Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

URC 2024/25

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Yeah, Against the Head never runs for the whole season. It usually begins it's run around November, takes a break, comes back around the 6N and then runs to the end of the season.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

That was certainly true in years past, alright. I remember years it would only have run during international weeks, and other years that it started during the November internationals, stopped and then ran during the Six Nations again and through to the end of the season.

However I’ve gone back and checked and it’s started in September for the last two years. Granted there was the RWC last year and it was effectively their highlights show for that.

Now, when it’s run has I think been very dependant on what rights RTE have had. They don’t have EPCR highlights rights at the moment, so it doesn’t run after EPCR weekends. Equally, RTE won’t have the rights to the AIs this year, so it would be odd to use them to launch the show like they might have done in the past when they mightnt have had URC highlights rights.

It’s the nearest thing to a URC highlights show on linear tv in Ireland, so hopefully it will make a reappearance later in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

The TV coverage on Premier Sports was definitely a step up on last year IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They do highlights, but not a highlights show.

What I mean is they throw edited match highlights into slots of various lengths at various random times in the schedule when they’ve nothing else on. (They even sometimes fill the halftime slot of live games that are only being covered whistle to whistle with them).

It’s the Premier way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

I switched over last night (channel hopping) and they were showing highlights of Dragons v Ospreys, that was followed with what seemed like a shorter highlight clip of Munster v Connacht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Yeah that's my recollection of the last time I subscribed also. A dedicated weekly highlights show would go a long way to convincing me to resub

Advertisement