Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hezbollah pager explosions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

You marched against the Iraq War you say but you think it’s conspiracy theory territory to mention that Israel supplied much of the WMD fake intelligence and were lobbying for invasion?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Like I said the Russian fuelled conspiracy theory forum is that way

I don’t have time for your whataboutery either, the Americans don’t threaten the lives of everyone in this country including my kids on a daily basis like Russians do, neither did they declare economic war on Europe trying to freeze us and drive up inflation like Putin did, neither did they start largest war in Europe since ww2 using classic fascist rhetoric and tactics while driving millions of refugees into Europe and directly interfering in elections

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

I don't why I engage with you as clearly you're a complete crank.

But do yourself a favour and look at the combat footage subreddit -

You'll see that all of the buildings Israel have hit these past two days appear to have been legitimate targets - full of rockets and ammunition that have thrown up huge secondary explosions.

Unfortunately there will be collateral damage.

Wind your neck in pal.

warned and one day forum ban applied

Post edited by Beasty on

Everything that threatens the narrative you have decided is true is a conspiracy theory?

Did you ever consider the role of Israeli intelligence, arguably the most competent intelligence agency anywhere, as we have recently witnessed. In the intelligence failure over Iraqi WMD? Did you ever wonder where the intelligence came from?

I ain’t defending Israel, they are deplorable just like Hezbollah and Hamas are

Tho they don’t threaten the lives of everyone I know on a daily basis in a nuclear Armageddon either or get in bed with Islamist terrorists like Russians do

I can’t think of a single instance of Israeli government threatening everyone in Ireland (like Russians done) with nuclear annihilation or actually waging economic war on us

Despite a vocal minority here openly supporting terrorist organisations whose founding principles are based on genocidal eradication of Israel

How magnanimous of Israel not to threaten Ireland with nuclear annihilation because some of our citizens are disgusted by the killing of tens of thousands of children, the rape of prisoners, jailing without charge of thousands of ordinary people.
    A nuclear armed genocidal, state like Israel with Samson protocols which ensure nuclear Armageddon are a clear threat to the world.

Now if you could provide that link to the Russian government threatening everyone in Ireland with nuclear annihilation.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

this is just hazbara propaganda.

there is no evidence what soever for any of this, and we know israel always target civilians and then claim weapons/rockets/hamas/hesbala/whatever.

liar liar israel are as untrustworthy as it gets.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Neither of those links show “Russian government threatening everyone in Ireland with nuclear annihilation”.

Joe Duffy is not an Irish government spokesperson any more than Alex Jones is a US government spokesperson or a Russian TV presenter is a Russian government spokesperson but you know this.

Who is supplying the weapons killing children across three countries to Israel. It ain’t Russia.

Russia doesn’t have free media for something like this to have been shown on their main channel the sign off would have come from the top

And that’s before we get to them deliberately boasting they will freeze pensioners across Europe

Btw without US and Europe acting as policemen we endup with these dumpster fires in Middle East while we just look on tut tutting, the same dumpster fires Russia and their buddies in the Islamic republic are busy pouring weapons and oil into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭taratee

And Israel will stop bombing Gaza if Hamas returns the hostages that they captured on October 7th. That sounds simple also, doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭dmcdona

I'll leave "combat footage" to you and others who like that sort of thing thanks. I'll stick with the BBC.

And if shouting out against the perpetrators of murder, terrorism and genocide makes me a "crank", that's ok by me.

Feel free to keep defending the deaths of 50 children (so far). The personal insults are unnecessary.

• Advertisement

That must be why they blew up Nordstream but European pensioners are still being kept warm by Russian oil and gas. Europe is importing more Russian gas now than the year the war began. Toughest sanctions in the world ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Which of course as usual has nothing to do with my post bottom line is you are an apologist for mass murder of women and children

They have never offered a permanent stop to bombing in exchange for the release of hostages. Only a temporary stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

A few months, we haven't seen Israel fight an all out war yet.

Hamas is pretty much destroyed. If it has any capability at all it would be striking now when Israel is turning attention to the attacks from Hezbollah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Indeed, they have pretty much said that even if every hostage is returned safely, the war will go on (Netanyahu needs the war politically in order to survive).

Hezbollah have declared war on Israel.

Hez commander responsible for rockets/missiles taken out today.

At this rate the last recruit this week will be a commander by months end .

Beware of the risen people.

I'd imagine Hamas are a busted flush at this stage.
    I saw a BBC article earlier pitting hezbollah as worlds apart from Hamas. But given there are no hostages for Israel to rescue, perhaps months is a fair enough assessment if the goal is to provide security for northern Israel alone.

Were they not already at war? Didn't see anything on the MSM?

Guess it's a formal declaration, theatre more than anything but might mean a response from them.

More and more videos appearing of Israeli Air Force strikes on Hezbollah positions in the middle of a civilian areas with insane numbers of secondary explosions. Yet more proof that Hezbollah stores ammunition and rockets in civilian areas, risking everyone's lives.

Was any proof given?

I'd imagine most civilian buildings have fuel supplies. More so if they are medical facilities and the like. Were these possibly the secondary explosions (even in some cases) ?

But I'd imagine even without any terrorist paraphernalia in a building, a rocket is going to take out much in and around any building.

And there will be collateral damage and death of civilians. I guess it's up to Israel to show proportionality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭quokula

They were routinely murdering Palestinians long before October 7th. And they hold far more hostages than Hamas do, again something they've routinely done since before October 7th. By many accounts the people they kidnap and imprison without charge suffer far worse treatment and abuse by their captors too.

They don't need to offer a permanent one. A temporary stop is a start. It's up to Hamas to accept it and negotiate from there. Interesting to note that Hamas/Palestine/Hezbollah supporters always expect Israel to make the first more when it comes to ceasefires.

• Advertisement

Plenty of proof but validating the sources can be tricky. Validating the information we see online is tricky full stop. That's not specific to this conflict. Israel did ask people to leave the region before they started bombing and given the number of high profile Hezbollah fatalities, I think they are showing proportionality. I think Israel has done it's homework on Hezbollah.

Hezbollah have a massive decision to make here. The last week would suggest that Israel knows far too much about Hezbollah, it's structure and how it operates as an organisation. All out war would be a gamble, at best, at this stage and it's hard to see past a humiliating defeat for them at this point.

Yes - fair enough.

Tricky to predict but I read here if Hesbollah move north to a pre-agreed "peace line" then Israel should achieve its goal and de-escalate. The declaration of war on Israel posted here would be a sticking point. But as also stated, that could just be theatre.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I guess it's up to Israel to show proportionality.

Israel doesnt do "proportionality"

Theyre happy to keep bombing civilian areas in the hope they get the odd Hezbollah or Hamas member.

Just remember in Gaza they have murdered 41500 people - and some 27,000 women and children.

How many more civilians have to die in Lebanon before this conflict stops?

The UN / Nato talk a lot of shite to be honest - been listening to all teh condemnations of Israel today and the truth is if they wanted to resolve these conflicts a no fly zone over Palestine / Lebanon / Israel should be enforced - it`ll never happen though as long as the US has a veto in the UN.

Haaretz:

With Israel-Hamas Talks Stalled, Hostages' Families Warn Lebanon Fighting Delays Release Deal

A source familiar with negotiations between Israel and Hamas said there had been no progress for some time; 'Every military operation, in Gaza or in Lebanon, endangers them immediately,' said a hostage's relative

Human Rights Groups: Israel's Far-right Channel 14 Has Called for Genocide Against Palestinians in Gaza More Than 50 Times

In a letter to Israel's Attorney General, three Israeli organizations compiled a list of calls for genocide in Gaza made on the right-wing Channel 14 alongside more than 150 statements calling for war crimes against Palestinians, including indiscriminate killing, mass expulsion and starvation

Arab Israeli Girl, 12, Suspended From School After Empathizing With Gazan Children

In a class discussion, the girl said that children in Gaza were dying of hunger. Classmates said her village should burn, and allegedly attacked her after class. The school told parents said they suspended her to protect her, but Education Ministry officials accused her of 'inciting against the army'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Textbook cognitive dissonance.

Palestine was administered by the British the same as any of its other colonies until it was handed over to the zionists. Planters were sent in (or simply allowed to move there) during the period of the British mandate in much the same way as the English sent Scottish planters to Northern Ireland or in the same way that the soviets moved populations around to ensure their influence.

So both were former British colonies. Both had imported immigrants from all over the world to establish and maintain their control - mainly Europe in both cases - prior to establishing their independence from their colonial power. There were even Jewish people in North America at the time of their independence - perhaps that will allow you to apply the same "logic" to both and then realise that your "Palestine was never a colony" shtick is pure bull. Zionism was a colonial enterprise from the start and is recognised as such by all but the most ardent of wannabe gaslighters.

This is really basic stuff. And all you are doing in highlighting your own lack of knowledge.

Not sure if this has transpired as of yet:

Haaretz:
    HOSTAGES/CEASE-FIRE: Veteran peace activist Gershon Baskin, who helped broker the 2011 deal to release Gilad Shalit, claimed on Sunday that Hamas had agreed to a one-phase agreement in which it would release all the hostages in exchange for a large number of Palestinian security prisoners within three weeks. Baskin said Netanyahu's office had received a text of the offer, as had the mediator governments.

Edit: can't speak for others but I couldn't care less who initiates negotiations - as long as they commence and result in anything positive. Hamas may have initiated the above seeing as they appear to have little left to negotiate.

Deleted ..

Agreed and their track record is poor - hence both ICC and ICJ actions in progress.

The concerns expressed by the usual suspects seem either to go nowhere (genuine expressions but issuer has no power/influence) or were just issued for the optics (issuer has power/influence but chooses not to demonstrate with anything other than words).

Certainly Lebanon is different to Gaza. The impact of escalation appears to be more worrying to the international community and especially to those with power/influence.

Meanwhile, civilians will pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

It is no wonder that people attending the various holocaust attractions such as Auswich have slowed to a trickle as sympathy for Israel and its people evaporates. All of this genocide by Israel to keep the gangster Netanyahu and his cronies in power and out of prison. As for the UN if ever proof was needed that it is a toothless talking shop generating mega salaries for its members and employees then look no further than the continued actions of Israel/ USA and Russia, two vicious sides of the same rotten coin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So all those women and children were at war ??? This is getting ridiculous now.

The UN are a total waste of space. We can all agree on that. They'll come out with some vague set of goals when tensions in the region start to settle and they'll give themselves a big pat on the back when they do. The media will be all over it.

What point are you trying to make re: Auschwitz? I'm not seeing the connection to Israel.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

UN head Antonio Guterres got it bang on in his speech today.

He warns against an "intolerable" level of impunity being shown by some of the world's governments who feel entitled to a "get out of jail free" card and that they can violate international law.

"They can trample international law. They can violate the United Nations Charter," he says.

"The level of impunity in the world is politically indefensible and morally intolerable."

His words will land on deaf ears. Time for an overhaul of the UN.

So by that reasoning you are against Israel threatening and carrying out those threats against the innocent Gazans?

I visit the Topography of Terror Museum whenever i'm in Berlin. It is a very sad place to visit and it tells the story of the holocaust in picture. It is hard to leave it without a tear in your eye. Awful things happened. It amazes me that anyone who was connected to that could stand idly by and watch what Israel is doing to the Gazans. There are many similarities to what is happening to the Gazans and what happened to Jews in Nazi Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Ireland seems to have this blind spot when it comes to terrorists like Himas, Hezbollah and Iran.

Just like Jeremy Corbyn did in Britain.

Michael D Higgins rethoric is starting to grate in 2024.

When their supporters march in their thousands to US Embassies in Europe including Ireland and chant slogans like Kill Americans and Israelis and burn effigees of American Presidents, the Police forces should round them up on hate crimes.

When did they burn an effigy in Dublin or are you just ezaggerating?

Never said that particular incident of burning the effigy happened in Dublin. Read it again.

Ok. I didn't hear about it happening anywhere but i'll take your word for it. I wouldn't agree with burning anything but I respect people who march for a good intention and to stop genocide and unfair treatment of Palestinians.

What about chanting "Death to Americans" marching past the US embassies in their 1000's. Is that ok? Where do you draw the line?

• Advertisement
Advertisement