Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotel in Tramore

• 22-09-2024 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how the progress is going im the Hotel in Tramore, I think its the Strand or the Grand Hotel Tramore? I know frisby bought it, but is there actual work going on in it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Plenty of work planned but the waterford/Ireland says no brigade are allegedly putting off commencement of work as they have a tendency to put 2 + 2 together and end up with 50 followed by petrol soaked fabrics in bottles being lobbed in on top of workers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Let's be honest, all the men in tents along the canal need to be moved into somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Quitelife

the owners of these hotels will be millionaires over night if they get the asylum seeker payments …. Normally owners will be well connected to Fine Gael or Fianna Fáil TDs to get the ludicrously generous payments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Some mad conspiracy theories there🤣

What's the conspiracy?

• Advertisement

Millionaires over night is a bit of a stretch, agreed.

Not the bit about collusion with gov parties to get favourable rates and payments?

Everything is a theory until happens though right? Hardly a conspiracy when collusion with government parties and senior government officials has absolutely happened before in a multitude of instances.

Poster said nothing about "favourable" rates or payments.

Hoteliers get paid to take in refugees, true.

Companies and firms associated with politicians always come out on top because nepotism and corruption, that has been proven, true.

I don't see any conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭beachhead

100% correct Hijpo

• Advertisement

Can you give me one example of collusion between a company in waterford and a politician?

Fred Forsey. Four years in jail for taking payments from developers and going to councillors to get land rezoned.

You aren't that naive to think the links are directly back to politicians. You know as well as everyone else there's an acquaintance of a cousin involved when it comes to this stuff.

It only happens if they get caught right?? 😉

But let's not derail it any further.

Which hotel are you talking about? The one by the library or the one by the amusements?

Post edited by Hijpo on

Which politician? im not being smart but youve named 1 instance that Ive asked for, you are stating that its common practice that politicians today are corrupt and accept bribes, I cant agree with you there. The Hotel I was refering to is the Grand Hotel, which was bought by frisby construction, Hotel owners are perfectly entitled to house whom ever they want in their hotels, Theres nothing corrupt or no need to bribe or win contracts to house Asylum seekers. There isnt enough hotels available to fill the need and alot of hotel groups wont accept asylum seekers or take up the offer of housing asylum seekers as they see it as bad for their business model. some business owners couldnt care less but probably didnt care much about employees rights etc to begin with

Also can I just say, We cannot have a functional society without proper governance and political systems, A society without these things would be a complete breakdown in society, on the other hand if you prefer we could have communism, where you would be told what to do without elections, i know which one I'd prefer, thats a political system where I get to choose and vote, and if you still really arent happy with politicians, then get involved yourself and run for election or set up your own party etc, cos until then youre just moaning on boards like this and being grumpy about how you dont like the current status quo without doing anything about it, People are flawed, there are bad people in every aspect of society, some have gone to jail, Doctors killing patients, Nurses killing babies, bad accountant, bad teachers and so on, humans by their nature are flawed.

Advertisement