Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hezbollah pager explosions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Definitely not but I wouldn't automatically say Jewish people love bloodletting likes its in their dna. Or use the term khazar which appears to be connected to some obscure theory on the origins of the Jewish people. I wouldn't say Jewish people should be driven to the hills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yes they teach that in school, you should stand up to bullies and report them. It seems that only the families of bullies like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I thought it was ingenious as a terrorist organisation always hides among the general population so then it makes them difficult to get at.

It also made me laugh that Hezbollah claimed that Israel crossed "red lines" as if they are not fighting fair. The irony. Fair play to Israel on this one they have shown the world a new way to root out terrorists/paramilitaries/subversives.

This should also be a method the Irish government investigate for far right extremists in Ireland. To "take them out" if needs be. Better to do it now as the numbers are small.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Why do you watch videos of children being blown to pieces?

Have you nothing better to do with your time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭mulbot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭freebritney

Of course the term is anti semetic, anything that points out that the white eastern european colonisers in Palestine are in fact white eastern european colonisers and not some lost tribe from 3000 years ago coming to claim their rightful land because a book of fables say's so is anti semetic.

Poster warned and 3 day forum ban applied

Post edited by Beasty on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

So we’re all agreed that the pager explosions were great news - unless that is you are a terrorist supporter like many on here.

Poster warned - 3 day forum ban largely academic as the user is banned on warnongs for a while

Post edited by Beasty on

A few reason actually, firstly because this is the first genocide recorded and broadcast in realtime and 4k. Secondly I watch the news and browse social media so it's impossible to miss. Thirdly because people such as yourself would prefer if I and others didn't see what Israel is doing in Gaza and finally because I want those poor childrens lives to mean something and they do, because everytime I force myself to watch it they make my determination to help the people of Gaza stronger and to do eveything possible to support BDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nuclear bomb on Ukraine straw men now, couldn't make this up. Absolutely laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

What a load of bollox. Our closest neighbour currently occupies 6 counties on this island they couldn’t and never did give a **** about our freedom they only ever took it away. And they don’t protect us, we’re a weak link to their airspace , looking after themselves and nothing more.

And heavy lifting to protect our freedoms? From whom exactly? Russia? Who’s bogged down in Ukraine and has a made a complete balls of themselves and lost Russian territory in this past month. Who’s the other bogey man China? I some how don’t think we are on their radar as a target, if they invade any island it’ll be Taiwan.

So who is it exactly that is a realistic immediate threat to our freedom? Fiji? Botswana? Atlantis? Embarrassing indeed

• Advertisement

A few reason actually, firstly because this is the first genocide recorded and broadcast in realtime and 4k. Secondly I watch the news and browse social media so it's impossible to miss. Thirdly because people such as yourself would prefer if I and others didn't see what Israel is doing in Gaza and finally because I want those poor childrens lives to mean something and they do, because everytime I force myself to watch it they make my determination to help the people of Gaza stronger and to do eveything possible to support BDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'll see you there lads.

PS leave your phones home.

The Jews and Israelis don’t have to prove that they have a right to the land of Israel. That argument is over and done with.

After the modern state of Israel was formed the surrounding Arabs decided to end Israel. They got their ass kicked then, and the Israelis have kicked ass every time they were attacked since then - and long may it continue.

There will never be peace - because the Arabs want to end Israel.Any peace offerings to the Arabs will just be looked on as a sign of weakness.

Yes we're all in agreement that it was a clever, well thought out operation regardless of whether you don't agree with it or not. You would also have to say that flying out of a surrounded enclave on paragliders right to attack your enemy was a clever, well thought out operation regardless whether you agree with it or not.

And I see that now the discussion veers into "the jews in Israel are not actual jews" - mad bizarre stuff, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Who said the argument is over? Israel will always be attacked because it's a foreign virus in the region and the only way Israel wins this is to kill every person in the Levant, otherwise just like most other colonies they will fail.

Everone who has attacked has got a well deserved bloody nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I like many people take issue with some of Israels conduct, but with that said, the majority of anti Israeli sentiment in this country and on this platform is driven by people on the left and or far left which has a difficult history with antisemitism to say the least.

I've always taken issue with the assertions of groups like the ADL that any criticism of Israel or any Jewish people is inherently antisemitic but over the last eleven months since the October 7 terror attacks people have become comfortable discussing their dislike of Jews in a manner I've never seen before.

As a kid there was a Jewish family on my street and the abuse they received from all sorts of people for simply being Jewish was astonishing, Ireland has never had a huge population of Jews but we still engage in antisemitism regardless.

It's probably time we dissociated the Israeli government from Jewish people as a whole and started approaching the situation is a rational and grown up manner. Currently people are treating the conflict as some sort of sporting event, donning Palestinian flags and wearing headscarves as if they were wearing their teams kit in support of them. The whole thing is unseemly and I'd hope that boards is taking serious action against posters making disgusting comments about Jews, the post you quoted to my mind should be grounds for very serious punishment indeed because we shouldn't normalise hatred of any kind.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Except they didn't, did they? They deliberately targeted and killed or kidnapped children and old people. The exact opposite of the pager operation.

In other news, twitter is full of claims that Hezbollah's second in command, Naim Qassem, has just been killed in an attack on a Hezbollah building in Beirut. That hasn't been officially confirmed yet. The building was bombed - it's just the name of the main target and whether he's actually dead that hasn't been confirmed.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

How many videos of children being blown to pieces have you watched?

It's strange these videos are impossible to miss because I've never watched a video of a child being blown to pieces.

Anyone who turns up at this is a terrorist supporter. Hezbollah are just scumbags.

You'd be a big supporter of Milltown then and Micheal Stone I'd say, a hero of yours.

So you don't think planning and executing an operation on the scale of Oct 7th right under the noses of one of the worlds most sophisticated militaries in one of the most surveilled pieces of ground on the planet was tactically brilliant? I don't for a second agree with it but you cannot deny it humiliated Israel on a scale not seen since the 6 day war and to keep that operation secret really makes you question Israeli intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Lebanon’s national news agency NNA has said five children are among the victims of a strike on a building in the area of Jamous Street, in southern Beirut.

The agency added that an F35 airplane targeted the residential area with two strikes.

• Advertisement

Here you go, knock yourself out. Just type in Gaza and get your fill, theres over 14000 children dead now so you should be satisfied

https://x.com/?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭dmcdona

I would imagine any civilised State would be looking at what Israel is doing and is horrified and also noting that much of it is illegal under International Law.

Rooting out terrorists by dropping 2000lb bombs on Cities - do you think that is "fair play"? Murdering 30,000 women and children - fair play?

As for you seemingly condoning the Irish Government taking out "far right extremists" using the same methods as Israel - are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭dmcdona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I’m far from a conspiracy theorist but I can’t believe Israeli intelligence weren’t aware Oct 7 wasn’t being planned and the decision was made to let it go ahead

Oh it was a massive psychological coup, I don't deny that. I'm just disagreeing that "your enemy" can reasonably include 9 month old babies or concert goers, so no, it was not a military action in that sense. It was just terrorism. Cleverly executed terrorism, yes, but targeted against civilians.

I get that you don't see the difference though. Or don't care - presumably because like Hamas you think "Jews" in general are the enemy.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Advertisement

I’d be more of a Tom Barry man myself, but you’d have to admire Michael Stone’s moustache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭mulbot

That argument will never be done with - the British had no right to give land to anyone. The other part of this, even if you agree that they had a right to this land, donated by the Brits, is they've gone beyond what they were given, including up to the point of wanting to take surrounding land from other countries, a FACT produced by Lugs himself in September last year where he officially showed a new map of the "greater Israel" where, Syria, Lebanon and even Saudi Arabia were shown as new Israeli land. Dispute that Zionist lovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

only half. But for some types you need to go in hard or go home. Big Western powers invent and only follow “international law” when it suits them historically. That is the truth of it

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

An "Emergency vigil" ****, that will show the Israelis

And anyone who stayed at the previous protests one second after the Hamas or IS flag went up is also a terrorist supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I doubt the people at the march will care what posters who support the military operation which continues to kill innocent women and children in Gaza think of them. Those posters have no leg to stand on.

And would it be conspiracy theory to think the same about 9/11? There was plenty of information about that, in hindsight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

No doubt, plenty of our " new natives " involved + a bunch of the usual " useful idiots" and maybe add in a Mary Lou ......

#cringe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭taratee

Oh, they did and serious questions need to be answered on that front. From my reading of the situation, and I support Israel just to be clear, they were aware of the threat but they didn't believe that Hamas had the resources or the ability to do what they did on October 7th. They were probably expecting a small attack, that they'd deal with in the usual manner, and things would calm down again after a few days.

• Advertisement

Yes of course, because I'm against Israel massacring children I'm Hamas. So Hamas murdering 1 nine month old child is a tragedy but Israel murdering 14000 children is collateral damage. Your a disturbed indivdual to be honest.

warned - forum ban increased to 2 weeks

Post edited by Beasty on

I think a lot of the people who show up at these marches are attention seeking, serial, protesters. They were probably at the anti-immigration protests yesterday.

This is the best example yet of how your average Israeli views a Palestinian. When they shot the 3 surrendering hostages who were bare chested and waving a white flag, an IDF official said "they thought they were Palestinians". Nothing, not a word or single question about why you shot 3 unarmed men waving a white flag from 50 yards, just a shrug of the shoulders. The most moral army in the world though.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/3-israeli-hostages-tried-only-killed-military-rcna130912

Nah - you're grand thanks.

Sounds like you should maybe take a break from it too - can't be good for your mental health.

I would imagine it's made up two main groupings.

The useful idiots who would go on whatever protest was the cause du jour. Most of these would struggle to point out Gaza if you gave them a map of the World.

The other group are the Jew-haters of the Left - delighted that a conflict happening thousands of miles away which we've nothing to do with has given them a nice bit of cover to engage in a good old fashioned bit of anti-Semitism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Joe 90

I thought that Hamas simply wanted to kill every Jew.

Israel is a "foreign virus" in the region. Is it really? I would argue that it isn't based on the number of countries in the region that were looking to normalize relations with Israel. Some would argue that October 7th happened because countries like the UAE and Saudi Arabia; two major players in the region, had normalized or were normalizing relations with Israel, and Hamas realised that they were going to be left behind.

Edit: Have you ever visited Israel?

So we're back to this again, if your against 14000 children and another 100.000 civilians being slaughtered then your a usefull idiot or a Jew hater. You can't be a regular old human being with a conscience and a sense of right and wrong.

Yes I think that was clearly a major reason behind Hamas' attacks. Israel was in the process of developing normal relations with Saudi Arabia and the other wealthy, powerful states of the region, and Hamas were terrified that peace would break out.

In that respect, I don't know whether Hamas have won or not yet, because peace is certainly farther away than ever, but I presume they never imagined that Iran and the rest of the Arab world would be so determined not to get directly involved.

I think what happens now in Lebanon will be a major deciding factor in whether Hamas finally get what they wanted or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭uptherebels

What does a "proper" military look like?

Which freedoms are you referring to?

Advertisement