Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 16 (Plus, Pro Max and Pro)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Got mine from three via an post, of course phone to phone transfer failed. Now onto iCloud backup..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'd say you could still get it today.

As for being sickened? Seriously. Worst case you'll get it Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭pureza

Well at least someone got one

Goe's to check post box,a 1000 euro device delivered without being signed for? Hardly ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭iniall

Phone and watch out for delivery today, so Apple were right and DHL (who said Monday) not so much. Great to have the weekend to play with the new shiny.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

DHL Van pulled up outside work at 10am! :)

Handover complete, currently transferring from my old 15 Pro Max

Good stuff but really wonder what difference if any you'll notice with that upgrade.

Much improved cameras, camera control button, bigger screen, new colour.

Decent upgrade IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭archfi

They came through, have it in hand, still boxed. That'll be it for at least the next 4 years minimum I hope.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

My 16 Pro arrived today. Other than the obvious, not noticing much different from the 14 Pro.

Also, just watched this and its quite disappointing unless you got the Pro Max (or the Samsung!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scorp8397

i received mine this morning. Im vodafone billpay but wasnt due an upgrade this year. So decided to buy as pay as you go and did a guest check out and it worked on first try.

Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Got a friend (Apple Staff) of a friend to order the 16 Pro via their Friends and Family plan for me.

Found it strange that Apple staff couldn't order for launch day and expected delivery is set for Oct 2nd - Oct 9th.

Not the end of the world and can't really complain with a €210 saving on a 16 Pro, but given it's my first time forking out for a sim free device from Apple, I'm hoping it's a substantial upgrade from the 13 Pro.

I have even avoided upgrading to IOS18 on my current device, just to make it feel more new! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Redo91

Thinking of upgrading to the 16PM from the 13PM. Usually tend to do it around my birthday in October. I was just having a look at the Vodafone website to what sort of money up front I’ll need based on the €65 Red Unlimited deal I was on before. Paid roughly €400 for 13PM 3 years ago and was expecting something similar as prices haven’t increased much since.

Only seen to have the 512GB model on the website and I’ll be looking at the 256 GB but it’s working out at €990 up front with the €100 switch and save deal that I availed of when I got the 13PM. I imagine that the 256GB model will be around €700 roughly based on that.

Any idea why it is dearer? Are there better offers in store which is where I’ve always gone before? I’m with Vodafone but when my contract expired I just went on pay as you go so not sure I can get an upgrade.

TIA

Why are people paying 65 euro's pm out of contract when you can get unlimited everything on some other networks for less than half the price ?

Sky mobile is 15 a month now

You're basically throwing away money

A bit OT but still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭breeno

I guess it suits some people to pay off the handset over time rather than pay a thousand quid up front. You end up paying more obviously but it's probably not as big a gap as you'd think.

Vodafone €46 a month plan would get you an iPhone 16 for 469 and 46 per month

Total €1,573

Or

€15p/m x 24 = €360

IPhone 16 €979

Total €1,339

That being said my next purchase will be outright!

Those are 2 year contracts though,theres a poster above who has the phone paid for,is out of contract and is still giving voda the same monhly money? Thats madness 50 quid a month extra

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭comerla

I wasn't planning on upgrading from my 12 Pro Max but once I started looking into it it started to make sense to cash in on value of the Pro Max - I could use the extra battery when travelling for work and improved camera etc is a nice-to-have for pics of the kids. A 4 year upgrade cycle seems reasonable.

I hadn't any pre-ordered but went down to Harvey Norman first thing this morning on the off-chance they would have one. Most of the Pro Maxes were oversubscribed (they had minus amounts of stock for most colorways) but they had one Natural Titanium Pro Max available.

Battery life doesn't seem quite as good as reviews suggest but everything else is a step up. Its a lovely device so I'm pretty happy.

Although I still feel guilty for spending so much on something I didn't absolutely need - the missus isn't too happy with me either!

It’s very simply. I cannot afford to buy the phone outright whereas I can afford the €400 or so upfront payment and then the €65 I paid previously. The initial payment usually works out around €1k cheaper. Sure you end up paying more over the course of the contract compared to buying the phone outright but it’s only usually around €200 or thereabouts and spread out over the two years.

The issue I seem to be having this time is that the initial payment is around €1k and you’re only saving €400 on the upfront payment. Works out significantly more expensive then when you factor in the monthly payments. Doesn’t make sense compared to other times I’ve upgraded. I’ll just go in to the store and enquire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The missus probably spent more on hair, nails, makeup, clothes and shoes that she absolutely didn't need in the last month so you deserve something nice 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭comerla

Now that you mention it she is literally just back from a weekend in Marbella with the girls… 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

I got the same date as you 25-30th but i just got an email saying its shipped and be delivered on Monday 23rd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im having issues with my 16 Pro since I ported from Vodafone to Three. The phone wont update with the correct phone number. Three have logged a ticket and I'm now currently on direct to Apple. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Not off to a good start.

Ah no I understand that,its just still paying it after the 24mths is up is the 50 euro a month waste

Shop around,I was quoted €650 inc Vat for the 16 pro and then €49 pm inc vat on three business ,a 24 mth contract

That is all you can eat everything in Ireland,150 international minutes and roaming in 50 countries outside the EU,1 gb of data per day for €3.50,any day you use it in those non EU countries,which is good,considering,I'll use those outside EU mins and data?

Edit just to add,I got an email to say I'll have the phone in 2 working days

People need to stop thinking this upgrade programme with networks is good. They don’t do you any favours or subsidise the phone. Just want to lock you into new contract instead of being sim only on PAYG.

Post edited by murpho999 on

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭CptMonkey

Surely you could get it sim free for similar money. 900 euro on contract is nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

three instore today quoted 400 or so for the 16 pro for me to switch from vodafone, i was looking for the pro max and that's 719

the guy i deal with in vodafone store said to hold off for black friday offers…

• Advertisement

The €46 is a bad deal as the data speed is capped by Vodafone at 10gb which defeats the purpose of 5G phones. Really don’t like how Vodafone do this.

You’re not sure if you can get an upgrade? Sorry but there is no upgrade. They’ll gladly sell you a phone on a new contract which is what an upgrade is but still people think they’re getting a subsidised phone.
    Just shop around.

Eir have 256gb Pro Max for €39 per month and €929 upfront or €59 per month and €759 up front.

https://www.eir.ie/shop/mobile/handset/apple-iphone-16-pro-max

That’s my point! My last few iPhones have been the PM on Bill pay and I’ve never paid more than €450. No idea why it’s working out dearer this time.

Oh god yes I totally agree. I went pay as you go one the 24 months were up. €20 p/m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

phone arrived early all set up relatively easily bar vodafone esim, which always requires a trip in store for me since I always get errors when trying to transfer it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭breeno

I have that plan at the moment and I've never noticed any issues with the speed throttling to be honest. I use it as a hotspot when in our holiday home and can stream Netflix and Iptv etc with no issues at all. No problem using with work for MS Teams calls etc.

It's obviously a limitation technically but can't say I've ever actually noticed it aside from when doing speedtests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Mine originally said 25th - 30th, then said 23rd, just got a text saying it’s out for delivery today. Delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Got mine yesterday. Pro 16. I normally upgrade each year. While it’s a great phone. And I know it’s said each year. But this year. It’s very minimal update. I’d say the max is even worse.

That being said. The iPhone 16 is a great buy.

With the hole AI thing. It really is Apples most unfinished phone. I really home it comes to Europe. We are missing out on a lot of things this year because of the EU laws.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/_zachgriff/3461546560410505610?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MTByZ2dlejRjbWp4MQ==

Vodafone "upgrade" price for 16pro max is €669 and I'll get a loyalty discount of min €100 and/or a black friday discount - better than 3s and far better than eirs switching offers

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭DubLad69

can anyone tell me if new iPhones from three come locked or unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭maxamillius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭maxamillius

do you lose all data on the phone during the battery replacement? Heading to the states in October and would consider this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

select in swords do it for 96 euro and i presume its an oem replacement as they are on apple list of resellers

All Phones with esim capability on three are unlocked,at least my samsung was

i asked for it is the simple answer, but we have 6 phones (family plan) and broadband with vodafone so it's easier talk to them. and we're all out of contract at the moment….

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OU812

You have to sign a waiver that you're fully backed up, because there is a risk, but in my case, no loss.

I believe that the risk is below 1% of loss but they may need to replace the actual device, which would result in a loss.

After using the Pro Max for the weekend, happy to report the screen is noticeably brighter, and battery life is greatly improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Vodafone the fuckheads cancelled as my order as it was on the DPD delivery truck this morning..due to the fact I had tried 3 or 4 times to order it over the weekend. I had a very polite call with support where i told them that maybe if their website wasn't just an awful pile of junk I'd actually be able to order on the first try and to get it resolved asap.

Looks like it was auto flagged as Sec team don't work over the weekend..but the dipshits still took the time to ring DPD to cancel it before contacting me. Which I'm still waiting on for them to do. (sec team)

Good grief 3 hours to transfer data from android to the apple and counting

Using the ios android app

I'm sorry I started

Will check later if its unlocked

Can confirm they are locked,three are to give me an unlock code within 48hrs,strange,last samsung I got from them was unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

I’ve got the standard 13 model and it’s on its last legs. I was considering getting the pro. I read a lot of reviews and they all pretty much said there’s very little difference between the standard model and the pro this year, closest it’s ever been. I also watched several battery tests between the different models and the standard model beat the pro version every time, just by a handful of minutes tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Vodafone customer care came back to me and reserved the phone for me instore. Went onsite to collect during lunchtime and their system were down, couldn't even log into my account so no phone.

Talked to Customer Care afterwards giving out for having travelled 25 miles and no phone which in fairness wasn't their fault and I let them know that , they put me onto ordering crowd who gave me €200 off the price of the 16 pro and I was also able to get it in white titanium which is the colour I originally wanted. They also sped up shipment so I should have it tomorrow. In fairness to their customer service they sorted me out in the end.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ended up ordering a Watch Ultra 2 tonight to replace my series 5, was torn between it and the Series 10 but I want the battery to last for 4 or 5 hours of golf using GPS and the Ultra is the only one that can guarantee that.

Went with the titanium in the end, I think the black looks great but already seeing plenty of pictures on reddit etc of scratches, it looks like it scratches pretty easily unfortunately, a bit crap for a watch that's supposed to be made for extreme sports. Still the titanium looks decent enough.

I'm still on a 12 Pro phone and I think I'll be skipping this year again, there's just nothing worth upgrading for. I think I'll get another year out of the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

a few of those reddit posts have come back and said the scratches weren't scratches in the Ned and the material they hit it off came off after some elbow grease. I have an gen 1 ultra and it's been through the wars and it's barely looking used. They are fairly hardy. Hope the black is the same as I would get one of those next time.

Advertisement