Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hezbollah pager explosions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭freebritney

Or when Bibi met and embraced Pollard on the tarmac after he was flown to Israel on Sheldon Adelson's private jet upon his release. Pollard has been described as the most damaging spy in US history when he gave Israel US battle plans. Again with friends like these.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/jan/12/julianborger1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Because your last post, the one I quoted, suggested it the victim blaming. I didn't even mention Hezbollah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I did though. I made it quite clear, in that short post, which you quoted, so you can't have missed it:

"Is there any point at which the terrorists themselves are responsible for those deaths?"

So unless you think the children are terrorists, you could not possibly have thought I was referring to the children.

Pure bad faith on your part - I'm done with you.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

Everything you've posted so far has been misleading. I'm not going to go on clicking on all your links to find out where you've misrepresented the contents of each one.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

Did you forget to quote the next paragraph?

The Mossad decided to give its CIA allies only a general warning, he adds. Refusing to give them specifics, Mossad chief Nahum Admoni is quoted as having said: “No, we’re not there to protect Americans. They’re a big country.”

Doesn't disprove my point. You lied when you said Mossad "didn't bother" to warn the US. They warned them. As your own link says explicitly.

That's a fairly long winded way saying I don't like what your posting, you seem to know what your talking about and I can only answer in vagaries and Daily Mail like bigotary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭wandererz

Maybe learn to spell and I might be more inclined to believe you've understood what you quote. And try using quotation marks too - it helps with clarity. Because the above is a hot mess.

Of course that would mean you were mostly lying rather than mistaken, so I'm not sure that would be much better.

• Advertisement

You forgot to say anti semite as well. It's stressful defending a genocidal state that's built on a lie, you did well holding it together for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Probably no illegals here so. Or likely to come in the future due to the strict policing in this area.

My bad.

Here's what people in Lebanon are saying about Hezbollah's tactic of using residential buildings for their war meetings:

(She's a Lebanese journalist, of Shi'a origins)

What I say is from a heartache and pain: Why did the Radwan leaders meet in a civilian building, knowing that they were exposed to security threats, and after Israel proved that it could reach anyone in Hezbollah? A meeting like this would inevitably expose the lives of dozens of children and civilians to death and extreme danger... and unfortunately this is what happened.

And here's what they think of Hezbollah (this is the same journalist, but she got 2k likes, and also read the replies to her tweet. She's a prominent journalist there.)

"The next battle could destroy Israel, it could wipe Israel out, and I'm not exaggerating."Secretary General of Hezbollah, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, August 5, 2019.

"We have suffered a setback, and we acknowledge Israel's technological superiority over us."Secretary General of Hezbollah, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, September 19, 2024

(There doesn't seem to be a Wiki article on her in English, but anyone who wants to can google translate enough to see that she's not a bot nor even some random tweeter.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Why? Does it effect any of the points I raised?

Again it was not Hezbollah who detonated the bomb, It was Israel. Blaming children for being in the wrong place is like using the Israeli excuse '' command centre there''. If you detonate a device where children are then it's murder.

• Advertisement

Is that supposed to be a big gotcha? No one is denying Hezbollah or Hamas are hiding in civilian buildings, that's what insurgents do. The issue is Israel dropping 2000lb bombs in refugee camps knowing they'll kill scores of innocent people to get one Hamas fighter. When the US was attacking Fallujah they didn't carpet bomb the city despite the insurgents hiding among the population. The only other army to use the tactics of the IDF were the Nazi's in Warsaw among other places.

well they're certainly not arriving in 500,000's.in a small timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Kiteview

Last time I checked, the Ukrainians didn’t have a major track record of invading other countries but it still didn’t stop them being invaded. Likewise the Cypriots.

Invaders don’t factor that into their decision making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭brickster69

"if you get on the wrong train, get off at the nearest station, the longer it takes you to get off, the more expensive the return trip will be."

Who and why would invade Ireland? 800 years since we were invaded and if my history books were correct the ''invaders'' were invited.

• Advertisement

So Dima Sadek is victim-blaming then, is she? Those Lebanese, what are they like blaming their own children for getting killed!

Meanwhile though:

I don't know who that is and what it has to do with my post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭suvigirl

What if 500,000 legal immigrants entered the country over that time frame?

Its more likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Let's say Iran hit the IDF military building near to the large hospital in Tel Aviv which ended up badly damaged in the strike. Would pro Israelis here blame Israel for having a military building near a hospital? By the way Jonathan Concrius admitted if Hezbollah were capable of launching a simliar operation against the IDF he would describe it as fair game. I suspect the apologists here will disagree and hide behind the excuse that the IDF is a legitimate army therefore a simliar attack would be terrorism. A bit hypocritical because the IDF as we know was founded by Irgun terrorists and regularly engages in state terrorism by maintaining the occupation in the West Bank. The apologists want to ignore that and childishly accuse critics of Israel as having ulterior motives.

Sure. I provided links above. Maybe have a look.

The largest group of modern Israelis are of Middle Eastern origin whose grandparents were driven out of other Middle Eastern countries by Muslim attacks, so your claims are just false and therefore can rightly be labelled antisemitic.

Your right. Look at the poor old Palestinians, they never invaded anyone either and then a load of Eastern Europeans landed on their shores and started kicking them out of their houses and off their land because a book said they lived there 3000 years ago. Then those same people claim that you only hate them because of their religon and not because they stole your house and land.

I still don't get it. You mention someone that I never heard of and give no rfeference to assist me. Then you memtion that Hamas sent baloons into Israel presumably with explosives. I'll make it simple for you - Anyone who kills children by detonating explosives deliberately is guilty of murder. No pointing in blaming the victims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The entire Radwan command was taken out today as well as the military chief of Hezbollah.

Impressive

That's ok. You've already made your ignorance abundantly clear. I wouldn't expect you to start trying to educate yourself at this stage in your life. Still, for anyone else who missed it:

Dima Sadek is a well-known Lebanese journalist. She's from a Shi'a Muslim family.

I quoted a tweet where she made the same point as I did about terrorists being responsible for the deaths of those children in Beirut today - the point that you think is victim-blaming. Nor does she think it's normal for Hezbollah to use residential buildings, as some posters on here have been blithely insisting.

Somehow I think she knows a great deal more about who is really to blame than you do.

• Advertisement

That's a despicable tactic by Hamas that thankfully seems to have been unsuccessful. The IDF have been dropping objects disguised as 2000lb GBU-24 Paveway bombs on Gaza that have a higher success rate unfortunately with over 16,456 children killed in the past 11 months.

When you become abusive then you are losing.

Quoting someone who agrees with you doesn't cut the mustard either. Just more victim blaming. There are loads who wouldn't agree with her.

That’s not the point. The purpose of defence is to ensure that never arises because it is too costly for a would be invader to invade. The classic example is actually neutral Switzerland which has hundreds of thousands of its citizens ready to deploy within 2-3 hours of an invasion (and, having lived there, I can assure you they actually do keep their uniforms and automatic rifles at home in their wardrobes so they are ready to go). By way of contrast, our armed forces are so underfunded and weak they’d probably still be trying to overcome Hamas had Hamas launched its attack here on Oct 7th instead.

Maybe the Palestinian settlers need to return home to the lands they came from, nearly every Palestinian is from Egypt, Iraq, Arabia, Syria.

The children of the ottoman empire in anothers land.

We should keep this thread to the fightback against Hezbollah not fairy tales of Palestine.

Dropping a bomb on a residential building and killing children isn't really impressive. The bombing in the safe house in Tehran was impressive, the drone strike through the window in Beirut was impressive, dropping a bomb from a F-35 over a city with no air defence isn't impressive.

Why would Hamas invade here? You never mentioned the who and why I asked about.

Ha ha and maybe the US will be handed back to the Red Indians. Australia back to the Aborigines too etc etc. Have you any other good ideas?

Your joking right, the whole thing is caused by fairytales from a book of fables 3000 years ago FFS. Of course it's the dark skinned Arab people who are the settlers in the Levant and not the pasty skinned Eastern Europeans and Russians from the Caucasus

That's why I was laughing. Very funny. To think that many of those Jewish Israelis who arrived from Russia could be fighting for Putin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The actual strike wasn't particularly impressive, but having the knowledge that they were there having a meeting indicates Israel has very good intelligence on Hezbollah. Nasrallah is on the ropes now. The entire Hezbollah military council has been taken out along with their top two military officials within the past month . Nasrallah still won't declare all out war because he knows it will be the end of Hezbollah. It's clear who has really learnt the lessons from the 2006 war. It just once again proves Seanw and others who talk about Israel fighting for their very existence as rubbish. If I can use a boxing analogy Hezbollah are a lightweight fighter trying to take on a heavyweight Boxer- it's a complete mismatch.

The maddest thing is two posters are apparently as ignorant as you about the second world war. You may not have heard of the bombing of Dresden, but you can hardly have failed to have heard about Hiroshima. There was another one too - maybe if you think really really hard it will come back to you.

Or there's the bombing of multiple French cities by the Allies, which killed something like 70 000 000 civilians. Or the Netherlands, where hundreds were killed.

But you're so desperate to find a way to compare Isarel to the Nazis that you ignore all those and pretend they never happened.

Exactly, putting the bomb in on top of the top 20 commanders of Hezbollah's special forces, while meeting the military chief of Hezbollah and senior Palestinian Jihadis.

It's the knowing when and where, always.

Lot of Lebanese hate Hezbollah and the Palestinian invaders and remember their beautiful country before they destroyed it. So Israel has a lot of friends calling in with tips

Israel are fighting for their survival, if Hezbollah are left remain in existence it will arm better and attack more .

They are still a potent threat.

You've obviously never been to Israel. Over half the Jewish population is Mizrahi or Sephardic.

Should those Jews go back to Iraq, Yemen or North Africa etc - ie, the places where they were expelled from?

And what about the many many Gazans whose families had come from Egypt in the early years of the 20th century to profit from the booming economy that the Jewish presence led to compared to the poor places they were leaving - presumably you'd send them all back to Egypt?

Putin might like some of his lads back from Israel. Just sayin'.

I mean, she's a famous journalist and TV presenter in Lebanon, and from the same ethnic/religious groups as Hezbollah - but yeah, sure, why would you listen to her criticising Hezbollah.What would she know, right?

• Advertisement

There are equally journalists with the opposite view as you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Surely this has got to be a piss take?

🙈🙉🙊

Well off you go then - why don't you find some Christian Lebanese journalists who say it's victim-blaming to say Hezbollah should not have been using a residential building to hold their meetings in?

That'd be the closest equivalent - I don't think there are enough Jews left in Lebanon to find any willing to speak at all so I won't ask you that.

What on earth has that got to do with your claim that it's "victim-blaming" to blame Hezbollah for those children's deaths??

It seems there are Irish people who really hate "da Jews" that much that they can convince themselves that a bunch of Hezbollah paramilitaries are heroes and martyrs.

Sure there's one on here insisting that it is "victim-blaming" to say that Hezbollah bear any responsibility for the deaths of the children in the residential block where Hezbollah was holding their war meetings.

FFS

• Advertisement
Advertisement