Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Postcode for Freesat

• 22-09-2024 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭

I've ordered a Manhattan sx freesat stb (no HDD) for a relative.

Is there any advantage of certain post codes, or is it all the same.

I've all mine set to Buck House SW1A 1AA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭decor58

I don't think so, I use the Albert Hall, SW72AP, for London, NI is on 966, slight variation in programming/timing on occasions .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I use a London one, generally they show BBC TV shows earliest without regional variations (Graham Norton Show for example). Can always view/record BBC NIRL shows via the Regional channel group if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 c2r

Was there something once about sports rights that you get GLR radio if you choose London, but not if you choose elsewhere? Not sure if that still applies. Obviously anything free then you can add manually anyway…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I always used an NI one, as I didn't want news from Yorkshire or Norfolk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Same here, prefer to know what happening in the northern part of our country instead of local London news.

I use BT2 8HQ since I got my first Freesat box back in 2008 iirc, BBC NI postcode I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Match of the Day on Wednesdays is on late in NI, after Nolan. Question Time on Thursdays after The View. BBC 1 London they start at 22:40.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl6q/2024/10/02

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Any beginning BT.. in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭dougm1970

bt11aa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah i used to watch those 2 programmes on one of the higher BBC channels like BbC London or whatever, but was still handier for me to always have 101 as BBC NI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I never used a Freesat, Freeview or Saorview system. The TV guide from the Sunday Times, and Now & Next on my Free to Air system serves my needs. It is very handy for zapping around all the UK channel variations.

I was glued to the BBC One CI local coverage of King Charles' visit to Guernsey a while back🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Thanks for the input.

Looks like it's all the same, and there's no real advantage of one over the other

I'll use the same post code on theirs that I use on mine . SW1A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

The only advantage of using a London postcode is, as mentioned above, you get one extra radio station (BBC Radio London) on 718

The postcode also sets the region for BBC One, BBC Two and ITV or STV or UTV on 101-103

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Thanks for that.

I'm pretty familiar with freesat, in still using my original foxsat, albeit with a replacement HDD, the original hd failed early on.

I've a newer humax with HDD (non 4k) , but I still prefer the older box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭beachhead

TV guide in Saturday's Sun covers more channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭decor58

Thats the beauty of Freesat, whether its 101 or 966 or whatever region, its only a three button press. Yes ITV is a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭waywill1966

I use a Glasgow postcode as I watch Scottish football a lot!

Advertisement