Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

what was Jess actually doing with that basket of laundry; she kept picking up items of clothing and moving them around the basket - daft…

Is Dean back operating HotPots - no sign of it or if he is living in the van?!

Post edited by Sad Professor on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,320 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They are certainly rushing Dean's romance with Charlene. That's something that would develop over the space of a few weeks - I don't think he has ever even had a proper conversation with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Has Emma ever really seen Paul's house, apart from that 'cosy' room at the front; really stupid her offering to buy like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You would think Con would give her a good deal on one of his many developments or Joan could sell her Anna's house

Where is Emma currently staying, with James or in a hotel or Hughie's pod hostel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭Who Ate The Cat

My claim to fame. I marked Jimmy Doyle (David Mitchell) in a school's gaelic football match in November 1991! His school was Beneavin, Finglas.

Victor sounds like he caught Farmer's Lung off Tommy Dillon 😜

not a kettle working in any kitchen in that place….

Dean intently and intensely reading Victor's Get Well Cards🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Still not bothered he kidnapped her ma to steal her cash 😀

• Advertisement

How on earth is that Pauls daughter

another person with no kettle….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Since when are victor and tommy and dean best mates?

How can mairead visit twice in one day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Otis Hill

was wondering the same. I thought prisoners were only allowed one visit per week. Mairead seems to be waltzing in and out of the Joy at her leisure though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I though Carol was supposed to be less involved in the Station, seems she's there just as much as she always was.

So Paul was able to sell his house in a matter of hours? I remember going sale agreed on my house in May 2022 and not moved in until Nov 2022. I presume Emma will be living there already in the next episode.

Not sure what the point of Charlene is. If they want to pair Dean up with someone Orla is single and aimless at the moment.

Is Sean gone back to the shed? He was supposed to be managing The Station so Carol didn't have to work but she's been scowling from behind the bar every episode since his promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Barbie2k23

Ciaran back aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You would swear it was Southfork Ranch that Paul was living in that he needs to downsize, I doubt it's even a 3 bed house.

• Advertisement

Claire has ears everywhere to know what Damien did with the photos

I want to see Joan and Claire go to battle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Deeec

Exactly - it's a small house. He seems to have forgot that he will now be homeless and have to find himself and Ruth somewhere else to live and that there is no hope of him getting a mortgage. An accountant would never advise a client to sell their house to pay off debts. There must be no housing crisis in Carrigstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Deeec

It's ridiculous how Charlene is popping up everywhere given that we have never seen her before.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I feel like I missed an episode where Dean got with her and now she decided it’s a bad idea cause the scene in McCoys tonight was very strange. Was Thursday when they first started talking?

He paid for her food in Vinos AFAIR and then she was a fan girl from his MMA UFC fighting days

It was mentioned Paul has other rental properties so I presume he'll be turfing tenants out of a flat and taking it himself. Though for the life of me, i cant understand why he wouldnt sell one of those first.

Does he still own the house that Mondo lives in? It used to be Orla and Wayne that lived there renting it off Paul and Niamh but can't remember if that was sold since to either Wayne and Orla or maybe Mondo bought it with whatever Angela left him in her will.

Also who lives in and/or owns the flat that Christiano used to live in? Mondo and Melanie were living in that before the house Mondo lives in now. I think Paul owned that flat once upon a time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Well, that prison officer is an Oscar candidate straight away. Lord have mercy!!!

we’re going to have a whole shawshank redemption style prison storyline. Damo carving rocks while boring a hole in the wall with a teaspoon, easy enough on the flimsy fair city set. 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭littlevillage

The Fair City judicial system works a bit different to reality.... Quelle surprise!!!

Damien thrown straight into MountJoy Jail for a stretch.. amoung convicted criminals, Ciarán a convicted kidnapper, and God only knows what Jimmy Doyle is in for???

Has Damien come before a judge yet for a preliminary hearing ? and I would imagine it doubtful he would be remanded in custody in a prison (more like a holding cell in a regional Garda station) and even that would not be for more than a few hours, an overnight at the most until a preliminary hearing. Then he would certainly get bail until his full hearing. ?

The full hearing could be a year or two later

It was straight to the Joy for Damo, no court hearing, even though Joan said bail was denied, Damo must be seen as a very dangerous flight risk fella

Where is Emmet and Doc Oakley suppose to be, dead or in prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

Strange that a remand prisoner goes to the Joy and comes across a committed prisoner just like that. Remand prisoners in Dublin go to Cloverhill (thank you Google). I suppose the Joy is a bit like the single hospital room in St Catherine's hospital. One size fits all. One prison for all. One hospital room for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,320 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The story is way too rushed. The two of them barely know each other and have hardly had a single conversation.

They did the exact same thing with Gar and Dearbhla. Within about two weeks of meeting for the first time, they were interacting like a couple who had been together for five years and living with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Next thing Mark returns with the map of the Joy tattooed on his body to break Damo out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm expecting Eoin O'Brien to pop up next flanked by Goo Eyes. Its like the Avengers Assmbling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why is damo in prison ?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hold My Hand

I was flicking channels and saw Fair City scene. Damian must have been hitting the gym since I last saw him.

Dopey damo

Heads up Halpin… you’re getting a cell mate….

• Advertisement

Jimmy Doyle...

A ha ha go dopey damo right in the mush, and ready to follow through with the chair 😀

This episode is bizarre. The whole jail thing is so forced. Why exercise machines in the canteen?!

Spillane was supposed to have been killed one Halloween by Lucy. Jimmy Doyle is a blast from the 1990s/00s…he looks fresh enough for 50 ish.

Yer man, Dancing With The Stars/Love Hate, never changes either.

The Jail looks pretty fake. But the story is reasonable. They sort of even explained why Damo is oddly banged up in the Joy as opposed to being in Cloverhill or more obviously out on bail.

Jimmy Doyle is a pretty good actor (compared to the rest of the eijits stealing a living on Fair City at least)

He semi tried to strangle James and sort of pushed Decetive Buckley!

It's a bit like the hospital Carol was in a few weeks ago.

Also, how is Mairead getting all these prison visits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Damo's punch, proper A-Team sound effect 😁.

Is Yvonne going to put in an appearance soon too? Seemed strange that the writers put in a mention that she randomly got a hold of Jimmy's prison phone number and called him. Even stranger that he knew it was her considering his prison burner phone probably didn't come with his siblings numbers pre programmed into it. I guess it could be argued he knows her number from memory.

I presume Bela will be killed off and that's why Yvonne was calling but spoilers seem to show it's just Suzanne and Jimmy returning for the 35th.

Also was the guy with Spillane in prison that Ciaran was squaring up to just a random cronie or is he a past character that we're meant to know?

I found these was something nice and natural about him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement