Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 TheFlyingWingBack

ah perfect thanks thought it was 2 weeks after my own , was panicking there haha , felt it went good and answered all they asked but always hard to know , hope yours was good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kevmac07

I passed fitness test last week and I have my medical next week,my problem is I'm on a anxiety tablet and I'm panicking incase this is going to cause major issues and maybe get my application declined as they might see me as unfit mentally...anyone on anxiety/antidepressant who done medical and passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bigboy24

hi guys, just a quick question for people that passed their PCT. What’s the best way to exercise for the sit-ups. To finish under a minute? Just do core workouts or any specific exercises? I failed my pct because of the sit-ups. I focused on the beep test and push ups and failed to train on the sit-ups. Any suggestions would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Tra112

they may look for a letter of your treating doctor looking for an evaluation, how long you are on them, what treatment and the possibility of you coming off them.
    maybe you should go to your treating doctor and have the letter with you on the day of your medical so occ health can send it in with your medical form. If there is a possibility of you coming off them, the letter should state that…

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Darceyrocco

did you get every question the right answer if you know what I mean I done mine and in this batch 5 also so hard to tell with them how you did !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 aod214

when i trained for it for the first week i just did how many situps i could do in the minute, did that every day just to get a baseline of where i was at… then i did planks and other core exercises… i also did reverse situps where you slowly lower yourself down from the situp with your arms straight up above your head and try hold as long as possible before your back hits the floor i found those helped a lot with improving my score… apart from that i didnt do much… on the day before i made sure i was hydrated and on the day of i drank a can of monster and a shot of beetroot nitrate, i also took creatine on the weeks leading up to it, hope this helps and best of luck

hi,

Could I check with you was it the

HRPD.GardaTrainee.Info@garda.ie and was the phone number 01 6662322 to follow up. I sent in a cert and rang but I honestly have no faith in the person who took the call, he seemed disorientated 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RosieJones24

Hi

Can anyone please explain the obstacle course

I seen the quick video online but only shows a bit….do you have to climb ropes or anything like that or do monkey bars?

Also is there a bar to secure your feet for the sit ups?

For the beep test , what is the distance between the two points?

I know this is explained somewhere online but can't find it now…i just think someone on here might explain it better that has done the PCT in the past few weeks please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thegeneral01

Obstacle course is exactly like the video, none of the fancy stuff youre thinking. You've your timer going around iwth you diorecting where to go next as well to help.

Yes to the foot bar, but also when youre practicing remember your press ups are straight away after the sit ups. That nearly threw me altogether.

Beep test is 20 metres, they announce what stage youre at along the way.

A key part they dont mention is for press ups and sit ups they're dead set on you using their way. No point in showing off the instructor said as you just need to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭po candidate

Those were the contact details I used aswell. Got no email back so called. Spoke to a lady and she said she'd send me out a new link to re book pct. Nothing yet though 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Confitzy

was fine. The beep test is the hardest part but if you trained for it you’ll be fine. The rest is pretty easy imo.

there was about 34 and about 10 didn’t show up either. Had to park in the golf course aswel so leave about 10 mins extra to allow for the walk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mld20

thanks. I got an email earlier from a lady called Theresa, seemingly she reschedules the PCT, she said I would have the link in the coming days to rebook for October.

01 6662571 is her contact number at the bottom of her email, just in case you wanted to ring her re: your link.. coz honestly that guy I spoke with day didn’t seem to know much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 Prestige Worldwide

Just had my sergeant interview this evening, I’m in batch 1. Any one else have theirs? Process seems to be moving along quickly. Also had the same call as others last week to confirm availability for December If my vetting clears in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 TonyTiger100

How was the seargeant interview? Was it like an interview or more of a meet and greet? When was the interview scheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Murphy2024

Nice. How was the Sergeant interview? was it like a normal interview or more like a chat? Hopefully will have mine soon had the same call last week.

It’s really nothing to worry about. Mine went really well and the sergeant was very friendly. It’s just a general conversation, all together I was there around 40 mins, definitely didn’t feel like an interview.

What did they discuss and ask??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scoobert01

Did they ask anything about where you work like in the original interviews?

• Advertisement

I was asked why I wanted to be a guard, about previous and current employment and the course I studied. Just standard questions really. He had a copy of my vetting form in front of him so he drew on specific examples from it for some questions.

A good few failed the beep test but they didn’t train they said. Some failed on the sit ups also. A bit of training and you’ll be fine. Do you play sport? Everyone passed the obstacle course

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paddy77

Do they count out your sit ups to you when your doing them for PCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 korea 1

….

• Registered Users Posts: 22 korea 1

they count your sit ups and push ups and you’ll know when to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Brainstoburn

Does anyone of the older generation no what is expected no of press ups and sit ups your expected to to do I'm talking over the age 40 thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 Malachy78

40-49 yrs

Bleep test 6.3 That’s over and back 63 times

Sit ups 26 in one minute

Press up 13. No time limit

Its not over and back 63 times, its less then that. As the earlier levels are less then 10 beeps per level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JayK966

I have my pct this weekend I’m just wondering peoples experiences with it, I’ve just recently been able to start training again after being injured I have a relatively decent fitness level but being off training a while I don’t feel really confident it’s the sit ups and push ups that I’m worried about the most how did people find them in comparison to the obstacle course and bleep test and can you go back and repeat in the next few weeks if you fail ?

• Advertisement

yes sorry your right

All good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 Galwayeast5

just wondering if anyone can confirm that this is current levels for PCT thanks

These are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 AssassinJimmy100

There is also a different one for 50 to 55… Bleep is 5.4 Sit-ups are 20 and Push-ups are 9 and the course is the same for everyone.

Can anyone help me with the affadivit I have to get it for a few details on my form b what steps do I need to take to get an affadivit do I contact a solicitor or is there a form I fill out then contact someone to swear it for me ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭po candidate

Contact a solicitor and they can do it. You tell them the information you can't get and why and they'll draft it up. Mine sent it to me before hand to make sure it was OK. I then went to their office with my ID and that was it. It cost me 50e.

Thanks very much appreciate it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 chrisreidy

Just wondering does anyone know how long it takes to get your results back from your interview im in batch 5 thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Brainstoburn

I think it's the 4th of October I done mine last Thursday so roughly two weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 chrisreidy

Had mine the 13th thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 RosieJones24

how long roughly do you have to run the beep test in?
    for example I’m in my 40’s female so how much time do I have to run the 660 meters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 AssassinJimmy100

Hi, everyone, I have my Medical in the CHI centre in Dublin on Monday and PCT on Friday. What tests are done in the CHI centres? Is there anything I should be aware of? Also how long is the PCT as hoping to get the 5.55pm train back? My test is at 2pm. Also just want to clarify what paperwork I need to bring to the PCT? Thanks in advacne for anyones feed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kevmac07

Let them know on day you have train to catch and they will let you do the stage 2 first,normally everyone is out within 4 hours so you should be fine 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 boards_24

hey everyone 👋🏼

for the interview are they direct with the competency questions? I have the careers service preparation course and the way they word some of the questions for the interview can throw you off a bit, just wondering if it’s the same in the real thing?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 Galwayeast5

I found them to be very clear and direct an no confusion as to which one they were looking for an example on.

thank you! Do they ask if you’ve any questions at the end?

Some can be direct some might be more vague and you have to match the competency to the situation (work, life or college) they bring up. You should have 2 examples for each comp to cover yourself. If unsure just say what youve prepared to cover yourself.

when do they give you your written exam results? I’ve my interview in two weeks if anyone could offer advice or what to expect that would be great.

Thanks a million 🙏🏼

yep. Let them know you have a train time. They will look after you. I remember they checked this at the introduction

• Advertisement
Advertisement