

That's tough Mill, look after yourself. I too left my last job...glad I did..

Thomil I'm only going to echo mostly the sentiments and best wishes here, honestly well done on hitting the emergency brake.

And a lot of respect too for looking at it safely, not throwing a wobbly and shutting the door behind you.

As you can see, we're here for you.

Relaxing watching Stakeout . I’m not fit for anything today . Left the bins out (about 10ft) and it was all I could do to get back to the house with my stick . Really **** depressed with the state of my mobility right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,321 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hi thomil

I'm relieved to hear that you reached out for help. That's the turning point. I've said it before I went through a similar period in a job and I frightened myself that I didn't reach that breaking point, I just kept winding myself up and up and was on autopilot.

Anyway eventually I saw sense and quit but looking back it was months too late as I allowed myself to suffer. People thought I looked amazing because I had lost a lot of weight but little did they know why!

If you have a good relationship with the company, and you've obviously been very honest and open with them, could you ask if there are any redundancy packages coming up that you could go on sick leave until then?

Or like someone else said, fall back into your old role?

But for now, you need a rest, mentally and physically. So just surrender to that.

To thine own self be true

Ah not fair. You have tough problems to deal with.

Thursday boards is buggered again 🤬

Training finished early so beer time

Off to JFK at 6am.

Nearing the finish myself, then gym then off for anniversary

• Advertisement

Breakfast:):)

Google maps did a route recalculation, so I got an unexpected early morning tour through Manhatten

Ooh very nice indeed

Off today so tackled the garden...

Took the trampoline apart, bawling I was, I bought it for the middle chick 9 years ago, only seems like yesterday. The 3 chicks didnt use it this Summer....Things are changing..I don't like change....😔

Let's hope you are not doing the flying at the moment.

Work office at my desk frantically trying to get some new course and module material together in between my classes.

Thank heaven it's Friday!! 😊

Post edited by JupiterKid on

Not me, I have a lovely first class suite awaiting me for a 12 hour journey. But I have a 3 glass limit as it doesn’t look good to show up drunk when traveling as staff. :):)

I'm similar with my teenager…but on the bright side: very soon they will be taxiing us home after a night out 😁

Watching Qualifying for the Grand Prix and am freezing . Is it very cold today or just me ?

Clearing up the garden. It is well and truly autumn. Dry, warm and dull. Good breeze.

And drinking tea.

In other news I haven't won the lottery yet.

Also, great drying weather out 😁

Watching the rugby, Thomond looks incredible, missed F1 qualifying due to a rare hangover oops

• Advertisement

Work done. Having dinner with a colleague and then the train home. A few cold ones in the fridge.

On the bus home, going through Dublin city centre after my twice monthly indoor nude swim.

It's the equinox this weekend - nights get longer than day from here to Dec 21st.

Feeling refreshed! 👍👍

/Slides Plate…

Homeside here. Taking things easy now that I've got the shopping done. Really enjoying the cooler air outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Home... First weekend since April to be spent at home 😮 On a plus note, chicken in the oven roasting, along with potatoes,turnip cooking away, looking forward to normality returning.

Home. And Portlaoiise is already buzzing. Dublin was earlier. I love these easy jobs. Park up. Take the train. Do the work. Eat the dinner and get home to a relaxing beer.

I found Love Rats on Netflix.

I'm on to Season 2 already.

There are some mad scammers out there. Some of the stories are stranger than fiction.

Gogglebox is back, delighted with the simple laughs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

scammers for sure. I just watched the tinder swindler on Netflix. Some mad mad cons on the world.

• Advertisement

I watched that a few years ago too. It was incredible. God bless the days of the heavy breather on the phone as the extent of someone acting the maggot.

Technology has a lot to answer for.

Advertisement