Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hezbollah pager explosions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

So far today Hezbollah have had cars, phones, Mopeds. Walkie talkies, pagers. Radios, solar panels, fit bits, toasters, radios explode.

Seems a consignment of goods was delivered from Iran in March for Hezbollah. All vetted for listening devices, Tracking devices but somehow, somewhere Mossad got to the shipment and got it ready for the fighters in a different way.

Tomorrow the Lebanese army and Hezbollah are having a controlled detonation of electronic devices.

Their cages will be well rattled and that's before anything heavy starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Oh yeah those 4 year olds were certainly " combatants " alright. BTW it doesn't even come close to the largest targeted killing spree. The Yanks killing close on 200 thousand Japanese civilians are way out in front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭taratee

"Too many jews"….. That phrase or similar keeps popping up on this forum.

Am Yisrael Chai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭flatty

You sound like the British government circa 1980 talking about sinn Fein.

Seven likes?

Did you read up on how many children were ingeniously maimed or slain, or did you bother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭flatty

War you say?

Christ this place is full of psychpaths. Genuinely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Israel does not care about innocents being killed. They murder them deliberately and have done for many years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Remember theres absolutely no anti-semitism ever from anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Indeed. They love death and actually back those causing it. Some saying that Israel is actually doing it for peace !! You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,547 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You are quick off the mark with trying to shut down criticism of a terrorist state there facehhugger. Par for the course. Count my posts if you want to. Up to you.

You keep being you and bigging up the genocidal zionists if you want. Is it more an admiration of them, or just a handy vehicle to mask a hatred of brown people? Or a combination of both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭dmcdona

Assuming Israel appears to have "embraced" this new terrorist playbook methodology, what do you think their red line is for its use?

Will they limit it to "combatants" or do you think they'd be happy enough to go ahead and neutralise others they simply don't like?

Reminds me of the Russian Novichock assassinations…

You guys get very defensive when something is too close to the truth. That's your issue, not mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Its a bit rich of Israel to complain about others ignoring UN resolutions when it regularly ignores them. However I agree that Hezbollah should return to the north of Litani as should Israel abide by the ruling from the ICJ on the West Bank.

I see this attack as an attempt to avoid an all out war. Gallant was about to be sacked so I don't believe these attacks were done prematurely, it was done to save his skin and try to avoid an all out war. Which is why the Americans likely approved it. Nasrallah and the rest of the Hezbollah leadership have been humiliated and the foot soliders are in disarray. I have a feeling Hezbollah would be secretly delighted with a ceasefire now in Gaza to give them an exit ramp. This is why the Americans should put real pressure on Bibi now to agree a ceasefire. Why has no one suggested sending in a neutral force to the philidelphia corridor if that is really the sticking point.

n

I suspect anyone considering offering themselves up as a "peace keeping force" would, on leafing through news reports of medics, journalists, UN staff, nuns and even sheep being murdered by the IDF, have immediate second thoughts and exit stage left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

And still Hamas/Palestine won’t surrender and release the hostages.

Why should Israel offer a ceasefire? It would only encourage the terrorists to rinse and repeat as their tactics would have been proven to be successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Israel are like the mouthy, sickly-looking, undergrown bullies who rely on their friends to jump in for them if they overstep the mark.

Danzy, surely you can realise the difference between an ally of Western countries committing genocide and <insert-whatever-random-country-or-militants=here> committing it somewhere else? In terms of what coverage you would expect in the media?

I mean there are ~100k killed in the recent and ongoing Sudanese civil war. Now, if the US decided to kill 50k of it's black citizens do you think that whataboutery would get much traction - "yeah well you can't give out about the US doing it when it's only a fraction of those killed in Sudan".

Israel gets more blowback as it pretends to hold itself up to "Western" standards. It also gets directly funded from the West. The Sudanese aren't garnering much headlines, but if one side was committing genocide against another, and the former was getting massive funding and weaponry from the UK to do so, you can bet that there'd be a lot about that aspect of it in our media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

not the case in reality.

50k fighters are easily replaced and with cheap and effective weaponry available now the big powers won't be saving anything.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭deirdremf

the Americans should put real pressure on Bibi now to agree a ceasefire

I feel you misunderstand the real situation.

So much escalation by Israel has occurred just after consultation with the USA. It shouldn't take much imagination to join the dots there.

• Advertisement

Do you think everything is like ordering your $2 gadgets from ali-express? You think they might have been mailed in from abroad in thousands of individual envelopes?

I'll let you into a little secret. If a distributor is bringing in 10k cans of coke on pallets this week, he doesn't have the final destination marked on each can of coke the minute they are taken off the back of the lorry.

You'll continue to stick your fingers in your ears and close your eyes and shout "nah nah nah nah I'm not listening. I can't see", but for the normal people, below is a link to a video from anti-semetic BBC showing a normal man at a normal food market being maimed or possibly killed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/videos/cevy90jzr9xo

Part of you might not like it being shown publicly as it exposes the crap. Another part of you might get excited at seeing him potentially die though.

Oh dear do you now think it was exploding coke bottles?

It's fair enough pjohnson. You've displayed many times your level of comprehension and general understanding. I'll leave you too it. If you ever grow up and cop on, some day you will be ashamed of your carry on in these threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it's not their job to surrender and they can't surrender anyway as this is not a war and the IDF are themselves a terrorist organisation.
    israel have to be forced into a sease fire and full sanctions imposed upon it to protect the middle east and the west.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

No I actually read and know what happened as oppose to the utter nonsense you've been trying to spread here after being proved wrong every time.

Makes sense you move onto coke bottles after having your idea Hezbollah were selling their communication devices to children debunked.

Why should Israel offer a ceasefire?

Well, there are reports of 500,000 and 2,000,000 Israelis having left Israel since October 2023.The reality is probably somewhere in between - but the numbers are only going to increase. Like in NI, in essence it's a numbers game, and those numbers are working against Israel, just as they work against the Unionists in the north. Israeli/Jewish emigration from Palestine is only going to speed up the implosion of Israel.

If they had treated the native Palestinians with a modicum of humanity they could have managed the situation to their long-term advantage, but Netanyahoo's way is going to leave Israel on the brink of extinction owing to Jews fleeing, not from the Ayrabs, but from the monster they have created themselves.

• Advertisement

There are projections of a large number of Israeli businesses on the brink of bankruptcy. There is also a potential real estate bubble going to implode.

Ironically, the elimination of Palestinian labour, and the failure of the plan to import slave labour from India and third world countries to replace them, has meant that there is virtually no construction taking place. Which has artificially created a shortage and is acting as a prop to property prices. As many Israeli's are dual citizens, the smart ones are cashing in a moving elsewhere. The ones buying their property at elevated prices are creating a mortgage bubble. Without Uncle Sam's help, the economy could crash. The anti-semitic ratings agencies have already downgraded their bonds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Well, there are reports of 500,000 and 2,000,000 Israelis having left Israel since October 2023

Those figures are nonesense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

And some deny that anti-Semitism has nothing to do with this conflict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

Do you have a link to those reports?

The population of Israel has been steadily increasing between 1970 and 2020 according to Google and Wikipedia.

• Advertisement

I'm not your nurse pjohnson. Apologies if I confused you. Easily done. I'll leave it at that.

Not only that, but the experience of Gaza should have taught Israel that if they have not been able to destroy Hamas in Gaza it is utterly foolish to take on the people who won the 2006 war.

Israeli data is hard to come by, and different bodies have different methods of counting how many have emigrated.

Having studied the available sources over a number of years, all I can confirm is that Israeli data on the matter is suspect. Mostly what is available is media reports, and none clearly based on actual facts. One source claimed that a million Israelis live in the US, but hard data isn't available - and as so many Israelis have dual nationality, they may not show up as Israeli in US statistics.

Here are some links:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/why-more-israelis-are-moving-to-the-us/

"But Israel’s US Embassy told JTA that between 750,000 and 1 million Israelis live in the country."

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/nearly-half-a-million-people-depart-israel-amid-gaza-war-report/3076116

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240719-285-spike-in-israelis-leaving-country/

Take what you will from them, it's a variety of sources from differing viewpoints.

Well there's a convincing argument! … in kindergarten maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

How are they a thread to the west, while the middle east is well able to **** it's self up without Israeli intervention

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭drury..

Did they not cop the walkie talkies could have the same fate as the pagers later

Rte said they got them about the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Is it possible a viral message got sent to these devices that caused an instant battery thermal runaway event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭drury..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭lmao10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭circadian

The Middle East is a shitshow as a direct consequence of constant western (and a little Soviet) interference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭thereiver

A normal man. Hezbollah is a terrorist organisation . He probably is a member of that group maybe just going to a shop

Ordinary civilians have no reason to use those pagers when they can buy a android phone cheap those pagers are used by Hezbollah because they think phones can be tracked and are vulnerable to being hacked by Israeli intelligence organisations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

It was actually always a **** show but the west hasn't helped.

On another note it feels like Israel might decide to invade now to push Hezbollah back. They're hardly going to let them regroup and attack then. They've been softening them up with airstrikes for months now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

There Is anti semitism,no doubt, but you'd like to be able conflate all criticism of Israel as anti semitism. The vast majority of posts are not anti semitic.

I understand the situation perfectly. Nethanyu has the Democrats snookered in an election year. If they were to put real pressure on Israel, like threatening to suspend military aid, the Republicans would then brand them as Hamas sympathisers.

At the same time I don't think Joe Biden wants this to escalate to an all out war. Which maybe why the US Government agreed to this escalation in the hope it would demoralise Hezbollah and appease Israel. One thing that has been abundantly clear is that Nasrallah in his speeches is desperate to avoid an all out war too. Hezbollah through bank channels has communicated this to the US. This latest incident will discourage them further.

Post edited by nacho libre on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭SeanW

Israel is a tiny country that is home to nearly half the worlds Jews - and they're constantly under attack by groups and countries trying to murder their people wipe them out. So it really is a simple and fairly binary problem.

Iran backs a lot of these groups and they also back Russia in its attempt to murder Ukrainians and destroy their country so again, it's a fairly simple matter.

But to the topic of the thread, if this was an Israeli intelligence operation, then FWIW I offer my congratulations to the Israeli intelligence services on a job well done. And I shed no tears for the terrorists who got hurt/killed by these exploding pagers, too good for them IMHO.

If it was a simple as you state, why do you think this war (and all the others going back 80 years) has not been solved?

Where do the illegal settlers taking land in the West Bank fit into this "binary" problem?

I'm fairly sure there are many terrorists who have the same thoughts as you - they shed no tears for the Israeli "terrorists" killed on Oct 7th and the manner of their death was also too good for them.
    I guess this is a good part of the reason of why the situation is where it is…

It is anything but simple or binary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Augme

Celebrating the death of children. You and Putin sound like you'd actually get on very well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

It is ridiculous that a state has detonated thousands of explosives inside another country, knowing that they would be blowing up in civilian spaces and it is passed off as a great victory. It is the very definition of state sponsored terrorism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

One thing I'm wondering is how they got there. Were they assembled in a third country? Were they shipped through third countries? If so, how many countries sovereignty did Israel violate when they did this? There could be huge political ramifications when this gets out.

Advertisement