Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daughters first car, Ideas?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Few to no prosecutions I'd guess - that's a matter for the Gardai.

You won't be declined if you are fronting, even blatantly fronting. Insurer will happily take your money. Your issues might arise in the event of a claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭creedp

Unfortunately the bots who decide whether you get insurance do play God with this latest insurance buzz word. I couldn't get my 18 yo named on my policy so he could learn on manual a couple of months back because no matter how many times I explained he's an L driver who will only be learning to drive accompanied by me, the only response I got was fronting, fronting bla blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

you must have a pisspoor reputation with your insurance company then. I managed to get 19 year old niece insured as an additional driver on one of my cars (plus my 37 year old cousin) and I have two registered and insured in my name for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭creedp

Driving with full licence for 30 years without a claim. You're almost sounding like those insurance bots who are exceptionally good at making unfounded assumption. Your situation also proves what a Wild West the insurance industry is, no standardisation, pretty much anything goes depending on who you talk to on any particular day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Car profile seems to be an issue regarding insurance prices, we found a 1.6 diesel Mondeo cheaper for a 19 yo to insure, than a Fiesta or Focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Hyundai i20 has been a great car for our 19 year old daughter. Economical, reliable, cheap(ish) to insure, tax, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jt69er

What would peoples opinion be on a 201 Peugeot 208 1.2 petrol with 83,000 km?

Advertisement