Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRON MAIDEN - Malahide Castle June 25.

• 19-09-2024 7:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭

They are coming !!

An outdoor gig !!!!! WOW>….

25 June 25.

Tickets on sale Friday 27 sept

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭weezer1980

Poster

Halestorm and The Raven Age supporting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tickets from 83.75 to 88.75 according to link below (obviously add on the fees)

https://www.overdrive.ie/iron-maiden-announce-50th-anniversary-world-tour/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

Fcukin EPIC …. take my money !!!

The show will feature songs from the band’s heyday spanning the nine albums from the eponymous debut album in 1980 to Fear of the Dark in 1992

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Shred

I might actually go this time, but if there's any of that Ticketmaster 'dynamic pricing' b0llocks they can get f4cked (hopefully not considering it mentions pricing of €83.75 to €88.75).

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭limerickabroad

Well, now that is good news . . . but a mid-week night in Malahide is not exactly convenient for those of us down the country - might mean a couple of days off work, for a start.

Any advice about Malahide as a venue for those of us not in Dublin (I've never been)? Would it be better to spring for a hotel in Dublin that night (good transport back to the city after the gig, etc.?), or is driving feasible (so as not to be back in Limerick by stupid o'clock)? Part of me thinks a weekend in London might be better, and see them at the London Stadium . . .

Generally, is Malahide Castle a good gig venue?

Cheers for any info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭2Greyfoxes

I've always wanted to see Maiden Live.

I might Have to see if I can get a ticket.

Clever word play may win debates, but it doesn't make it true.

Understanding and explaining things, is not the same as justifying them, if in doubt… please re-read this statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭swededmonkey

There is a usually a decent dart service after gigs to get you back into town. The queue generally looks worse than it is as there are plenty of trains ready to move the crowd out of the village

I've only seen one gig there (The Cure, 2018) but it was a great venue I thought, I'm only 5K from there though so it's pretty easy for me!

Malahide is a small town and driving to there wouldn't be advised, there will likely be restrictions unless they create a temporary large carpark somewhere nearby (there are a couple within the castle grounds but they'd only take 200-300 cars at most I'd imagine). There are a few hotels relatively nearby in Portmarnock, Swords etc. but you could also drive to the city centre and get the Dart out and back.

Possible option for you Sandymount Hotel around the corner from the Aviva stadium currently has rooms on the night for €209. Train (DART) from Malahide to Lansdowne Station after the gig , 5 mins walk from station to hotel. Nice quite area. Free Parking …. I reckon City Centre Hotels prices would be much much more.

https://secure.sandymounthotel.ie/convert/site/Sandymount%20Hotel/en/results.php?currency=EUR&partya=0&checkin=2025-06-25&nights=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I saw them last year so probably won't go to this, but I'd recommend anyone with even a passing interest to go. They were fantastic live, with the energy of men 30 years younger, and the stage / live show / set was great. Not sure how that will translate to an outdoor setting but I imagine there'll be some pyrotechnics once it gets dark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I brought a 6 year old maiden fan last year. I suppose that given there looks like there is no seating that Malahide wouldnt be suitable to bring an 8 and 10 year old to ? They probably wont even be allowed in I expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Drive to Malahide estuary, put the seats down and get into a sleeping bag! You'll be in bed 20 minutes after the gig ends. Not aimed at you, but it baffles me why more people don't car camp for gigs. Leave the keys out of the ignition and the drivers seat empty so you cant be questioned about drink driving

I know for Rammstein no under 16s were allowed on the pitch; whether that was just for that gig or a general rule here in Ireland I don't know but gigs at Croker don't allow under 14s on the pitch either it seems. Bloody ridiculous nonetheless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Fanirish

cause a teenager died at a Smashing Pumpkins concert here and thus risk is that kids will get crushed at shows with mosh pits.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Sounds like it will be a brilliant set list, but it will probably will be populated with the same dopes who spent the whole night SHOUTING OVER Rammstein this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭limerickabroad

Thanks all for the advice on Malahide - love the Maiden community, so helpful!

Some friends of mine drove from Limerick to the Blur concert last year, and they really enjoyed the night, but they didn't get back to Limerick until after 3am, and apparently traffic was mental. Work the next day was not a pretty picture for them, so this is a big turn-off for me. Hate mid-week gigs in Dublin, so I'll have to think about this before tickets go on sale next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Iron Maiden generally dont go in for that sort of stuff, they try to keep prices reasonable.

I'm not a fan of midweek gigs myself even though I only live "around the corner" for most of them in comparison to folks like you, I've friends who come up to Dublin for gigs regularly and I don't know how they do it tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,517 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I have provisionally booked The Grand Malahide for €190 but not keen on a standing gig.

Would like to see them again and Halestorm as support is oh so tempting.

• Advertisement

That’s not bad for The Grand and very handy (booked with them direct I presume?), ; I had a look on Booking.com earlier for the craic and it was coming up at €400, I presumed they were bumping up prices due to the gig to keep the riff raff out 😁

I decided I’m going to go, going to bring junior too, presuming I actual can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Try a hotel in drogheda or balbriggan. Train is much quieter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Local hotels acting the bollocks yet again.

Price on left the Wed before gig, Price on right the Wednesday of the gig

Yep booked direct after seeing the prices on booking.com. Was double and triple checking that I had the right dates in as I couldn't believe the price difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Saw Maiden outdoors in Belfast two years ago. Absolutely brilliant show. The crowd were great also, not one gobsh1te acting the maggot.

Not sure if it was local organizers turning blind eye but there were a lot of children let in. This was even evidenced when Bruce donned a "child catcher" outfit and ran around the stage with a big pair of tongs trying to catch the boys.

Lifesize Japanese Eddie for their album at that time brandishing a big sword was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 TracyG1983

I seen Arcade Fire at Malahide in July and the access facilities were brilliant.

We paid €20 for venue parking, it was so efficient we were back in our hotel within 30mins of the gig ending!!

We had stayed at Kettles Hotel, but didn’t realise until we were there, it’s a stop off for shuttle bus services for concerts at Malahide castle.

So definitely don’t let accessibility put you off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

I’ve been to gigs in the U.K., U.S., Spain and Germany and in my opinion, Malahide Castle is the best outdoor venue I’ve attended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Prefer Malahide to Marlay, Marlay just seemed to packed there wasn't room to breathe, even on the sides near the food vans. Malahide on the other hand, even though it's smaller, has a feeling of more space. Only downside to it is that it's a long old walk in and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭waywill1966

Never been there, how far is the walk for old codgers with dodgy knees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Iron Maiden's a band that i sorta skipped in 80s/90s (always thought the tshirts were cool tho and I think I even had one) but just listened to them there and singer sounds very much like the singer from Blue Oyster Cult, whom I do like very much.

Bit like a cross between that band and Black Sabbath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

20 minute walk from the village. Maybe 30min when leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It loses major points for the location of the toilets. Absolute pain in the hole to get there but aside from that, it's a nice setup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,108 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah esp been in the Gold Circle but it's a great venue for Bars and Merch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

did you have to book venue parking or first come first served?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Does anybody have a presale code for this by any chance? Would be much appreciated..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Hoping someone also shares an aul presale code here on Wednesday :D Dont want that friday morning misery of ticketmaster…

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Do you think there will be a gold circle/front standing tier or whatever they are calling it these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Fanclub presale opens in an hour, hopefully somebody will post the seating plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zeus9494

Please send on a presale code if you're feeling generous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Any idea what type of setlist they will play.

Running Free

Iron Maiden

Wrathchild

Killers

Revelations

The Trooper

Flight of Icarus

Aces High

Two Minutes to Midnight

Powerslave

Wasted Years

Alexander the Great

Can I play with Madness

The Clairvoyant

Holy Smoke

Bring your Daughter

Fear of the Dark

I'd settle nicely if it was a lot of that. But it would be absolutely unreal if they threw in Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Would make it complete. I also have a soft spot for Infinite Dreams. But don't see that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Got Front Standing (including hard copy ticket) for €101.25.

VIP Trooper packages are €386.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Maya Hawke, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭adam240610

Anyone have a spare code? Didn't get one from them for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zeus9494

If anyone is feeling generous with an unused presale code please send on. Looking for 1 ticket.

€88.75 for front standing. General standing is just a tiny bit cheaper, not by much.

Got 2 front standing myself. Now waiting for the Hans Zimmer fan presale at 1pm!

VIP tickets are €386.55 each which include;

"One front standing ticket to see IRON MAIDEN live!

VIP access to the official IRON MAIDEN TROOPER pre-show party inc:

Complimentary apps2x TROOPER Beer tokens (where available) OR 2x drinks tokens (beers,wines,softs)

Private cash bar

Enjoy photobooth opportunities

Entry into nightly draw to win autographed IRON MAIDEN merch & memorabilia

Limited Edition 50th anniversary IRON MAIDEN (Est. 1975) VIP gift item exclusive to TROOPER VIP guests only!

Exclusive VIP TROOPER T-shirt"

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Front standing tickets bought.

Looking forward to this.

Seems like everytime I go to see Iron Maiden, theres someone in the group have never seen them before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Front standing came to €96. Appears to be €5 in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mickg007

What time did you get in the Q to get front standing? I only could get GA - and was on waiting 5 mins before 12pm today. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

My own experience: There were 65 people ahead of me when I got in. Moved quickly. Ticket email confirmation at 12:02.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Maya Hawke, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Advertisement
Advertisement