Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a treadmill

• 24-09-2024 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All

I am looking at buying a treadmill in the next two weeks, budget from 1,000-1,300 and after some research three models keep popping up

1. NordicTrack EXP 5i Max speed 16k, 2,6cv Power Continue, weight 90kg (smart)
    2. NordicTrack T5.5 S Treadmll, seems to older model? max speed 19k, 2.75 cv power continue
    3. BH i.boxster plus 22km. 2.0 cv power continue (smart)

Usage wise be my daughter for winter runs, she won't hit the top speed, myself for easy or long runs, top speed not an issue as be about 14kph

Shops seem to be elverys, mcsport and fitnessdigital(no show room?).

Any advice on the above equipment or places to avoid?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I have had awful trouble with my nordictrack, the support is not handled by them. Would you look at a 2nd hand commercial one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Commerical ones are too big for where we want to store it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kd82

I got a Nordictrack 2nd hand but very little use. The board cracked really quick and I put it down to me buying a dud. I replaced the board a month ago and it's cracking again after about 10 runs. I'd avoid. I'm 85-88kg if that's any help. Might work well for lighter people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭chuckles1

I got a secondhand nordictrack about a year ago, running a few times a week on it and its going fine…..95kg (unfortunately).

It got a fair bit of use before me as well buts seems to be going well…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

What version of Nordic track?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kd82

Commercial 1750, older model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I purchased a Proform Carbon TL about 18 months ago from MC Sport. Nice big showroom, helpful staff.

Got a good discount on it..

No problems with the treadmill… its maybe a slightly dated model at this point but still really good… and MC have a big showroom and helpful staff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭Rossi7

MC Sport have a few Nordic models on display in their showroom that you can try out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I bought a Nordictrack commercial 1750 second hand three years ago - though it only had ~450kms on board when I bought it. Not sure what mileage I've put on it, but I'd guess around 3-4k kms. Except for replacing the motor, motherboard, removing the fans, removing the stow bar, sporadic instantaneous shutdowns, excessive rust, having to short circuit the emergency stop, jamming of the elevation screw, stripping it down for cleaning and lubrication and random setting changes (e.g. km - > miles), it's been grand! To be fair, I've killed many a gym and hotel treadmill over the years (running hard and sweating a lot!), so I have some respect for this one. I reckon It's got another 10-12 months of life left in it, and it'll owe me nothing.

Nordictrack support is outsourced to iconeurope, and on occasion it's taken 6-7 months to get a replacement part, but I've been pleasantly surprised to pay €150 for a replacement motor (which given the size and weight of the part seems like good value).

Advertisement